The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fullup
I haven't heard anything either! I applied for the VS back in 2013 and it took them 2 months to send a rejection :s-smilie:

Two months?! Oh dear! I better stop checking my emails then :s
anyone heard back from mishcon post AC? you know how long it takes?
Has anyone heard back since the phone interviews for Barclays w/ex??
Anybody have any experience of a Watson Farley & Williams AC? I have mine next week and don't really know what to expect any hints would be greatly appreciated?
Reply 5444
Original post by LawBoy 12
Anybody have any experience of a Watson Farley & Williams AC? I have mine next week and don't really know what to expect any hints would be greatly appreciated?

Drop me a message I'll get back to you in the next couple of days x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else attending Shearman Open Day on the 17th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iano101

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am! :smile:
Just got a briefing letter for one of my vac schemes and looks like the amount of 'work' is minimal.

(not complaining..)
Original post by liarpoker
Just got a briefing letter for one of my vac schemes and looks like the amount of 'work' is minimal.

(not complaining..)

Which firm is that for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5449
Original post by iano101

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by camaieu
I am! :smile:

Me too! Have you been to any other Open Days? This is my first one.
Original post by J-SP
Good vac schemers tend to keep themselves busy by finding work to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I didn't mean to come across work-shy. It does not seem structured in a way that you will have much time or need to go searching for work assuming your supervisor gives you the bare minimum to do.

Just noting that out of the ten days, about 5/6 will be dedicated to replicating 'life as a trainees'. (i.e being at your desk for the majority of the 9-5 period...still some disruption to those days.)

With the remaining days, frequent workshops/lunches/negotiation exercises/seminars/group projects just suggested that you wouldn't really be able to get into any real pattern/consistency during the scheme. Quite often, I'll be at my desk for 2 hours, going to a event, rinse and repeat.

I'm assuming that all these events/seminars will all shape the decision making process, so won't see this as an opportunity to relax. I'm guessing things like going to lunch with three partners will be able to have a big swing on proceedings.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by almvp
Quite disappointing... got offered a vac scheme but it clashes with my exams and there are no alternative weeks :/ they did say they will still consider me for a TC..just hope they remain interested!

You could try and convert it into a TC interview - it's unlikely but I know it can be done.

How would you recommend preparing for vac schemes?
Reply 5453
Finally heard back from Barclays inviting me to attend their legal experience week! Anyone know how favourably firms would look upon something like this? It seems like many people that participated in it last year had some success with TCs.
Anyone get invited to the Cooley open day?
Reply 5455
Original post by Horse273
You could try and convert it into a TC interview - it's unlikely but I know it can be done.

They said that they would still consider me for the TC but they did not mention I had a guaranteed interview so we shall see! Thanks for your suggestion!
Original post by Omiclops
anyone heard back from mishcon post AC? you know how long it takes?

Not yet... They said we'd hear back within two weeks, so hopefully we will hear by Wednesday!
Anyone here attended an Eversheds asessment centre? If so any tips? What excercises do they make you do etc?
Original post by kensh
Me too! Have you been to any other Open Days? This is my first one.

Yes :smile: They're very informative. Just treat it as the opportune moment to discover all you can about the firm. Ask lots of questions!
Reply 5459
Hey has anyone done a vacation scheme with Bond Dickinson? Have you got any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending