The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by veggyem96
Got an email today saying 'We are delighted to inform you that we intend to make you the offer of a post, subject to satisfactory security, health, reference checks and satisfying minimum qualification requirements.'
I have been offered commercial, which was my first choice :smile: does anybody know what the minimum qualification requirements are?

I think the qualification requirements were just GCSEs A*-C grade :smile: congrats by the way!
Original post by Gjones97
Hi there ppl. I just found out that I got accepted to the business apprenticeship. I am very pleased however I really wanted to do the finance apprenticeship... I'm not sure how I should handle this. Any advice? Any suggestions would be appreciated :smile:

Same I'm really unsure ......
They will just send out all offers by tomorrow, and then on the 9th send out more for the positions they are left over with after some offers get declined and then the unsuccessful emails will be sent out, they may send some negative emails out before then but not all. What do you guys think of this idea? But this may not be the same for every centre as the offer acceptance deadline may vary for each. In a way it's evil to keep the lower scoring on hold but it also gives some of them hope! (I'm one of them)
Original post by Anna1201
I have just been offered Business Administration role in London but my first choice was Finance, did anyone else not get their first choice?

I've been offered Business Admin too my first choice was Finance ?
What's with the health check? Is that just to make sure we don't have a psychological problem or something?
I applied for both operational delivery and fast track. I've actually already started my operational delivery apprenticeship this week... but today have just found out I've been successful for Business Admin! Totally confused at what to do, as FInance was my first choice. But obviously, the fast track is a whole grade higher than operational delivery. Do you think I will be able to carry on operational delivery until I can take up the fast track? :s
Original post by Gabdasilva
They will just send out all offers by tomorrow, and then on the 9th send out more for the positions they are left over with after some offers get declined and then the unsuccessful emails will be sent out, they may send some negative emails out before then but not all. What do you guys think of this idea? But this may not be the same for every centre as the offer acceptance deadline may vary for each. In a way it's evil to keep the lower scoring on hold but it also gives some of them hope! (I'm one of them)

That sounds right tbh. I hope I hear something tomorrow aaahhh...
Reply 727
lol, just got an email from Capita, hoping it was position confirmation, as I had successful email before, but it was just a reply to an email I sent them yesterday about that previous documents email... Anyway I sent them every single piece of document they asked for, even though I showed most of it at assessment centre, just in case, with special recorded delivery, so they should be getting it tomorrow, so hopefully I might hear back from them tomorrow or on Monday.

They said I will receive the documents back within 5 days of them receiving them, so I think it will be on Tuesday when I get them back.
Original post by AFellaW
What's with the health check? Is that just to make sure we don't have a psychological problem or something?

That and to ensure you don't have a long term health problem that may affect your ability to do the job, or attend work or anything like that.
Original post by nutterbutter3005
I applied for both operational delivery and fast track. I've actually already started my operational delivery apprenticeship this week... but today have just found out I've been successful for Business Admin! Totally confused at what to do, as FInance was my first choice. But obviously, the fast track is a whole grade higher than operational delivery. Do you think I will be able to carry on operational delivery until I can take up the fast track? :s

I have no idea. But so great you you both! Well done!!
Does anyone know how likely it is that you get a permanent position at the end of it?
Original post by Clear1996
I think the qualification requirements were just GCSEs A*-C grade :smile: congrats by the way!

Ooh good! I've got them :smile: doing my A2s in the next few weeks :smile: thank you!
Anyone heard anything back from Yorkshire
Original post by Abbie121
Someone from mine has heard back and now I'm stressing out haha! :frown:

What date was yours?
Reply 734
Trusted you wise owls and sent off my birth certificate today. I also received another email confirming that I was successful today for Business Admin. Will be waiting to hear my role/location 'in the near future'.
Original post by samorenstein
No I haven't heard anything since. Except getting the info pack on the interview 2 weeks later ha. Don't you wish they told the people who were unsuccessful first, that way we'd know to look elsewhere rather than waiting to the end.

Same here with the pack, was fuming!

Yeah absolutely, they must have had an idea, gonna leave people absolutely stuffed otherwise.

Can't get through on phone and so actually went back to the AC today, pleaded with security and someone came out to talk to me but didn't really know much else, just recommended keep trying!..

Good Luck to you and hopefully we will both hear soon and it's just a case of Capita...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to let people know I have heard back and have been successful from the Glasgow Assesment Centre. Good luck to everyone and hope some of you will be my colleagues
Reply 737
Original post by RyanDavies1
Just to let people know I have heard back and have been successful from the Glasgow Assesment Centre. Good luck to everyone and hope some of you will be my colleagues

Nice, good job. Did you hear back with position and location yet? I am waiting for that.
I've just being given an offer - specific details to follow!

Does anyone know what to expect at in terms of security and health clearance?

Out of curiosity how old is everyone else because I'm 18 and taking my A2's - I was by far the youngest at my assessment centre?!
Original post by Miyata
Nice, good job. Did you hear back with position and location yet? I am waiting for that.

The position is Business Administration Apprentice. I'm not sure where though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending