The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 AS Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Yousf
What did you guys say for how promotion helps

I said M&S can do promotioms like free meal vouchers for their food if they spent enough online
Original post by Smeggo
Wasn't too bad to be honest, quite liked it compared to past exams. I exactly like the last question about promotion though, was a bit stuck for a few minutes.

You basically had to talk about how different promotion can increase customers. I talked about sales promotions and merchandising.
Reply 582
Original post by Nath98
I said M&S can do promotioms like free meal vouchers for their food if they spent enough online

Ahh i see, i implied that but vague. What did you say for pricing?
Reply 583
Original post by alex.crichton
You basically had to talk about how different promotion can increase customers. I talked about sales promotions and merchandising.

Holy ****, I completely forgot about that during the exam. I'm a bit annoyed by myself since I knew this topic pretty well, but I didn't even think of that during the exam..
Original post by Yousf
Ahh i see, i implied that but vague. What did you say for pricing?

I talked about two pricing strategies, predatory pricing and competitive pricing, then say why they are good and what they are used for
I hated some of the multiple choice but loved section 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
i said marks and spensers could charge higher prices in store and lower prices online to encourage online sales:colondollar:
I hope they would accept that......
Reply 587
I talked about penetration pricing and psychological pricing for the pricing one
What was the question?

It was something like: asda sold milk that was reduced from £1.18 to £1 so lower than production costs for farmers so why did asda do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles100
It was something like: asda sold milk that was reduced from £1.18 to £1 so lower than production costs for farmers so why did asda do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think there was that type of question..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wtf? I didn't get that question, are you talking about Edexcel Unit 2?
Guys don't forget might be different depending on if you're doing economics and business or just business

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the answer for the last multiple choice where there was farmers and asda? Was it increased market share?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put market share

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wtf? I didn't get that question, are you talking about Edexcel Unit 2?

Ohh! I do unit 2b economics what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

We just done Business Studies on its own lol, no wonder the confusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did unit 2a hahaha
I did unit 2a hahaha

Ahhhh sorry guys on the wrong thread ahhaha no wonder, i was thinking why are all my answers wrong phewwwww

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 597
Overall unit 2A was a very good paper im proud of myself
what was the promotion question? i got B, C, C, D, A, B but probably completely wrong
Reply 599
My exam hall lost it when everyone got to the question about the hotel in Keswick, Cumbria as we go to Keswick School :biggrin: The invigilator were so confused :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending