The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baffledchick
Thank you :smile: do these notes cover everything? I've used the textbook for Excretion and Photosynthesis, after that it just seems too long lol

Yeah pretty Much because this is basically just the spec with answers so it's very efficient 😉
Original post by YouAgain
Yeah pretty Much because this is basically just the spec with answers so it's very efficient 😉

Thank you!! I'll memorise them and then do past papers :smile: Just need a B in this but my mocks haven't been going well for this unit, I thought it was pretty simple but..
are there any predictions yet??
:tongue:
Can anyone tell me the function of the Distal convuluted tubule and how to answer a question that asks "outline the sequencing of a genome" because I see people on about BACs which is not stated in my book

Many thanks
Whats an example of a positive feedback? i
Original post by Beni24

releasing oxytocin during childbirth
Original post by lilmizh05
Hey does anyone have the June 2014 paper for F215?

http://www.thebiotutor.com/past-papers3.html

All the recent biology papers +mark schemes:smile:
Reply 1267
Original post by TheLegalDealer
Can anyone tell me the function of the Distal convuluted tubule and how to answer a question that asks "outline the sequencing of a genome" because I see people on about BACs which is not stated in my book

Many thanks

DCT uses active transport to adjust the concentration of the fluid (urine) before entering the collecting duct. This ensures that the fluid in the collecting duct will have a high water potential so deeper into the medulla, there will be a steep water potential gradient so water can be reabsorbed by osmosis.
Someone tell me what topic areas/questions that could be asked on f214
Original post by Student23478
Usually They come up in tix boxes but how the hell do we know what to tick??? I get really confused with Q like that

Do you have an example question like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beni24

Dropping body temp -> Hypothermia too. Oxytocin is safer though.
Original post by AnnekaChan173

Okay thank you, Do you know if they can ask us 7 markers?
Original post by AnnekaChan173

Why does drop in body temp causes further drop in body temp? Surely we'd role off the standard answer about how drop in temp detected by thermoregulartory centre in hypothalamus and then talk about the ways in which body temperature is increased again, hence negative feedback? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beni24
Okay thank you, Do you know if they can ask us 7 markers?

On positive feedback? No, I'd be surprised if we even got a two/three on positive feedback tbh. Easily though for a change in body temperature negative feedback loop.
What is the hardest past paper??
Original post by Beni24

Just to further ease your mind we don't actually need to know an example, just the definition :smile:
Original post by ImogenWillis
What is the hardest past paper??

Both June 2011 and June 2014 you only had to get 40 marks to get an A, the lowest it's ever been so i'd assume they're the ones people found the hardest
How would i answer "outline the sequencing of a genome " i have no clue how to and people are banging on about BACs which ive never heard of , Help me Please !!!!!!
Original post by maisie__x
Both June 2011 and June 2014 you only had to get 40 marks to get an A, the lowest it's ever been so i'd assume they're the ones people found the hardest

Thanks, do you know which papers would be the best ones to look over or do before the exam to prepare??
Original post by TheLegalDealer
How would i answer "outline the sequencing of a genome " i have no clue how to and people are banging on about BACs which ive never heard of , Help me Please !!!!!!

Sequencing the genome involves PCR and Electrophoresis, so as long as you describe and explain these two processes you should get the marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending