The Student Room Group

AQA Further Maths FP1 June 5th 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mikolv2
No finite limit as it tends to infinity

Got the same. And for the 1mark question, it's an improper integral because the integrand is undefined when x=0 because of the denominator being zero?
Reply 181
Original post by -jordan-
Used the quadratic formula to find the imaginary roots, then one is equal to a^2 -1 and one is equal to b^2 - 1

Ok I did that but as my quadratic was wrong will I get no marks for that?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by a123a
Ok I did that but as my quadratics was wrong will I get no marks for that?

You'll probably get 1 with error carried forward if the method is right.
Got the same. And for the 1mark question, it's an improper integral because the integrand is undefined when x=0 because of the denominator being zero?

Yea, i just said integran undefined at x=0 should be enough for 1 mark
Reply 184
I think I've dropped 10 marks.
Do you guys think an A is achievable?
Can anyone confirm the question about the transformation combination was asking about A and not A^4?
Original post by a123a
I think I've dropped 10 marks.
Do you guys think an A is achievable?

65 will easily be an A on this paper. The A boundary has been around 55 for two years running, on arguably easier papers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Can anyone confirm the question about the transformation combination was asking about A and not A^4?

The one where you had to describe it?
Reply 188
How did you have to solve the quadratic factor question for the complex numbers?
Original post by freddy4321
The one where you had to describe it?

The one with the enlargement and reflection or rotation. Think I did it on A^4, that's 5 marks down the drain :angry:
Reply 190
65 will easily be an A on this paper. The A boundary has been around 55 for two years running, on arguably easier papers.

Ok thank you for your help
Reply 191
The one with the enlargement and reflection or rotation. Think I did it on A^4, that's 5 marks down the drain :angry:

It was based upon B not B^4
Original post by a123a
How did you have to solve the quadratic factor question for the complex numbers?

two roots were (2+i) and (2-i) which are a conjugate pair. I just did the sum and product of theses to get z^2-4z+5=0, then if you times that by (z+4) you get the original cubic

Im pretty sure it was B NOT B^4

I got rotation 45° CW
Enlargment SF 2

I just did it by looking at tranfoatio B^2 and what it did to unit square. Then divided by 2
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 194
Did people get an enlargement of SF 2 and a rotation about the origin 315 anticlockwise for the transformation question?
(edited 8 years ago)

Ahh right unlucky, I got enlargement SF 2 and rotation 45 clockwise?
Reply 196
two roots were (2+i) and (2-i) which are a conjugate pair. I just did the sum and product of theses to get z^2-4z+5=0, then if you times that by (z+4) you get the original cubic

Oh ok. I did the sum and product of the roots, but then crossed it out. Crap.
Reply 197
Ahh right unlucky, I got enlargement SF 2 and rotation 45 clockwise?

Yeah I got that, but an anticlockwise rotation of 315 which is the same thing.
Original post by a123a
Oh ok. I did the sum and product of the roots, but then crossed it out. Crap.

Yeah i didn't have a clue on this, but it was only 2 marks so thought it was the right thing to do and it managed to work out
Reply 199
What did you guys get for B^17?

I got some huge number.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending