The Student Room Group

in2science Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by boyyo
yhh i guess, got physics exam tomorrow and i keep thinking about this

Haha samee but there's no point doing this placement if you can't even get a good grade right? So just focus on revision as hard as it sounds :ahee:
Reply 81
Original post by acelle
Haha samee but there's no point doing this placement if you can't even get a good grade right? So just focus on revision as hard as it sounds :ahee:

lool yhh that is true, both would be good lol
Hi guys I have an upcoming interview. Could anyone tell me how it went and how to prepare?
Reply 83
Original post by Heisenberg___
Hi guys I have an upcoming interview. Could anyone tell me how it went and how to prepare?

Eh? So late?
And it was just a talk about why you want the placement and why the subject interests you (as you should expect to be asked those), there are no questions asking you to work out anything (at least not for me) so just be yourself and know why you enjoy what you enjoy :biggrin:
Good luck~ and it's really hot in there so I advice you to wear something thin and have a jacket so you can take the jacket off :ahee:

Hi me too, I just got the email for Bath Uni. Well done on getting an interview!

I would suggest talking about your interests within the specific area you want to study. Including any extra curricular projects you've been involved in + ask lots of questions.

Just be confident and approachable and I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:
Original post by acelle
Eh? So late?
And it was just a talk about why you want the placement and why the subject interests you (as you should expect to be asked those), there are no questions asking you to work out anything (at least not for me) so just be yourself and know why you enjoy what you enjoy :biggrin:
Good luck~ and it's really hot in there so I advice you to wear something thin and have a jacket so you can take the jacket off :ahee:

I think The Bath/Bristol region have interviews around this time.
London applicants had it a week ago
Any London applicants received emails yet????
Original post by AvocadosConstant
Any London applicants received emails yet????

Nope, been 7 working days :/ They might be busy if thy're still doing interviews so im not gonna stress over it. Patience is a virtue.... i guess
Original post by acelle
Eh? So late?

Haha okay thanks! I presume my interview was given later as your interview was london-based? (Correct me if im wrong!). My placement, if im given one, would be at Bath uni
Original post by gaben
Hi me too, I just got the email for Bath Uni. Well done on getting an interview!

I would suggest talking about your interests within the specific area you want to study. Including any extra curricular projects you've been involved in + ask lots of questions.

Just be confident and approachable and I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:

Awesome thanks!! What have you applied to do?

Electronic Engineering, I've got my interview on Monday 8th :h:

what did you apply to do?
Original post by gaben
Electronic Engineering, I've got my interview on Monday 8th :h:
Ah nice i applied for Electronic Engineering aswell and im based in London so ive done the interview already, If you need any help or advice hit me up lordGaben :biggrin:
Original post by Formless
Ah nice i applied for Electronic Engineering aswell and im based in London so ive done the interview already, If you need any help or advice hit me up lordGaben :biggrin:

Haha! yeah my name's Gabe irl but it was taken so I used gaben instead :colondollar:
That would be really help full though, how did the interview go? what sort of questions did they ask?
Original post by gaben
what did you apply to do?

Chemistry XD.
Original post by gaben
Haha! yeah my name's Gabe irl but it was taken so I used gaben instead :colondollar:
That would be really help full though, how did the interview go? what sort of questions did they ask?

Surprisingly there a lot of ECS (Electronic and Computer Science) Applicants, and the research placement is likely to be non-lab based and more office based. Be confident and feel relaxed trust me it helps you answer questions alot better.

The interview is pretty short 10ish Minute (for me atleast) and they ask you a range of questions from degree and uni choices as well as interests in technology, You might get asked about in2science directly and be prepared to answer questions such as "How will a in2science placement help you" specifying skills. Also be sure to have external areas where you shown an interest in EEE so any summer schools, any extra curriculars, part time work etc. (I built a computer maintained a home network and applied for electronic and compsci based summer schools) If you know some code mention it.

Lastly, try your absolute best to bring the consent form, they ask you this. Handing it in makes you seem more reliable.

Good Luck, Its a 80% acceptance rate if you've made it thus far.
Reply 96
Nope, been 7 working days :/ They might be busy if thy're still doing interviews so im not gonna stress over it. Patience is a virtue.... i guess

yhh same
Surprisingly there a lot of ECS (Electronic and Computer Science) Applicants, and the research placement is likely to be non-lab based and more office based. Be confident and feel relaxed trust me it helps you answer questions alot better.

The interview is pretty short 10ish Minute (for me atleast) and they ask you a range of questions from degree and uni choices as well as interests in technology, You might get asked about in2science directly and be prepared to answer questions such as "How will a in2science placement help you" specifying skills. Also be sure to have external areas where you shown an interest in EEE so any summer schools, any extra curriculars, part time work etc. (I built a computer maintained a home network and applied for electronic and compsci based summer schools) If you know some code mention it.

Lastly, try your absolute best to bring the consent form, they ask you this. Handing it in makes you seem more reliable.

Good Luck, Its a 80% acceptance rate if you've made it thus far.

Yeah that's excellent, thanks allot for your advice! I've been working on a couple of programming projects and PCB design so I can talk about that. It would be great to stay in touch as I'd be interested to hear about what you do on your placement (I'm sure you'll get it).
Original post by gaben
Yeah that's excellent, thanks allot for your advice! I've been working on a couple of programming projects and PCB design so I can talk about that. It would be great to stay in touch as I'd be interested to hear about what you do on your placement (I'm sure you'll get it).

Yeah for sure, keep me updated on how the interview goes
best wishes
Reply 99
Yeah for sure, keep me updated on how the interview goes
best wishes

hey, i applied ages ago but havent got a reply, did anyone mention anything about people who didnt get accepted or anything while you were there

Quick Reply

Latest