The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I chose BMC and best decision i have made. Teaching far more personal, get a lot of opportunities of going out and visiting places etc as class smaller. Only bad thing is 3rd year in magee but all 3rd years i have heard from love it there and you are only there just over 30 days
Original post by EmmaPanic
I chose BMC and best decision i have made. Teaching far more personal, get a lot of opportunities of going out and visiting places etc as class smaller. Only bad thing is 3rd year in magee but all 3rd years i have heard from love it there and you are only there just over 30 days

is Magee to far for you to travel ? if so you are barely there in final year !.
Reply 1522
Haven't been on in a while so trying to catch up, is anyone for Magee Part-time?
Original post by soupyjnr
Hi guys

I need your help...

Basically, I have been offered a place for UU Magee, UU BMC and QUB. I know the obvious choice might be to choose queens but I think the fact that UU BMC only has 25 in a class will give more 1-2-1 teaching which I feel is better for social work.

My question is - if you guys had to choose, what would you go for? UU Magee is completely out, but its the other two that is wrecking my brain!

Any help at all would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

is it the three yr for all of the unis above?
Has everyone else confirmed their choices on ucas now? Or anyone else still wondering?
Went onto confirm choices and ucas is down is anyone else having this issue
I have to choose between UU BMC (3yr) and QUB (3yr)!
Really unsure of what to do, because both are good for different reasons. The facilities at QUB (library etc) are excellent, and the surrounding area is great, as well as travel is easy, however I have heard (don't know if it's strictly true) that UU's lecturers are much more willing to help and are more attentive, however I don't know how I feel about the 3rd year being in Magee!
Anyone provide any help?
Original post by hea0602
I have to choose between UU BMC (3yr) and QUB (3yr)!
Really unsure of what to do, because both are good for different reasons. The facilities at QUB (library etc) are excellent, and the surrounding area is great, as well as travel is easy, however I have heard (don't know if it's strictly true) that UU's lecturers are much more willing to help and are more attentive, however I don't know how I feel about the 3rd year being in Magee!
Anyone provide any help?

Hi have u made ur choice yet on ucas? I am doing the rgr social wrk and got offers for both queens and magee also. I chose magee having spoken to people who have completed it at both universities. altho queens wuld have been alot handier for me i have heard from friends of friends that uu focuses on both academics and practical and can make it quite fun in the ways u r assessed. Queens apparently not so much. Before speakin to these people i was goin on peoples thoughts and opinions of each uni but it was very useful to hear facts. Its very much up to personal preference. Also a number of people who r travelin to magee for their final yr could group together an do a car share myb r something as tht is wot sumone i spoke to had said she had done? hope this helps
Reply 1528
got an offer for 2 year at magee yesterday, i am acc over the moon!!!
thats amazing anna well done i thought theyd need to wait till august before confirming anything
Original post by annad93
got an offer for 2 year at magee yesterday, i am acc over the moon!!!

Congrats!! im sure u r. Do u live up that direction r anything? Im heading there too
Reply 1531
Original post by jenny coll
Congrats!! im sure u r. Do u live up that direction r anything? Im heading there too

Thanks Jenny :smile: no I'm from Belfast so I have some thinking to do, are you near there? See you in September! :smile:
Reply 1532
Original post by khutchinson06
thats amazing anna well done i thought theyd need to wait till august before confirming anything

Thank you :smile: I was told queens would be August but Magee told me from day one its a waiting game to see who will take their places and i could hear between now and August I suppose It depends really
Original post by annad93
Thank you :smile: I was told queens would be August but Magee told me from day one its a waiting game to see who will take their places and i could hear between now and August I suppose It depends really

well done im sure your relieved
Reply 1534
Original post by khutchinson06
well done im sure your relieved

Thanks so much! I am :smile:
well done im so pleased for you
Hiya
I accepted bmc 3yr just winderin has anyone heard from them about start date books needed etc. I havnt heard anythin.
Does anyone know what to do with access course results for bmc?
I have accepted my offer for the two years at Magee and I was wondering if anyone is living down there?
Original post by Nlonsdale
I have accepted my offer for the two years at Magee and I was wondering if anyone is living down there?

Hey i am going there also and doing the two year. Where r u from?i think im goin to have to live down that direction rather than travelling every day..but only for the first few months that we are actually in uni

Quick Reply

Latest