The Student Room Group

Official Edexcel S3 thread Wednesday 20 May 2015 Morning [6691]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by V0ldemort17
Same - was getting 74s and 75s in timed past papers but hey, life goes on my friend. Onwards and upwards to M2, s2, c3 and c4

Posted from TSR Mobile

My thoughts exactly. Only move forward. Hey at least fp2 was miles easier than this :P
What are realistic boundaries for this paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 862
Original post by Mutleybm1996

Posted from TSR Mobile

It honistly will be hard to tell, as there has not been a similar paper in like the history of S3, hence expect boundaries to be lowered by like 1-6 marks (i hope).

Posted from TSR Mobile

As the other poster said, hard to tell. FP3 last year might be a good model to look at; also not loads of people taking it and also a hard paper. I'd expect the boundaries to not be amazingly dissimilar to that (with the a* probably shifted up a little bit).
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
As the other poster said, hard to tell. FP3 last year might be a good model to look at; also not loads of people taking it and also a hard paper. I'd expect the boundaries to not be amazingly dissimilar to that (with the a* probably shifted up a little bit).

Is there a link to the FP3 page?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
Is there a link to the FP3 page?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can just look up the 2014 grade boundaries. I believe the A* Droped to like 63 from its normal threshold.
I love how I get 45/75 on S3 and 71/75 on M2
Life is full of suprises
Original post by newguy101
I love how I get 45/75 on S3 and 71/75 on M2
Life is full of suprises

same, mechanics is my worst module and i got a higher mark on it than s3 (even tho i thought s3 would be in the high 90's for ums)
Original post by mmms95
same, mechanics is my worst module and i got a higher mark on it than s3 (even tho i thought s3 would be in the high 90's for ums)

What's worse is for an A in further maths, I think i need 95-100 ums in S2... :frown: Gonna be tight
yaa same as part b ..0.181
Would low 50s be enough for 75 ums.
Hi guys, looking back at this thread is like looking at another lifetime. Grade boundaries will be released on 12th August (6 days) and, personally, the S3 grade boundary being very very low is pretty much a dealbreaker for me...

Enjoy the rest of your hols (if you can) before the big day...
Reply 873
Original post by V0ldemort17
Hi guys, looking back at this thread is like looking at another lifetime. Grade boundaries will be released on 12th August (6 days) and, personally, the S3 grade boundary being very very low is pretty much a dealbreaker for me...

Enjoy the rest of your hols (if you can) before the big day...

Same here! I'm not overly confident I've got 90+ in enough modules but aslong there is a significant dip in S3 boundaries to account for that strange part c 5 marker I should have it! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
66 A*, all i know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey does anyone have an S3 book? I have no idea where to find a book :s-smilie:
Original post by skyaviator23
Hey does anyone have an S3 book? I have no idea where to find a book :s-smilie:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Level-Modular-Mathematics-Statistics/dp/043551914X

Weird to think it's been nearly 3 months since results for this exam, let alone the exam itself..
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi was just wondering if anyone knows any good videos to learn S3 from because I'm self teaching this and I'm currently struggling to understand the questions with context :/
The FMSP videos are quite basic, they only show examples they don't explain it indepth.
Original post by AyferBodur
Hi was just wondering if anyone knows any good videos to learn S3 from because I'm self teaching this and I'm currently struggling to understand the questions with context :/
The FMSP videos are quite basic, they only show examples they don't explain it indepth.

I'm not sure there are many good videos...from what I remember examsolutions has a couple but doesn't cover the majority of it yet. Why do you need videos? The textbook is pretty good.
edit: Scratch that on inspection I don't see any lol
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply