The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Less losing the will to love, more fearing that I won't make my offer and will look like an absolute fool on results day.

Someone in the year above me missed their offer and all my teachers have been like "don't do a [insert name]!". Will be so awkward if I do :frown:

Does everyone expect you to make the offer too?
Original post by Elcor
Does everyone expect you to make the offer too?

Well you'd have to ask them, but I get the impression they do :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by draculina
Is anyone else losing the will to live

Absolutely.

Finished exams, but I think the wait for results day is worse. At least during exam period, it was in your hands. Now, I just have to hope that the examiners take pity.
Any PBS offer holders?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by draculina
Is anyone else losing the will to live

Absolutely. I feel like I've not done enough work at all and I don't want to wait until August to find out. I would like to hibernate.
OK I've worked out that I've almost guaranteed an A* in Further Maths based on the exams I've done so far.

Now remains the issue of getting an A* in Physics or Chemistry :eek:.
Original post by Elcor
OK I've worked out that I've almost guaranteed an A* in Further Maths based on the exams I've done so far.

Now remains the issue of getting an A* in Physics or Chemistry :eek:.

No fair! Mine haven't even started

I think your best bet is physics in terms of no surprises easy to get with learning
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No fair! Mine haven't even started

I think your best bet is physics in terms of no surprises easy to get with learning

Nah Physics is my worst A Level
Original post by Elcor
Nah Physics is my worst A Level

Really? It's the simplest one in terms of content. And majority is words

G484 is ridiculously easy with content but the questions they ask are ridiculous at times with their answers
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Really? It's the simplest one in terms of content. And majority is words

G484 is ridiculously easy with content but the questions they ask are ridiculous at times with their answers

Physics has more word answers which I pick less marks up on.
I've only done one exam and I already want to puke thinking about results day, lol. Anybody else feeling like theirs have gone badly?
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I've only done one exam and I already want to puke thinking about results day, lol. Anybody else feeling like theirs have gone badly?

Haven't done any yet and already feel like I'm going to miss my offer :frown:

Problem is that last year there was zero expectation, whereas now I'm going through past papers thinking that if I don't get 90% or above I'm screwed.
Reply 2252
Original post by Elcor
Physics has more word answers which I pick less marks up on.

Just memorise the standard answers.
I've had almost half my exams already :biggrin: but they've all been Further Maths which I don't have to do that well in thanks to year 12 me (got one maths exam left and I think I can get zero in it and still get an A* if my calculations are correct)
Biology and Chemistry however are a different story... seems to me AQA just put whatever they want in the biology paper and ask you to randomly predict what's on the markscheme :'( Chemistry's a bit better though :smile:
Original post by alow
Just memorise the standard answers.

That would work if OCR didn't roll a die to decide what the mark scheme will be each year
Reply 2255
Original post by Elcor
That would work if OCR didn't roll a die to decide what the mark scheme will be each year

I managed to do it for OCR.
Original post by alow
I managed to do it for OCR.

And hopefully I will too.

How have your Cambridge exams gone? Are they finished yet?
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Haven't done any yet and already feel like I'm going to miss my offer :frown:

Problem is that last year there was zero expectation, whereas now I'm going through past papers thinking that if I don't get 90% or above I'm screwed.

Haha yeah I know the feel. I've been way less motivated and hard-working this year but there's also more I need to do. Whoops...
Original post by Elcor

We started yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2259
Original post by Elcor

I've only had cells so far, it was alright. I finish on the 10th, at which point I'm aiming to overshoot LD50 for alcohol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending