The Student Room Group

WJEC Business studies exam GCSE June 5th 2015

Does anyone have any idea on what topics will be included on the Business studies exam on 5th June 2015, WJEC??
Reply 1
Original post by EllCl
Does anyone have any idea on what topics will be included on the Business studies exam on 5th June 2015, WJEC??

Hey, I had this paper today!
I thought it was okay...the last question about fast food was kinda random but it was alright. I didn't like the measuring success questions though:frown:
Reply 2
Original post by osamabinfishing
Completely agree, the last question was so out of the blue, would've preferred anything else really... What did you put for measuring success?

I put customer feeback and profits and loss accounts. Wbu?

And the entrepreneur question was 4 marks...I could only think of a sentence!!
Reply 3
Yeah same really, I put working out net profit in profit/loss to determine how profitable they were and for the other I put (mainly for more ethical businesses) surveying/asking customers and employees for feedback i.e. if they were happy.

I wrote the definition of an entrepreneur, two sentences on the skills they would have and then a bit about CELL but I honestly had no idea how to answer that 4-marker :s-smilie:

For the gardening company's methods of production did you put i) job and ii) batch?

what is CELL? we never learn that lol:0

you know the JIT thing? we never learnt that either so I had to make up some stuff:/

And I put job and batch as well yeah:smile::smile:
what did you write for the bit about type of leadership in the beginning? democratic or autocratic?
Also, there was this question about what sources of finance Judith would use..what did you write? I wrote venture capital and grants?

sorry for the questions, its hard to find someone who actually does WJEC!! it is so unpopular ahaha
Reply 4
Yeah same really, I put working out net profit in profit/loss to determine how profitable they were and for the other I put (mainly for more ethical businesses) surveying/asking customers and employees for feedback i.e. if they were happy.

I wrote the definition of an entrepreneur, two sentences on the skills they would have and then a bit about CELL but I honestly had no idea how to answer that 4-marker :s-smilie:

For the gardening company's methods of production did you put i) job and ii) batch?

ALSO, what did you write on the last question? because I might be in with a chance of some marks!!!
Reply 5
Original post by fabsafxo
Hey, I had this paper today!
I thought it was okay...the last question about fast food was kinda random but it was alright. I didn't like the measuring success questions though:frown:

Which unit was this?
Reply 6
Original post by Neelam96
Which unit was this?

There is only one unit.
It is WJEC Business..one exam, one coursework.
Reply 7
I put customer feeback and profits and loss accounts. Wbu?

And the entrepreneur question was 4 marks...I could only think of a sentence!!

Hey! Just thought I would post too because nobody on here is doing WJEC & it's nice to communicate :biggrin:
I wrote about qualitative data: profits/loss and quantitative data: opinions of customers year on year.
Then for the entrepreneur all I knew to write was someone who has an innovation or idea and takes the necessary risks to start up? Confused..

Did anybody else put job production and then flow production for the greenhouse? I almost wrote batch but then crossed it out, thinking that the question didn't state they changed the designs each season, just that they were the same specs.
Reply 8
Original post by celloel
Hey! Just thought I would post too because nobody on here is doing WJEC & it's nice to communicate :biggrin:
I wrote about qualitative data: profits/loss and quantitative data: opinions of customers year on year.
Then for the entrepreneur all I knew to write was someone who has an innovation or idea and takes the necessary risks to start up? Confused..

Did anybody else put job production and then flow production for the greenhouse? I almost wrote batch but then crossed it out, thinking that the question didn't state they changed the designs each season, just that they were the same specs.

Hi! Yeah WJEC is so unpopular. I think you've done well from what you've told me aha, it all sounds right! I put Job, then Batch because flow is constant with the same products, whereas batch is the one that does a lot of each one but changes for different designs and sizes. It did mention the different sizes and stuff I believe:smile:

I found the measuring success, and the last question about fast food tough, because I had absolutely no idea?! Also the question about what sources of finance, what did you put? I put grants and venture capital?!
Reply 9

I found the measuring success, and the last question about fast food tough, because I had absolutely no idea?! Also the question about what sources of finance, what did you put? I put grants and venture capital?!

For the fast food I wrote
Positives:
- Council Tax = money for roads, schools, etc
- Jobs = less unemployment, higher standard of living
Negatives:
- Transportation = contributes to the greenhouse effect, climate change, etc
- Waste = uneaten food/old things from outlets will have to be thrown away (didn't know what else to write)

And then the sources of finance I put bank loan and trade credit. Your answers were right too I think, there's a link where it discusses sources of finance & "Government Sources" (grants) and "Venture Capital" are both on there :biggrin:
Didn't end up finishing the last question but I think I wrote about congestion preventing people from going to work, local smaller businesses closing, pressure groups e.g. vegetarians because of meat or the slaughter of animals (really just put that in there because I had so little to say) and other people objecting because it may stimulate obesity. Think I also put a little bit on how, positively, the area has more jobs available.

I don't think it was on the spec really, I think our teacher just spoke about it once and I seemed to remember, so with nothing else to write for that question I just went for it

You're not alone haha, I hardly got taught anything for the topic on production! As long as you wrote about some benefits and disadvantages of keeping stock low you'll be fine :wink:

Forgive me I can't remember that leadership question, but yeah I wrote grants because of the unemployment in the area and overdrafts for 'emergency' finance on day-to-day expenses

It's fine :wink: couldn't agree more, WJEC seem to be so unpopular on most GCSEs really :s-smilie:

WOW OMG. I actually think with that last question you jave got full marks frpm what ive heard!! I knew all that stuff, but I just completely forgot!!!
And yeah I was like costs, hassle etc
The leadership question was on the question with the billboard of key words, and you had to write the word for each one...so like there was, a type of management...etc. The question after tick boxes??
Original post by celloel
For the fast food I wrote
Positives:
- Council Tax = money for roads, schools, etc
- Jobs = less unemployment, higher standard of living
Negatives:
- Transportation = contributes to the greenhouse effect, climate change, etc
- Waste = uneaten food/old things from outlets will have to be thrown away (didn't know what else to write)

And then the sources of finance I put bank loan and trade credit. Your answers were right too I think, there's a link where it discusses sources of finance & "Government Sources" (grants) and "Venture Capital" are both on there :biggrin:

OMG. Well done! Let me know if you get an A* because I think you will!!
OMG. Well done! Let me know if you get an A* because I think you will!!

Haha I'm not so sure, I found the paper quite difficult. I will let you know though! I did get full marks on my coursework so I'm hoping that will bump up my grade :biggrin:

For the leadership billboard question I wrote Democratic, what did you put?
Original post by celloel
Haha I'm not so sure, I found the paper quite difficult. I will let you know though! I did get full marks on my coursework so I'm hoping that will bump up my grade :biggrin:

For the leadership billboard question I wrote Democratic, what did you put?

I put democratic as well:smile:
aye! well done! I got one mark off an A...sad times:frown::frown:
so my exam better be good! I want an a overall though,so fingers crossed:smile::smile:
Reply 14
Does anyone know the grade boundaries. I got a A in control assessment, what would I need in the exam?
Think I put democratic also..
Good luck to you both anyway! :wink:

Thanks! you too :smile:
Original post by Imran_01
Does anyone know the grade boundaries. I got a A in control assessment, what would I need in the exam?

WJEC are quite difficult in terms of showing UMS marks needed. Last year it was 81/100 on the exam (ish I can't remember exactly) for an A :biggrin:
Reply 17
So what I need in thE exam, if I got a A in the controlled assessment
Original post by Imran_01
So what I need in thE exam, if I got a A in the controlled assessment

We can't tell you as WJEC do not show UMS calculators. Perhaps google it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending