The Student Room Group

Physics Unit 2 IAL

Guys how was the paper today? Grade boundaries? Didn't found any thread yet so let's start this.

Scroll to see replies

Thought it went alright. :smile:

Edexcel can be tricky when it comes to wording your answers though, so people may lose marks for not mentioning specific terms even if they had the right idea. :angry:
(edited 8 years ago)
How was the paper? Mine went well :smile:
relatively good probably lost marks in that polarizing question because i forgot to mention something or my wording was good enough
Reply 4
it went ok for me as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
It was ok, for the polarisation question which photograph showed no light being transmitted through both filters?
Grade boundaries are going to be high, I guess.
Reply 7
The Paper was superrr lenghtyyy>.< 21 questions wht were they thinking???:angry: i cudn't manage time .... answered all questions in a hurry :frown::frown::frown: i m gonna lose soo many marks T___T
any1 knows when will the model answers be available ???
Reply 8
Original post by ME ^^

I don't know when they'll be out but I hope they're out soon, I wanna check cause I messed up some of the solutions towards the end.
Reply 9
Found it really good! Really happy about my papers. I'm done with exams woo hoo!

What did you guys get for the resistance? I got 4500 ohms
what did you get resistivity?
Original post by Amit_deb
what did you get resistivity?

Can't remember any exact values, but I converted all the measurements into metres and then found the cross sectional area.

Then used resistance, cross sectional area and length in the formula.
Yes

Original post by AvWOW
Found it really good! Really happy about my papers. I'm done with exams woo hoo!

What did you guys get for the resistance? I got 4500 ohms
Reply 13
Original post by KJalqaz
I don't know when they'll be out but I hope they're out soon, I wanna check cause I messed up some of the solutions towards the end.

me too:frown:
Would I get mark saying when temperature rises electrons are colliding more often with EACH OTHER instead of WITH ATOMS?
What did you write for that little holes question?
Generally its a very good paper, is there any possibility for the boundary to be > 60?
Reply 15
Original post by ME ^^
The Paper was superrr lenghtyyy>.< 21 questions wht were they thinking???:angry: i cudn't manage time .... answered all questions in a hurry :frown::frown::frown: i m gonna lose soo many marks T___T

I freaked out seeing so many questions also
hardly managed to finish it..
the physics and maths tutor will post them in a few days, so ill add the link in this thread
Reply 16
Original post by lappong99
Would I get mark saying when temperature rises electrons are colliding more often with EACH OTHER instead of WITH ATOMS?
Generally its a very good paper, is there any possibility for the boundary to be > 60?

which one? the one about diffraction?
Reply 17
Original post by thymolphthalein
Can't remember any exact values, but I converted all the measurements into metres and then found the cross sectional area.

Then used resistance, cross sectional area and length in the formula.

yea this is the right way.
Reply 18
some ppl, I mean a lot to me, in my hall were saying it didn't go so well
so maybe boundaries will be low
Original post by lappong99

I checked my notes and it's with atoms. But I wrote with each other, oops.

Can't really remember the hole question but I stated what diffraction was and the relevance of the size of the gap and wavelength so that gets me a mark hopefully. Couldn't really relate it to the question though, was running out of time and had bigger questions to finish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending