Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
:cry2:

:hugs:
Iv destroyed my shoulder, i can hardly lift my arm :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
You weren't spoiled, you just received the standard of care that you (and the rest of us) deserved. :smile: There's nothing wrong with that, but there's plenty wrong with the many services in different parts of the country that don't have a ****ing clue.

Personally I've learned to rely more on the people who'll always be there, like my family and friends. It might not work for everyone (and there's a huge role for therapy and medication), but the bigger your support network, the more people to try and catch you when you fall.

I remember in hospital one of the support workers telling me about how rubbish adult services could be but I didn't really believe him until I read about how some people here are treated.

Definitely agree with the support network too. I was lucky to have the unconditional support of my mum, something which kept me going at my lowest but it's horrible that so many don't have the support I had.
Original post by Little Popcorns
haha obv, still when you're in need it's not really much comfort... The millionaires out there need to just pull their fingers out really Haha it must be somewhere out there :tongue:.

That's good :smile:, although when I was 14 and got referred it was rubbish. I do think it is so important to target this stuff in childhood let's face it. If you don't mind me asking how old are you and what diagnosis have you got?

Like TLG said, it's a postcode lottery. Also a lottery of who you see when you're in the services I think. I'm 19 now and my diagnosis was severe depression. At the moment I'm somewhere between recovery and relapse with food issues thrown in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Dislocated?
:hugs: Dislocated?

Dont think so as i can still move my arm, just realy hurts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midnightmemories
Really worried about tomorrow...

Whats happening tomorrow? <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont think so as i can still move my arm, just realy hurts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: Hope it clears up soon. :console:
Original post by Pathway
:cry2:

Hope you're okay. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no!- I'm awfully sorry. What were you doing? <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2

Like TLG said, it's a postcode lottery. Also a lottery of who you see when you're in the services I think. I'm 19 now and my diagnosis was severe depression. At the moment I'm somewhere between recovery and relapse with food issues thrown in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So true, I got lumbered with a student for a while and boy was that useless. I think she was a mute, I felt like there was no feedback there whatsoever. Ah I'm sorry to hear that but glad you're getting the support you need. That's cool that they're letting you stay with CAMHS. What's the deal, how old were you when you were orginally referred?
Original post by Little Popcorns
So true, I got lumbered with a student for a while and boy was that useless. I think she was a mute, I felt like there was no feedback there whatsoever. Ah I'm sorry to hear that but glad you're getting the support you need. That's cool that they're letting you stay with CAMHS. What's the deal, how old were you when you were orginally referred?

That must have been frustrating. I used to see a psychologist who took the 'therapeutic pause' to a new level.

I'm not with them anymore, I was discharged about 10 months ago! I was 18 anyway and didn't really want to go onto CMHT so that was that. I was first referred when I was 15 but had symptoms from 12/13ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, I've watched this thread for a while and thought I'd get involved. It seems like a thread full of nice people and help :smile:

Is it normal to suffer from mild insomnia when on these types of tablets?

Indeed it is, one of the most common side effects I think. May not be the case for all, but for a lot of them anyways.

How long you been on your current medication? Generally their side effects are nastier for the first 2 weeks and then they lessen after that. They can also take as long as 2 months to start working proper. Dunno if your doc told you any of that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I am off my medication too (except iron tablets). They don't think they are helping me.

:jumphug: to all who need it.
Original post by CescaD96
So I am off my medication too (except iron tablets). They don't think they are helping me.

:jumphug: to all who need it.

Good luck with coming off it, hope it goes smoothly. :smile:
Good luck with coming off it, hope it goes smoothly. :smile:

I'm on fluoxetine so that has a long half life and they say it's ok. And I'm off the abilify already so I'll be ok I think. What they diagnosed me with means therapy is best for me.
:frown: Hope it clears up soon. :console:

Hope so too! Not at proper work tonight, just having a staff meeting which i guess is good as i dont have to deal with young people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
That must have been frustrating. I used to see a psychologist who took the 'therapeutic pause' to a new level.

I'm not with them anymore, I was discharged about 10 months ago! I was 18 anyway and didn't really want to go onto CMHT so that was that. I was first referred when I was 15 but had symptoms from 12/13ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha oh dear, sounds like someone was making something for nothing there.

Ohh okay fair enough, hope you get the help you need in whatever form :smile: inc this thread :h:
Original post by Anon_98
Oh no!- I'm awfully sorry. What were you doing? <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

It most likely popped put in my sleep, nothing new just annoying and painful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It most likely popped put in my sleep, nothing new just annoying and painful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right ;( Yeah, I can imagine. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Oh right ;( Yeah, I can imagine. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Atleast its not fully dislocated anymore!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest