The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 AS Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Am I the only one who's gone completely brain dead after this exam and can no longer remember the questions???
Reply 601
Anyone got any ideas on the Multi Choice question answers yet?

I got ACCBAB :tongue:
What answer did people put for the flexible working question? I put that it would reduce labour turnover
Original post by Nath98

Surely question 1 was mining which was B?
Original post by Hani1666
What answer did people put for the flexible working question? I put that it would reduce labour turnover

I put that as well! :smile:
Reply 605
Original post by annahale
Surely question 1 was mining which was B?

Did you do unit 2a or 2b? I can't remember the questions, just wrote down my answers
Reply 606
I put that as well! :smile:

Me too :tongue:
Reply 607
Flexible working i just wrote the definition etc
Original post by Nath98

I got the same as you except from I got D in the last question
Reply 609
Original post by alex.crichton
I got the same as you except from I got D in the last question

was that the reasons for the bank closing his overdraft one?
Original post by Nath98
Did you do unit 2a or 2b? I can't remember the questions, just wrote down my answers

business and economics 2b, the question was on structural unemployment
Reply 611
business and economics 2b, the question was on structural unemployment

Ah, phew, i did 2a :wink: Worried me for a second aha
Original post by Hani1666

Same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 613
What did people put for labour costs
I thought the business paper went well, although I won't say anything too good until results day :wink:
Anyway, for those of you doing Unit 2B: Business Economics, I got the following for the multiple choice (in no particular order)
1) Mining
2) Non-price competition
3) Low Labour Turnover
4) Working Longer Hours
5) Fluctuating oil prices
6) Market Share
---------------------------------
I'm hoping these are all correct, in my opinion, the hardest one was the labour turnover one.

I won't post everything I put in section B, but if there are specific parts of it being discussed I would be more than happy to include myself within the discussion.

FOR THOSE OF YOU DOING UNIT 2A: Managing the business (business studies), do not worry. You would of had a different paper.

On another note, WOOOOH, AS exams are finally over.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Khanthebrit
I thought the business paper went well, although I won't say anything too good until results day :wink:
Anyway, for those of you doing Unit 2B: Business Economics, I got the following for the multiple choice (in no particular order)
1) Mining
2) Non-price competition
3) Low Labour Turnover
4) Working Longer Hours
6) Market Share
I'm hoping these are all correct, in my opinion, the hardest one was the labour turnover one in my opinion.

I won't post everything I put in section B, but if there are specific parts of it being discussed I would be more than happy to include myself within the discussion.

FOR THOSE OF YOU DOING UNIT 2A: Managing the business (business studies), do not worry. You would of had a different paper.

I got exactly the same!
1) Mining
2) Non-price competition
3) Low Labour Turnover
4) Working Longer Hours
6) Market Share
I'm hoping these are all correct, in my opinion, the hardest one was the labour turnover one.

I got all same but working longer hours. I got the sell some stock

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Klatie
I got all same but working longer hours. I got the sell some stock

Posted from TSR Mobile

I came to my answer because capacity utilization refers to how much of the possible potential output you are using up. By increasing working hours, staff will produce more per unit of input because they have been given a longer time to work etc.
Why is the discussion for this exam so non-existent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I came to my answer because capacity utilization refers to how much of the possible potential output you are using up. By increasing working hours, staff will produce more per unit of input because they have been given a longer time to work etc.

Under utilisation is when something is lying idle somewhere. Increasing working hours doesn't increase to the yield. By removing some stock they aren't stretching themselves too far (operating at over-utilisation).

The longer hours would also increase the potential maximum so not necessarily increase capacity utilisation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending