The Student Room Group

in2science Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Formless
WOOOO!!! Yes mate!, Congrats Bud. I feels so relieved now you have no idea. That was my last exam aswell. Knew you would get it.

What Engineering feild did you apply for, See you on skills day :biggrin:

Congrats to you too!!! :biggrin: I applied for Mechanical Engineering, but the placement sounds good! Better than what my school offered me (a GP) -.-

3 more exams then I am also freeeeee!

See you on skills day!!!
Reply 121
Congrats!
To think that we got shortlisted from 1000 is just overwhelming.

The email said ill shadow engineers in different fields, but looking at their website they look civil heavy. Would've been happier if it was Electronic specific but like you im just happy i got a placement. I think mine will involve shadowing constructions sites aswell

If you don't mind me asking what field in engineering did you apply and where are you doing the placement? Hope to see you on the skills day :biggrin:

I applied to engineering and I think mech eng for the back up option .. doing it with ucl CEGE and hope to see you too :ahee:
Original post by acelle
I applied to engineering and I think mech eng for the back up option .. doing it with ucl CEGE and hope to see you too :ahee:

Ah nice congrats, the entire time i thought id get a placement at a uni (imperial/ucl) so i was suprised. I think they placed all engineers in civil departments xD

Meh we got a placement, i aint complaing :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AvocadosConstant
Congrats to you too!!! :biggrin: I applied for Mechanical Engineering, but the placement sounds good! Better than what my school offered me (a GP) -.-

3 more exams then I am also freeeeee!

See you on skills day!!!

Good luck on your upcoming exams, kill it brah
Good luck on your upcoming exams, kill it brah

Tenks bruhhh:macarena::troll:
Reply 125
I got an interview but didn't get an offer via email or any email, so I'm going to assume I didn't get in
Original post by Hood15
I got an interview but didn't get an offer via email or any email, so I'm going to assume I didn't get in

have you gone to the interview? just see what they say, you might've got an offer. :smile:
Reply 127
Original post by Hood15

thats a bit wierd, but how did they let you know that you had an interview, did they phone you up?
Reply 128
>.< If only the physical skills day wasn't on a school day, already missing another Friday for Bristol open day
Original post by acelle
>.< If only the physical skills day wasn't on a school day, already missing another Friday for Bristol open day

Thats a shame bristol is soo nice especially their chemistry and engineering dept
I did a psychology placement last year and it's helped so much in terms of application etc. UCL are super friendly!
Reply 131
Original post by Maronite
I did a psychology placement last year and it's helped so much in terms of application etc. UCL are super friendly!

Did you meet other people on placements :biggrin:? Or was it just by yourself
Original post by acelle
Did you meet other people on placements :biggrin:? Or was it just by yourself

Two other people but we didn't maintain contact afterwards
My interviews at 11:30 in london :biggrin: why have we been interviewed so late? :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 134
Original post by nobodycarescarla
My interviews at 11:30 in london :biggrin: why have we been interviewed so late? :/

Probably because somebody's rejected their placement :ahee:
Oh they emailed me back, turns out most biology students are interviewed tomorrow 😀 I take back my previous comment I'm so nervous!
Reply 136
did anyone here sign up for physics?? if so did you get an interview or email yet
Original post by nobodycarescarla

My interview is at 11.30 too! See you there! :biggrin:
Reply 138
Original post by boyyo
thats a bit wierd, but how did they let you know that you had an interview, did they phone you up?

they let me know by email😕 i just don't like the fact that they don't email you back, leaving you hanging so you can't make other arrangements
Original post by boyyo
did anyone here sign up for physics?? if so did you get an interview or email yet

i signed up for chemistry, still no email :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest