The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys, the maths paper (edexcel A linear) has been reported on the news, so do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be low? (Lower than last years?)
Original post by Xiuchen
Guys, the maths paper (edexcel A linear) has been reported on the news, so do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be low? (Lower than last years?)

Really?, link please...
I've just had a look at the Edexcel Maths paper that some of you guys did. I think the probability question you guys got is the hardest I've seen at GCSE :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
I've just had a look at the Edexcel Maths paper that some of you guys did. I think the probability question you guys got is the hardest I've seen at GCSE :tongue:

Oooh, how/where?

I really want to see it - lots of people are talking about it :tongue:
Seems like a lot of people were thrown by the whole "apply your knowledge to this unfamiliar situation" approach.
Original post by Neuth
Oooh, how/where?

I really want to see it - lots of people are talking about it :tongue:
Seems like a lot of people were thrown by the whole "apply your knowledge to this unfamiliar situation" approach.

It was the way the questions were worded too. So many unnecessary words.

This all makes me very glad I chose mechanics and not statistics, no more probability for meeeeee :ahee:

I just hope that Edexcel doesn't troll me with a difficult biology paper today...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Steliata
It was the way the questions were worded too. So many unnecessary words.

This all makes me very glad I chose mechanics and not statistics, no more probability for meeeeee :ahee:

I just hope that Edexcel doesn't troll me with a difficult biology paper today...

Both of my A-Level Biology papers (I'm on Edexcel) were lovely, so don't panic! :smile:
It just seems to be that one GCSE maths paper.
How does n2-n-100=0 have anything to do with how mnay sweets Hannah has?
Original post by StonZach24
How does n2-n-100=0 have anything to do with how mnay sweets Hannah has?

There's a thread here fully explaining it :redface:
Not even that hard of a question tbh. Don't know why it's being reported as if it's some alien question that no one can do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Not even that hard of a question tbh. Don't know why it's being reported as if it's some alien question that no one can do

It's interesting how the paper gets so much coverage, isn't it?
I think some people are overreacting - especially those saying it was A-Level difficulty :giggle:

Definitely a different style of paper, which is what has thrown people.
More applied. Still, certainly answerable!
Original post by Jitesh
Well I did OCR paper 4 today, and lots of people put didferent answers for the last question but got it wrong and I got it right as they used a wrong formula... So it's not always the end!

And in science the same happened... So you could be right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so :frown:
Is anyone doing Sociology next year? I was planning to but I know it's deemed as a soft subject, plus I might be the only person in the class.

I was thinking of switching to R.S but I haven't been enjoying it as much as I used to so I'm still not sure :frown:
:badger:hey guys
impact:withstupid:
Reply 6915
How did everyone find business AQA U2?? I personally think unit 1 was easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
How did everyone find business AQA U2?? I personally think unit 1 was easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I agree, what did you get in your CA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
arrrrrggghhh!!!! this Q was soooooo hard lik how do u evan do dis correct omg lol rofl
Edexcel Biology Unit 2 was soo easy!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Anyone doing biology ocr today... that question about the concentration of cells in a ****ing potato - who wrote that?

Latest