The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
ive got one today at 2 and tomorrow morning another :frown::frown::frown:

1 tomorrow, 1 on Monday, 1 on Tuesday THEN phya4 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My biggest worry is that I'm really prone to making silly mistakes that I'd otherwise avoid. I drop around 3-5 marks alone on these mistakes or just by not reading the question properly

Also I'd advise getting the written paper out of the way first, because with the questions you either know it or you don't, compared to the multiple choice in which you may need more time to work out possible answers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2462
Is anyone revising AS stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Is anyone revising AS stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really - a huge amount of the synoptic content that comes up in phya4 is on the data sheet, I've yet to come across anything that I couldn't remember so it doesn't seem worth it!
Reply 2464
Original post by Lau14
Not really - a huge amount of the synoptic content that comes up in phya4 is on the data sheet, I've yet to come across anything that I couldn't remember so it doesn't seem worth it!

That's true - there was a question on fundamental nodes the other year though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep getting these ones wrong so if someone could help

Reply 2466
Original post by AR_95
I keep getting these ones wrong so if someone could help

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433427468.727500.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're running out of time remember transformers are quite efficient but not 100% so it's usually the value under 98%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2468
Original post by gcsestuff
If you're running out of time remember transformers are quite efficient but not 100% so it's usually the value under 98%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol yeah you say that then AQA read this and stick an efficiency of 7% in this year's paper :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you get Is = 0.5?
Reply 2470
Original post by AR_95
How did you get Is = 0.5?

It gave values for the current in the question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
It gave values for the current in the question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

****ing hell like I said before I lose easy marks because i dont read the question

I didnt even read the part about 0.5 , just stopped at 0.26
Original post by CD223
Lol yeah you say that then AQA read this and stick an efficiency of 7% in this year's paper :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah someone somewhere will have a need for a inefficient transformer and they will base it on that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2473
Original post by AR_95
****ing hell like I said before I lose easy marks because i dont read the question

I didnt even read the part about 0.5 , just stopped at 0.26

Just let that be a lesson for next week :smile:

Original post by gcsestuff
Yeah someone somewhere will have a need for a inefficient transformer and they will base it on that

Haha, true! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

part 2? Sometimes its the easy questions that get to me
Reply 2475
Original post by AR_95

part 2? Sometimes its the easy questions that get to me

It's a uniform electric field so the potential varies linearly.

[br]E=ΔVΔd=2.0V0.6m[br][br]E = \dfrac{\Delta V}{\Delta d} = \dfrac{2.0V}{0.6m}[br]

[br]E=3.33Vm1 (3 sf)[br][br]\Rightarrow E = 3.33 Vm^{-1}\ \text{(3 sf)}[br]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, can someone please shed some light on Jun14 MC QUESTION 24. Why is the answer A?
Reply 2477
Original post by TALAKHAN
Hi, can someone please shed some light on Jun14 MC QUESTION 24. Why is the answer A?

The general equation for the induced emf is:

[br]ϵ=BANωsin(ωt)[br][br]\displaystyle \epsilon = BAN \omega \sin (\omega t)[br]

Due to the nature of the sinusoidal variation in emf (when sin(ωt)=1\displaystyle \sin (\omega t) = 1), its peak value is:

[br]ϵ0=BANω[br][br]\displaystyle \epsilon_0 = BAN \omega[br]

As ω=2πf\displaystyle \omega = 2 \pi f, and flux linkage is equivalent to =BAN\displaystyle = BAN:

Dividing both sides by omega gives the max flux linkage equal to:

[br]BANMax=ϵ0ω[br][br]\displaystyle BAN_{Max} = \dfrac{\epsilon_0}{\omega}[br]

[br]BANMax=ϵ02πf[br][br]\displaystyle \therefore BAN_{Max} = \dfrac{\epsilon_0}{2 \pi f}[br]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
The general equation for the induced emf is:

[br]ϵ=BANωsin(ωt)[br][br]\displaystyle \epsilon = BAN \omega \sin (\omega t)[br]

Due to the nature of the sinusoidal variation in emf (when sin(ωt)=1\displaystyle \sin (\omega t) = 1), its peak value is:

[br]ϵ0=BANω[br][br]\displaystyle \epsilon_0 = BAN \omega[br]

As ω=2πf\displaystyle \omega = 2 \pi f, and flux linkage is equivalent to =BAN\displaystyle = BAN:

Dividing both sides by omega gives the max flux linkage equal to:

[br]BANMax=ϵ0ω[br][br]\displaystyle BAN_{Max} = \dfrac{\epsilon_0}{\omega}[br]

[br]BANMax=ϵ02πf[br][br]\displaystyle \therefore BAN_{Max} = \dfrac{\epsilon_0}{2 \pi f}[br]

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks
Reply 2479
Original post by MsFahima
thanks

No problem! Good luck for next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending