The Student Room Group

Business studies unit 2 - 5/6/15

How are people feeling about this exam? It's obviously a lot harder than unit 1, I'm just hoping the paper is in my favour😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoping for the best because science revision yesterday took a lot of my time
Original post by The_Phlox
Hoping for the best because science revision yesterday took a lot of my time

Same!

I think some parts of the exam were okay but others were just like what??

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my opinion, the unit 2 exam was definitely harder than the unit 1, there were a few questions which made me think twice, for example, the net profit question, calculating that was easy, although I thought my calculator was displaying the wrong number! I got 5%?

Other than a few, the questions seemed to of been in my favour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg that was a lot harder than I thought it would be, ran out of time to do the net profit at the end, oops
Original post by Crzylissy
Omg that was a lot harder than I thought it would be, ran out of time to do the net profit at the end, oops

The net profit wasn't at the end, it was the second case study in I believe.. Did you finish all three case studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
The British public's expectations for inflation in the next 12 months rose in May for only the second time in the last 18 months, despite consumer prices falling recently for the first time in decades, a survey showed.Friday's quarterly survey from the Bank of England also showed more Britons expect interest rates to rise in the next year compared with three months ago.The median expectation for inflation in 12 months' time rose to 2.2 percent from 1.9 percent in February, the BoE said.Inflation expectations two years ahead rose to 2.3 percent from 2.1 percent, while they were unchanged at 2.8 percent for five years in the future."Expectations have been on a falling trajectory since 2013 and if this ends up being a turning point then the BoE will feel more comfortable raising rates when the time comes," George Buckley, an economist at Deutsche Bank, said.A similar survey by polling company YouGov for Citi, which was published last week, showed the British public's expectations for inflation in the next 12 months eased back in May to 1.0 percent.BoE policymakers will be heartened that Friday's survey showed no hint that the recent dip in consumer prices -- which the central bank expects to be temporary -- had fed expectations of sustained deflation among members of the public.BoE Governor Mark Carney said last month it was "possible" that British interest rates would be higher in a year's time. In Friday's survey, the net balance of Britons expecting interest rates to rise over the next 12 months rose to +33 in May from +28 in February.However, some 43 percent of respondents thought it would be best for the British economy if interest rates remained at their record low of 0.5 percent -- the biggest proportion since records began in November 1999.Economists polled by Reuters last week showed the BoE is expected to keep interest rates at a record low until at least early next year as inflation remains stubbornly below target.
The survey was conducted between May 8 and May 13 by polling company GfK NOP.
Original post by Alfie_Steers
The net profit wasn't at the end, it was the second case study in I believe.. Did you finish all three case studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the 1st case study then case 3 did the 2nd one last, did everything else apart from net profit question
Bet you guys did amazing..i have a question
for the source of finance question for the production line..i should have put debentures but i put bank loan..so i started and wrote advantages and disadvantages of a bank loan and then in my conclusion i said 'it seems as if the disadvantage weigh out the advantages so therefore i think he should try a debenture instead':/ basically am i allowed to change my argument?????
Could someone to an unofficial mark scheme with some of the possible answers?....PLEASE.
Original post by Alfie_Steers
In my opinion, the unit 2 exam was definitely harder than the unit 1, there were a few questions which made me think twice, for example, the net profit question, calculating that was easy, although I thought my calculator was displaying the wrong number! I got 5%?

Other than a few, the questions seemed to of been in my favour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got 5% too

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the third section, what did people get for the 4 marker- ways to find the best employee (I forgot the exact word they used)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EXAMS//2015
Could someone to an unofficial mark scheme with some of the possible answers?....PLEASE.

Shall we make one together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Panic Queen
Shall we make one together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest