The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

image.jpg
Original post by Missy1x
The light dependent stage occurs first it's the prodcits of these redactions that are needed for the Calvin cycle such as co2 / atp / reduced nadp
The light dependant stage is split into two reactions
Cyclic phosphorylation
Non cyclic phosphorylation
It does want matter which they way they occur in becusse in both reactions the prodcits with lo towards the Calvin cycle
How the products are used
Atp produced from the the light dependant stage is used to reduce gp to tp
Reduced meaning loss of hydrogen so reduced nad gives up its h+ ions to form just nadp
In terms of big marker questions, what do you think could come up? Like I was thinking things like Photophosphorylation, Selective Reabsorption, Osmoregulation, things about Glucose and maybe the cycles in RRespiration. What do you think? I'm not trying to predict, I just wondered what everyone thought?
how is everyone revising? Are you guys just concentrating on f214 now?
Original post by BioAgent

Memorise the textbook by reading the stuff over and over so you remember complete phrases word for word. Make sure you understand the content tho

Man's just focussing on f215

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10 Windows :)
Memorise the textbook by reading the stuff over and over so you remember complete phrases word for word. Make sure you understand the content tho

Man's just focussing on f215

Posted from TSR Mobile

When are you going to start f214?

I'm concentrating on f214 now. I'm going to do one more past paper, go through my notes again and read over my revision guide and it have a revision workshop to go back over things.
Original post by maisie__x
I'm concentrating on f214 now. I'm going to do one more past paper, go through my notes again and read over my revision guide and it have a revision workshop to go back over things.

Sounds good, I should probably do the same.
When are you going to start f214?

Never again :awesome:

I sat f214 last year and i wont be resitting it. I just need to resit f215. I couldnt handle it last year. Took f212, f215 and f214 and my brain exploded due to too much info lol
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

I sat f214 last year and i wont be resitting it. I just need to resit f215. I couldnt handle it last year. Took f212/f215 and f214 and my brain exploded due too much info lol
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh so are you in uni now?
Oh so are you in uni now?

Nope, gap year cos i messed up my exams. I wouldnt bother resitting a-level units if i were at uni already

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sat f214 last year and i wont be resitting it. I just need to resit f215. I couldnt handle it last year. Took f212, f215 and f214 and my brain exploded due too much info lol
Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you find your f214 paper hard last year? I couldn't have done it to save my life :')
Did you find your f214 paper hard last year? I couldn't have done it to save my life :')

I thought f214 was very good last year. A couple of dodgy and tricky questions but overall nice paper in my opinion

F215 was pretty crap though. Hated it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought f214 was very good last year. A couple of dodgy and tricky questions but overall nice paper in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck again this year then! :smile: I just seem to really struggle with f214 more than I do f215
Good luck again this year then! :smile: I just seem to really struggle with f214 more than I do f215

Oh really? Did F214 for our December mock and I managed to scrape an A. F215 is worth more though so I would rather not struggle with that.

What do you struggle with? Anything that I could help with?
Original post by scottPhillipss
your example of a woodlice is a kineses, as the movement is random an increases upon increased subjection to an unfavorable stimuli (the sun), and i think taxis is specific to animals and that tropisms are specific to plants, although there the same as one another? an example of a taxis is the movement of animals towards chemical signals, some worms display positive chemotaxis

1433415824053-1670287338.jpg
the book disagrees with you
Original post by Nat900
Oh really? Did F214 for our December mock and I managed to scrape an A. F215 is worth more though so I would rather not struggle with that.

What do you struggle with? Anything that I could help with?

Would you mind explaining osmoregulation to me? :smile: apart from that I think it's mainly the suggest questions that stump me
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
1433415824053-1670287338.jpg
the book disagrees with you

My book says woodlice speeding up in response to light is kinesis. We also did that experiment as coursework this year as an example of kinesis :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, im the opposite. In our mocks, I loved last years unit 5 paper whereas I hated unit 4 paper. Another paper like last years unit 5 would be fantastic!
Hi guys, has anyone got any predictions as to what could come up in these 2 exams? Many thanks
Hi guys

Im currently a year 12 student whose just sat their AS biology exams for this exam board. I don't think ive done as well as i could have and think I'll probably end up with a B in biology in a few months. What i wanted to ask is; those of you aiming for A's/ A*'s this year or achieved A's last year how did you revise for biology? What do you think is the best way to revise in order to achieve the higher grades especially as I'm imagining A2 even gets worse in terms of difficulty and content. How many months in advance did you start revision e.c.t . Thankyou , id appreciate any advice. and good luck with your exams !! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest