The Student Room Group

F292- Que Rico LTD Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fo0s
There will be a calculation questions in part A and the first question of part b

yup which is why its essential to cover all the calculations lol. any predictions for the calc questions?
Reply 61
Original post by neal95
yup which is why its essential to cover all the calculations lol. any predictions for the calc questions?

the obvious ones are payback and ARR, however it might be useful to know how to calculate PED, Labour turnover and know how the workings of a balance sheet work as they like to give a blank balance sheet and let you fill in the gaps, other than that there should be no shocks, hopefully anyway!
Original post by Fo0s
the obvious ones are payback and ARR, however it might be useful to know how to calculate PED, Labour turnover and know how the workings of a balance sheet work as they like to give a blank balance sheet and let you fill in the gaps, other than that there should be no shocks, hopefully anyway!

yeah i am hoping they go for the nice simple ones. i dont like the stock control charts which i have seen in one of the older past papers. the one where you have to fill in the gaps for the forecasted and actual variance is a nice one aswell, a good four markers. are you planning on doing any calculations/ratios from the profit and loss or balance sheet tommorow?
Reply 63
Original post by neal95
yeah i am hoping they go for the nice simple ones. i dont like the stock control charts which i have seen in one of the older past papers. the one where you have to fill in the gaps for the forecasted and actual variance is a nice one aswell, a good four markers. are you planning on doing any calculations/ratios from the profit and loss or balance sheet tommorow?

I'm honesty rubbish at the calculation questions, however i will include the statistics as evaluation in the longer answer questions, i don't know if that at all answers your question? i'm hoping for the ARR as its like 11 easy marks when paired with the payback on the new ovens and the advertising campaign
There will probably be a question on investment appraisal - that marketing vs the ovens business. It'll be a pretty good place to drop in some payback and ARR calculations too !
Payback for the marketing is 2 years 6 months (I think) and payback for the ovens is 3 years 4 months.
Original post by Fo0s
I'm honesty rubbish at the calculation questions, however i will include the statistics as evaluation in the longer answer questions, i don't know if that at all answers your question? i'm hoping for the ARR as its like 11 easy marks when paired with the payback on the new ovens and the advertising campaign

yeah i get ya, the ARR and payback pne would be perfect tbh because just doing the claculations and analysing which ones is best automatically takes you to level 3 marks plus you will be able to expand on that further if you get through section A quickly maximising your time. hopefully once were in the exam room it should all just flow onto the page lol
Original post by ladybec
Payback for the marketing is 2 years 6 months (I think) and payback for the ovens is 3 years 4 months.

actually i got 2 years 9 months for the marketing campaign but 3 years 4 months for the ovens lol but i will try the calculations again in a buit
(edited 8 years ago)
I think it's 7.5 and 11.67... don't know if that's right though.
Original post by ladybec
I think it's 7.5 and 11.67... don't know if that's right though.

yeah that matches mine lol
How much of the case study are you going to try to memorise?
(edited 8 years ago)
actually you must be right 2 years 6 months as 100000/200000= 1/2
Original post by ladybec
How much of the case study are you going to try to memorise?

i am ot gonna try and memorise it all per se, but important bits i will such as the "aggressive discounting" and the high labour turnover, plus the reduced training initiative and the teething problems with the integrated IT system. for the ARR and Payback i will do the calculations again in the exam just to make sure they are correct and to demonstrate some working. thats it really, i will try and see if i can use some of the figures from the profit and loss and balance sheets but if not i will have to look at the case study in the exam. 2 hours is a decent amount of time so we should be okay. i wish i had 2 hours for my law exam yesterday lol.

provided we answer the questions to a reasonable standard then there is every chance we will get that A grade- you could drop 32 marks and still secure it last year. context is everything in section b lol and the numbers are there to aid us lol that is how i am thinking
Original post by neal95
i am ot gonna try and memorise it all per se, but important bits i will such as the "aggressive discounting" and the high labour turnover, plus the reduced training initiative and the teething problems with the integrated IT system. for the ARR and Payback i will do the calculations again in the exam just to make sure they are correct and to demonstrate some working. thats it really, i will try and see if i can use some of the figures from the profit and loss and balance sheets but if not i will have to look at the case study in the exam. 2 hours is a decent amount of time so we should be okay. i wish i had 2 hours for my law exam yesterday lol.

provided we answer the questions to a reasonable standard then there is every chance we will get that A grade- you could drop 32 marks and still secure it last year. context is everything in section b lol and the numbers are there to aid us lol that is how i am thinking

Yeah, I'm trying to memorise the important bits that might come into questions, and I'm going to memorise the calculations before I go in so I know they're 100% right. I don't want to work it out wrong in the exam and drop marks, I really can't afford to do badly in this subject. >.>
Original post by ladybec
Yeah, I'm trying to memorise the important bits that might come into questions, and I'm going to memorise the calculations before I go in so I know they're 100% right. I don't want to work it out wrong in the exam and drop marks, I really can't afford to do badly in this subject. >.>

fair play thats a good idea aswell. i mean the payback figures and ARR are easy to remember at least. i just hope that i dont get caught in section A which is why i am reading the unit guide to make sure i cover all the theory and going over all the section a past questions.
Reply 75
Anybody got any revision notes that they wouldn't mind sharing? Finding revising this very tricky. Thanks!
How would you answer this question:

"Evaluate the usefulness of QRL's final accounts (Appendices 1 & 2) as a means of QRL's stakeholders assessing the 'health' of the business" ?

I'm stumped! :s-smilie:
Original post by ohmyapplepie
How would you answer this question:

"Evaluate the usefulness of QRL's final accounts (Appendices 1 & 2) as a means of QRL's stakeholders assessing the 'health' of the business" ?

I'm stumped! :s-smilie:

Have a look at Question 3 on here - http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/65117-mark-scheme-unit-f292-business-functions-june.pdf
It's for a different case study but you can get the idea.
What would you say is Amy's leadership style and the organisational structure of QRL?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending