The Student Room Group

F292- Que Rico LTD Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

suppliers-find it usefull and learn that qrl might not be able to pay them on time useful for future deals eg pull out of deal/ etc, could use the example of creditors due within 12 months increased by 717,000 (12.15%) overall business is unhealthy potentially untrustworthy , (just incase the question is messed up i always include how it will affect the business , but this might be seen as not answering the question optional depending on question style)

employees -health is bad- looking at accounts profit before tax -8,381,000 in 2013 , 2014=-11,766,000 profit decrease increased a further 40.49% ,fear of not getting paid low ,job security-redundancy , help plan ahead to find new job elsewhere

im sure you get the idea :s hopefully that helps, could be wrong though / could mention amy and her team and say what they learn that health of business potential bankruptcy/liquidation - help make plans to overcome this e.g go with first investment of marketing to secure quick profit ........

Do take into account i could be wrong so be sure to check out a previous mark scheme from a different paper i have noticed that these questions do come up alot and it can give you an idea of how to answer this question but obviously relating it to qrl , planning to get quick help from a friend tomorrow ,
Does anyone know what type of leader amy is because from reading the case study and apt i suggest shes tried many different styles :s-smilie: also what is meant by operation efficiency , would that just mean quality / and tqm, quality circles benchmarking and capacity utilisation really confused, example question.......Discuss how QRL might improve its operational efficiency
Section A will probably be general questions such as; different marketing objectives, i have a feeling a cash flow forecast might come and u might have to fill in the missing figures,something about motivational theories, market share calculation maybe etc...
Section B,
(4marker) calculate percantage change for one of the figures in the financial statement
(16marker) Asses ways in which QRL might seek to minimise labour turnover.
(20marker) With refernce to quantative and qualatativ data assess whether qrl should invest in the new ovens or marketing campaign.
(16marker) Evaluateeffectiveness of Amy as a leader of QRL.
(16marker) Asses possible initiatives qrl could introduce to improve quality of customer experience.
Reply 83
Original post by michaelzz
What would you say is Amy's leadership style and the organisational structure of QRL?

In terms of the motivational theorists, she is very Taylor because:
- how she leads QRL is to make sure it maximises it gains due to the poor financial state of it atm.
- money is her main motivator and she is paid by performance (bonus etc), John says "amy is only motivated in meeting her targets, getting her bonus and then moving onto the next challenge somewhere else".
- to improve john's views she should be more Mayo, e.g. develop personal interest in her workers to make them feel more important.

Leadership Style:
- it is a Hierarchy with Amy and her management team at the top > then the managers like John Sodje and Jay Mata below that > Managers for each QR restaurant > restaurant employees
- her leadership is very centralised as most decisions are made by Amy and her management team.
- she is a Paternalistic leader, here is a link that explains that leadership style and the other 3: http://www.yu-linkspace.com/blog/2014/8/7/4-leadership-styles-for-entrepreneurs-which-one-are-you

Sorry if that isn't much but that's all i could think of ! I hope that helped a little. It would be nice if anyone added onto it !
Reply 84
i think autocratic leadership as she is always in control and despite bad feedback about the restaurant, she is doing slow improvement on it. apt mentions to allow employees take responsibilities of few things so this suggests qrl should apply a laisez--faire style (dont know the spelling)

hope this helps

not sure on operation efficiency question - need help on that too now!
Reply 85
Original post by zaini101
Section A will probably be general questions such as; different marketing objectives, i have a feeling a cash flow forecast might come and u might have to fill in the missing figures,something about motivational theories, market share calculation maybe etc...
Section B,
(4marker) calculate percantage change for one of the figures in the financial statement
(16marker) Asses ways in which QRL might seek to minimise labour turnover.
(20marker) With refernce to quantative and qualatativ data assess whether qrl should invest in the new ovens or marketing campaign.
(16marker) Evaluateeffectiveness of Amy as a leader of QRL.
(16marker) Asses possible initiatives qrl could introduce to improve quality of customer experience.

hey are these your own predictions??
Original post by zahidl
i think autocratic leadership as she is always in control and despite bad feedback about the restaurant, she is doing slow improvement on it. apt mentions to allow employees take responsibilities of few things so this suggests qrl should apply a laisez--faire style (dont know the spelling)

hope this helps

Yh i just predicted them with friends and my teacher.
For operation efficiency you can talk about TQM, so basically how all employees at QRL should be responsible for the quality of food served, you can discuss benchmarking;how QRL can use information from rival restaurant to identify ways in which customer experience can be improved, also getting rid of the All You Can Eat offer since customers are complaining, plus changing ingerdients as kitchen staff have complained about poor quality.
I would advise you to evaluate after each point.
Reply 87
Original post by vishal1254
Does anyone know what type of leader amy is because from reading the case study and apt i suggest shes tried many different styles :s-smilie: also what is meant by operation efficiency , would that just mean quality / and tqm, quality circles benchmarking and capacity utilisation really confused, example question.......Discuss how QRL might improve its operational efficiency

I am stuck myself on how to tackle this question although according to my class notes, I have written about the Scales of Operation e.g. is it better to be small or large; which i guess relates to the fact that 22 sites have been closed meaning better profits.

I have also written about Economies of Scale and the External and Internal reasons for it and to be honest I don't get what I've written lol although if someone can extend this that would be good !

I found this powerpoint on Operational Efficiency if anyone needs it.

Also, what is TQM ?
Original post by zahidl

hope this helps

i think it does involve all those things because efficiency is all about cutting costs / and tqm / quality circles/ benchmarking / and capacity utilisation all talk about saving cost and improving business :s-smilie:

also do you have a plan or essay on a question to do with amys leadership
Reply 89
Yh i just predicted them with friends and my teacher.
For operation efficiency you can talk about TQM, so basically how all employees at QRL should be responsible for the quality of food served, you can discuss benchmarking;how QRL can use information from rival restaurant to identify ways in which customer experience can be improved, also getting rid of the All You Can Eat offer since customers are complaining, plus changing ingerdients as kitchen staff have complained about poor quality.
I would advise you to evaluate after each point.

thankyou!
would anyone have a essay or plan on amys leadership wether it is appropriate or not / finding it confusing of how i could structure this i always end up contradicting my points
would anyone have a essay or plan on amys leadership wether it is appropriate or not / finding it confusing of how i could structure this i always end up contradicting my points

i guess you should mention what amy is doing is efffective or not for qrl, im not quite sure u have to mention the leadership style :s Anyhow this is what i would do for the question:

Intro:
what amy has done so far e.g shut down of restaurants, new IT system, training schemes etc

objectives:
new corporative objectives set my cenior managers which would be Amy. I would discuss how the objectives set do not have precise time frame or target to measure, and how each restaurant should have specific objectives and the ibjectives should fall under the SMART criteria. This shows there is weak management by Amy.

When Amy became manager 22 restaurants had closed down this would have made qrl finicial situation much better as these restaurants were underperforming however QRL had faced a even worse loss (refer to loss figures)

There has been regular negative customer feedback yet amy or the cenior managers have not acted upon this feedback.

investment in continual learning and development of staff has been cut down, this has demotivated staff at QRL, which amy has not consulted or motivated in anyway. She needs to consult and involve the workforce for future changes to prevent anxiety and labour turnover problems.

At the end i guess you can add in what type of leadership style amy would be, for your evaluation

Original post by zahidl
thankyou!

Your welcome

i guess you should mention what amy is doing is efffective or not for qrl, im not quite sure u have to mention the leadership style :s Anyhow this is what i would do for the question:

Intro:
what amy has done so far e.g shut down of restaurants, new IT system, training schemes etc

objectives:
new corporative objectives set my cenior managers which would be Amy. I would discuss how the objectives set do not have precise time frame or target to measure, and how each restaurant should have specific objectives and the ibjectives should fall under the SMART criteria. This shows there is weak management by Amy.

When Amy became manager 22 restaurants had closed down this would have made qrl finicial situation much better as these restaurants were underperforming however QRL had faced a even worse loss (refer to loss figures)

There has been regular negative customer feedback yet amy or the cenior managers have not acted upon this feedback.

investment in continual learning and development of staff has been cut down, this has demotivated staff at QRL, which amy has not consulted or motivated in anyway. She needs to consult and involve the workforce for future changes to prevent anxiety and labour turnover problems.

At the end i guess you can add in what type of leadership style amy would be, for your evaluation

thanks
Reply 94
how do you do the ARR caclulation again?? and has anyone got the answer?? cheers :smile:
Original post by Stu909
how do you do the ARR caclulation again?? and has anyone got the answer?? cheers :smile:

is this for the marketing campaign and new ovens?
Reply 96
Original post by Stu909

)Average Annual Profit x Initial Investment) x 100

work out the profit by taking the investment off the total revenue, then divide that by the number of years to get the average annual investment

then multiply that by the initial investment and times your answer by 100 to get a percentage
marketing: total net cash flow over 6 years = 870k

profit (total net cash flow-capital outlay) = 270k

average annual profit (profit/ number of years) 270k-6 = 45k

arr = 7.5% ( average profit divide by initial investment multiply by 100) 45k/600k * 100

ovens:total net cash flow over 6 years = £1,700,000
profit (total net cash flow-capital outlay=£700,000
average annual profit (profit/ number of years)=£116,666.66
arr=11.67% (average profit divide by initial investment multiply by 100) 116666.66/1000000*100=11.66% (guess you can round it up)

i think thats rright did from memory LOL :s-smilie:

is this for the marketing campaign and new ovens?
(edited 8 years ago)
Asses possible initiatives qrl could introduce to improve quality of customer experience. Has anyone got any ideas of what you could mention in a question like this :s-smilie: ?????
Asses possible initiatives qrl could introduce to improve quality of customer experience. Has anyone got any ideas of what you could mention in a question like this :s-smilie: ?????

talk about the problems QRL has with it's quality. Then talk about things they can do to counter this i,e, TQM, methods of production, motivating & training the workforce, and other things which help a firm to improve quality. Then you'd link all these to QRL, and bring in facts and quotes from the case study, aswell as linking all of these to their objectives.

I think...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending