The Student Room Group

Arsey's S15 FP2 Model answers (in first post)

Quite reasonable on the whole - expect standard boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey

For shading outside do I lose both marks ?
Original post by Arsey

I would say higher than normal boundaries, but there's not really anywhere that A* boundary can go!
Reply 3
what UMS would 69 be?
hi arsey,

for Q2c I did w=z^(3/4), and I only get 2 root 2 i as my answer. How many marks will I get?

in june 2010, they got a similar question and the mark scheme is like that :
https://8dedc505ac3fba908c50836f5905...%20Edexcel.pdf

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Q1 prt a is both
Part b isnt it just x>1

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were the separate answers to 1a and b, not really clear on the model answers? Thanks
Q6 - worked out the wrong angle which led to part b giving the wrong answer
Q7c - may have gotten the wrong term in the last part of the series but the differentiation was correct.
Q8b- didn't work out the second part of the PI and just added u over 8

How many marks do you think those mistake cost me?
Original post by physicsmaths
Q1 prt a is both
Part b isnt it just x>1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's right, that's what I got.
Original post by kprime2
what UMS would 69 be?

Probably 85-89 range.
Reply 10
Original post by kprime2
what UMS would 69 be?

69 UMS would be a C.

69 marks would be A/A* boundary.
Original post by Arsey

Arsey how many marks will I drop on the De Moivre question if I used to the power of 3/4. One method mark? Got all the same solutions.
How many marks would I get for having 2+/-2i and -2+/-2i somehow on the roots question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey

Standard being? I need high 80s to be in with a shot for an A*.

I couldn't integrate the 3sinxcos2x so had to make:

y= integ(3sinxcos2x)/sinx + C/sinx

I expect 3/6 for that based on previous questions since I got the I.F etc.

I couldn't show the method of differences question, I'm hoping for 1/4 here.

I made a mistake with the last question where e^pu I used -4 rather than 4, giving an end answer of x^-4 etc. I assume this is 3 marks gone too, 2 in part B and 1 in part C (if no carry through, it was only 1 mark). (I guess they might not even noticed.. optimistically).

Finally I for the polar equation I got a^2(9/4+9rt(3)/2) so my coef of B was wrong. I assume this is another 2 marks gone.

In total a ****ty result for me, looking at 64 raw marks. I'm guessing that's about 80 UMS :/
Original post by Arsey

For the circle why don't you shade outside?
And what are standard boundaries?
For the roots question I ended up with 2+/-2i and -2+/-2i I have no idea why, any idea how many marks this will be worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
this paper was not like the average paper .....
for some stupid reason, i used pi/4 not pi/3 and used other formula. I think i was doing another question. 4 marks down the drain
Reply 17
can you get different answers for question 6? i used a different integration method and got y= -cos3x/2sinx +3/2(cotx) + ccosecx

Edit: i realised that if i expanded mine i would've got the right answer, how many marks will i lose for this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Ilovemaths96
for some stupid reason, i used pi/4 not pi/3 and used other formula. I think i was doing another question. 4 marks down the drain

Misreading the question only penalises you for a maximum of 2 accuracy marks. You should be fine.
How many marks do you think I would lose for forgetting to put the a in the polar coordinate? I can't remember if I put it in.
Also, for 7c I worked out all the correct values for f(pi/4) but I can't remember if I got 176/3root3....so I'm not sure I got the expansion correct. How many marks would I lose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending