The Student Room Group

Ocr gateway science b gcse b2,c2,p2

Does anyone have any last minute tips for an A/A*? Much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by b.l
Does anyone have any last minute tips for an A/A*? Much appreciated

Anyone?
I am doing this exam aswell and need some tips. Do you have any idea what I should revise tonight as I have done quite a lot?
Well what I did was all of b2 on Tuesday, all of c2 on Wednesday and all of p2 today. On the morning of the exam I will go through everything and check if I know it all. of you haven't done anything I think you should read though every topic and make notes and tomorrow you should read through everything again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ouatislifex
Well what I did was all of b2 on Tuesday, all of c2 on Wednesday and all of p2 today. On the morning of the exam I will go through everything and check if I know it all. of you haven't done anything I think you should read though every topic and make notes and tomorrow you should read through everything again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by camilledanielsen
I am doing this exam aswell and need some tips. Do you have any idea what I should revise tonight as I have done quite a lot?

Any of you in year 11? I wasn't able to do much due to stress of all the other exams that's why i'm kinda cramming and need to get it all done.. Need a high grade in this one too:K:

How did you find paper 1?
Original post by b.l
Any of you in year 11? I wasn't able to do much due to stress of all the other exams that's why i'm kinda cramming and need to get it all done.. Need a high grade in this one too:K:

How did you find paper 1?

I'm in year 10, I think I have done the right revision as I have basically learnt the whole of the revision guide.

I found paper one ok for biology and chemistry, but the physics really hard adn only managed about three lines in the six mark question as I ran out of time.

If you're not feeling good about the syllabus make sure you do the data question as 10 marks there could move you up a grade for sure.
Reply 6
I'm in year 10, I think I have done the right revision as I have basically learnt the whole of the revision guide.

I found paper one ok for biology and chemistry, but the physics really hard adn only managed about three lines in the six mark question as I ran out of time.

If you're not feeling good about the syllabus make sure you do the data question as 10 marks there could move you up a grade for sure.

That's a good point for sure! I think that was what brought my grade up last year
There was a lot more maths involved wasn't there? I found physics very hard as well-hopefully I pick up marks on the other two sections!
Thank-you for your help :smile:
Original post by b.l
That's a good point for sure! I think that was what brought my grade up last year
There was a lot more maths involved wasn't there? I found physics very hard as well-hopefully I pick up marks on the other two sections!
Thank-you for your help :smile:

Same otherwise I don't think I've done very well :s-smilie:

Are you resitting the exam? & is the data question hard only done about one.
Reply 8
Same otherwise I don't think I've done very well :s-smilie:

Are you resitting the exam? & is the data question hard only done about one.

Paper two can always bring the marks up!:smile:
And yes I am, my coursework let me down and therefore have to now make it up for in my exams and at this rate in paper 2.
What grade is your coursework if you don't mind me asking?
And no not really, they just require a bit of maths and interpreting the data- quite easy to pick up the marks as they don't really involve any scientific knowledege
Original post by b.l
Paper two can always bring the marks up!:smile:
And yes I am, my coursework let me down and therefore have to now make it up for in my exams and at this rate in paper 2.
What grade is your coursework if you don't mind me asking?
And no not really, they just require a bit of maths and interpreting the data- quite easy to pick up the marks as they don't really involve any scientific knowledege

I had an A* in my coursework, only lost two marks. Coursework seems to be my forte as I am not so good at exams.

Just looking at all the past papers, do you have any idea of any of the possible six mark questions?

Thinking maybe electrolysis for chemistry.
Reply 10
I had an A* in my coursework, only lost two marks. Coursework seems to be my forte as I am not so good at exams.

Just looking at all the past papers, do you have any idea of any of the possible six mark questions?

Thinking maybe electrolysis for chemistry.

That's amazing, you don't need to worry! I'm not sure but I'll have a look through some of them and let you know. And yep could be
Original post by b.l
That's amazing, you don't need to worry! I'm not sure but I'll have a look through some of them and let you know. And yep could be

Thankyou! & so will I, they like Eutrophication aswell so might be that.
Reply 12
Thankyou! & so will I, they like Eutrophication aswell so might be that.

Thanks, that has come up before I think but maybe adaptation could be a six marker(it tends to come up often) As they tend to repeat a lot of questions but just have different wording
Original post by b.l
Thanks, that has come up before I think but maybe adaptation could be a six marker(it tends to come up often) As they tend to repeat a lot of questions but just have different wording

Yeah, would that be about variation and adaptations being passed down in genes? Survival of the fittest? That sort of thing?
I'm in year 11 and im also doing additional science this year so a lot of cramming for me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Yeah, would that be about variation and adaptations being passed down in genes? Survival of the fittest? That sort of thing?

Yep, I think a six mark question came up about it last year so it probably won't come up again but it could be in the form of 3/2 marks and also how animals bodies are adapted to live in certain conditions etc
Reply 16
I'm in year 11 and im also doing additional science this year so a lot of cramming for me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

IKR, we have additional science next week as well and oops hardly any revision for that. How prepared do you feel about the exam tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by b.l
Yep, I think a six mark question came up about it last year so it probably won't come up again but it could be in the form of 3/2 marks and also how animals bodies are adapted to live in certain conditions etc

Great I'll just have to see how it goes now I think. Good Luck!
Reply 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you take this exam last year as well? What grade did you get?
Also whats' your coursework at if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 19
Great I'll just have to see how it goes now I think. Good Luck!

Thanks, good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending