The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Is there even an F214 thread?
On the 2013 paper f215 Q3 the option "When I approached the otter enclosure tapping a bucket of food, the otters made rapid squeaking noises and ran to the door to meet me" where the answer is operant learning

so my question i would've thought it would be classical conditioning even though the option isn't there , any one care to explain
(btw I got he correct answer as it was the only one i hadn't picked)

Thanks in advance !
Original post by TheLegalDealer
On the 2013 paper f215 Q3 the option "When I approached the otter enclosure tapping a bucket of food, the otters made rapid squeaking noises and ran to the door to meet me" where the answer is operant learning

so my question i would've thought it would be classical conditioning even though the option isn't there , any one care to explain

Thanks in advance !

reward/punishment? but I havent even started revising for f215:frown:

Thanks in advance !

Thats really vague was it multiple choice? It sounds more like a riddle lol I guess the fact there is food in the bucket gives you a clue.
Original post by BioAgent
Thats really vague was it multiple choice? It sounds more like a riddle lol I guess the fact there is food in the bucket gives you a clue.

Yh , it was the only one I had left so I got it by default :biggrin:
Original post by games211
reward/punishment? but I havent even started revising for f215:frown:

But isn't it similar to the pavlovs dogs experiment ?

Thanks in advance !

I *Think* that our course lumps them both together as operant conditioning

Thanks in advance !

I did that question and also got it as it was the only one left :') the only way i can see it being called operant conditioning is that the otters may have been trained to run to the door and squeak for a treat. But i feel like they made the example a bit vague!
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I *Think* that our course lumps them both together as operant conditioning

This is the first im hearing of this :eek:
This is the first im hearing of this :eek:

same! I thought they are in a sense the same thing but have different traits i.e operent is about success/failure and you only have 1 stimulus whereas conditional is not about S/F and you have two stimuli? LOOOOOOl Im going to get less than 20 marks in f215 I feel it :frown: I need help on everything loool

Why are the questions so 'arty' and weird ..why can't it just be like f214 :frown:
same! I thought they are in a sense the same thing but have different traits i.e operent is about success/failure and you only have 1 stimulus whereas conditional is not about S/F and you have two stimuli? LOOOOOOl Im going to get less than 20 marks in f215 I feel it :frown: I need help on everything loool

Why are the questions so 'arty' and weird ..why can't it just be like f214 :frown:

Ikr , this exam is stressing me out lmao

I thought they were two seperate things as well but we learned operant conditioning is where an animal can be trained to show a behaviour if it is offered a treat whereas classical conditioning is where an animal learns to associate two unrelated stimuli through repeated exposure together?
Do we need to know about respirometers for f214?
Original post by maisie__x
I thought they were two seperate things as well but we learned operant conditioning is where an animal can be trained to show a behaviour if it is offered a treat whereas classical conditioning is where an animal learns to associate two unrelated stimuli through repeated exposure together?

lol what I was meant to say lool sorry :smile:
lol what I was meant to say lool sorry :smile:

Haha i thought maybe thats what you meant, i just got myself confused reading it :tongue:
Original post by HyperIntake
Do we need to know about respirometers for f214?

I don't think is specificcaly states it in the spec but you should've come across it in practicals

I strongly advice you to learn how it generally functions e.g. sodium carbonate in test tube as source of co2 for the aquatic plant , syringe to move the air bubble along the capillary tube and scale to measure the length of the air bubble and how you measure the volume of the bubble etc

I seen this pop in an exam paper a swell as legacy papers , so dont risk not knowing it and just learn it !
I don't think is specificcaly states it in the spec but you should've come across it in practicals

I strongly advice you to learn how it generally functions e.g. sodium carbonate in test tube as source of co2 for the aquatic plant , syringe to move the air bubble along the capillary tube and scale to measure the length of the air bubble and how you measure the volume of the bubble etc

I seen this pop in an exam paper a swell as legacy papers , so dont risk not knowing it and just learn it !

Oh okay thanks :smile:
Original post by maisie__x
What UMS do you have so far?

Got 276 UMS last year and 39/40 in this year's practical :smile:
Original post by AsianBeauty
F215 grade boundaries are pretty low though !!! So still achievable

Posted from TSR Mobile

True haha :smile: F215 is my last exam so it'll be a relief once it's finished!!
Original post by Lighfy
Got 276 UMS last year and 39/40 in this year's practical :smile:

Rahhh did you get full ums?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending