The Student Room Group

UK arranges anti-India partnership between Pakistan and Afghanistan

Well we've all known (Indians and Indian-origin that is) how anti-India the UK is, but this takes the cake.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/India-suspects-British-backing-of-Pak-Afghan-intel-cooperation/articleshow/47522070.cms

So even with waning influence and declining defence budgets, the UK still acts against India's interests. Now it's officially out in the open. The UK is pro-Pakistan and anti-India. The UK probably got nervous about India's growing influence in Afghanistan and thus acted along with Pakistan to undermine it.

This is just a one of a long list of anti-India activities the UK has indulged in throughout history. Hopefully with a strong government in India, this cowardly and sneaky act will result in real consequences for relations.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Could easily argue this is just the UK pushing Afghanistan to recognise realities on the ground. Pakistan has a huge hand in much of what goes on in Afghanistan, the state there won't be able to achieve anything without Pakistani help.

Seems to be a lot of they think, they suspect, unnamed sources ect. I don't really see this as the UK trying to create an anti-Indian axis. For one why the hell would they? What would it achieve? India is a natural ally in the region.
Reply 2
Original post by Yawn!
Well we've all known (Indians and Indian-origin that is) how anti-India the UK is, but this takes the cake.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/India-suspects-British-backing-of-Pak-Afghan-intel-cooperation/articleshow/47522070.cms

So even with waning influence and declining defence budgets, the UK still acts against India's interests. Now it's officially out in the open. The UK is pro-Pakistan and anti-India. The UK probably got nervous about India's growing influence in Afghanistan and thus acted along with Pakistan to undermine it.

This is just a one of a long list of anti-India activities the UK has indulged in throughout history. Hopefully with a strong government in India, this cowardly and sneaky act will result in real consequences for relations.

Yet without Britain, there'd be neither India nor Pakistan. And now, how has the UK acted against India at all? 'India suspects' that Britain has played a part in orchestrating Afghan-Pakistani co-operation? Does 'India' for all its supposed interest in Afghanistan not recognise how such co-operation might help in ending the instability and terrorism that has plagued both countries? which is something that benefits all parties.

Unless, of course, India would like to see continued instability in those countries.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Pwyll
Yet without Britain, there'd be neither India nor Pakistan. And now, how has the UK acted against India at all? 'India suspects' that Britain has played a part in orchestrating Afghan-Pakistani co-operation? Does 'India' for all its supposed interest in Afghanistan not recognise how such co-operation might help in ending the instability and terrorism that has plagued both countries? which is something that benefits all parties.

Unless, of course, India would like to see continued instability in those countries.

You've just exposed your immense ignorance of the subject. 'There would be no India without Britain'. Lol. Okay then. :rolleyes: Keep telling yourself that. Try reading up on the history of the subcontinent before you comment. There's a history that stretches back thousands of years before the Brits turned up. And the creation of pakistan.....is nothing to be gloating about.

Co-operation....with Pakistan. A nation that is the epicentre of global terrorism. The nation that sheltered Osama Bin Laden. The nation that has nurtured numerous terrorist groups that have been directed by the pakistani state to execute numerous terrorist attacks on India.....and you think this partnership will bring stability and end terrorism in the region. Lol.

It's interesting that both the head of the Afghan intelligence agency and the former president of Afghanistan have vehemently opposed this 'partnership' and prefer co-operation with India. A nation that has not cultivated terrorism or instability in the region and has invested billions into Afghanistan's recovery.

Yet the UK has tried to forge an agreement between them that is clearly aimed at limiting India's increasing influence in Afghanistan, and giving an edge to Pakistan to ferment anti-Indian sentiment in the region. Thus it is anti-India.

And as for India wanting to see instability in the region....are you serious? Yeah, that will help with economic growth and development. I guess that's why Modi invited all the South Asian leaders (including Pakistan's) to his inauguration, why India launched a satellite to serve not only India but all South Asian nations, and has put an emphasis on visiting South Asian nations, inking trade agreements and agreeing to land swaps and sea mining rights to neighbours....because India wants instability in the region......:rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Good, India is a joke. 'The World's Largest Democracy' which revolves around Hindu brahmanical fundamentalism, persecuting and oppressing Christians, Sikhs and Muslims. The prime minister himself is a former member of the RSS, a hindu fascist organisation.
Reply 5
While OP is clearly anti UK I don't think the UK would be that stupid. India is a good country and a future superpower while Afghanistan and Pakistan are awful and horrid failed states so I highly doubt its anti India.

Indeed, since independence it has always been India who has acted like they don't like us.
Reply 6
Original post by Giroud12
Good, India is a joke. 'The World's Largest Democracy' which revolves around Hindu brahmanical fundamentalism, persecuting and oppressing Christians, Sikhs and Muslims. The prime minister himself is a former member of the RSS, a hindu fascist organisation.

Lol. It's clear where you're coming from given your emphasis on 'Hindu'.

And I'm not a Hindu, and I 100% support Modi....as do many others including Christians, Sikhs and Muslims, it's why he got elected.

Oh, and I love the RSS. Long live the RSS!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Rakas21
While OP is clearly anti UK I don't think the UK would be that stupid. India is a good country and a future superpower while Afghanistan and Pakistan are awful and horrid failed states so I highly doubt its anti India.

Indeed, since independence it has always been India who has acted like they don't like us.

Lol, so because I criticise the anti-India activities of the UK, that makes me anti-UK does it? Fine with me. I won't lose any sleep over it.

I'm not going to keep my mouth shut if I see blatant anti-India activities. Even if it's the UK behind it.

And last time I checked, India wasn't forging alliances to harm the UK's interests. Nor has India's media launched a consistent anti-UK campaign to demonise Britain or the British people in front of the entire world. Nor has the average Indian middle-class citizen indulged in ignorant, ill-informed rants against the UK. The hate is entirely one-way. Maybe Indians have had enough.

Rant all you want. There's going to be consequences down the line. Thank God India has a strong leadership for the next 15-20 years.
Perhaps a little off topic... But Pakistan allied with the US and west during the cold war right?, and India kept good relations with the soviet union? Would that explain UK's more pro-Pakistsn stance on this matter? Given good past relations?

(I'm might just be talking out my ass here)
Reply 9
Original post by cake_lover
Perhaps a little off topic... But Pakistan allied with the US and west during the cold war right?, and India kept good relations with the soviet union? Would that explain UK's more pro-Pakistsn stance on this matter? Given good past relations?

True for the most part. But India never officially allied with the Soviet Union. India chose a non-aligned stance for the most part. Indeed this is where the term 'Third World' originates.

During the Cold War the 'First World' was US/NATO and allies. The 'Second World' was Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact and allies. The 'Third World' was unaligned.

That said, back then the Soviet Union was a good friend to India....the US/West was not. During the India-Pak war of 1971 due to Pakistan committing genocide in Bangladesh, US pressured India not to get involved. India did so anyway, so the US sent a carrier group into the Indian ocean during the war to 'intimidate' India...It did not work and India ultimately won the war. Later it was revealed that the Soviet Union had sent a naval force into the Indian ocean to engage the US carrier group if it attacked India, potentially starting a war with the US in the process. Thus the Soviet Union proved itself a friend to India...and the US did not. Subsequently India leaned closer to the Soviets which led to an estrangement from the West.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by cake_lover

It is not really that simple. Pakistan was all over the place during the Cold War. To put it simply Pakistan has always looked for allies to counter India, be it the US in the past or China now. The US has often allied with Pakistan because it suits its short term interests and then drops Pakistan when it no longer has any use for it.

India was non-aligned during the Cold War and made much of being neutral ,of not picking either side. This has continued to today, to put it bluntly India looks out for itself foremost and wants to keep freedom of action so avoids joining one group or the other. This has irritated the US but never enough for them to do much about it. The best way to get a feel for how the US views both regions is the reactions to their respective nuclear programs.

I don't really think the UK is pro Pakistan. They have made a judgment that on the ground in Afghanistan they need Pakistan. So they have formed this alleged agreement. All in all India is a natural ally, I can't ever see the UK doing much to harm relations.
Original post by Yawn!
Lol. It's clear where you're coming from given your emphasis on 'Hindu'.

And I'm not a Hindu, and I 100% support Modi....as do many others including Christians, Sikhs and Muslims, it's why he got elected.

Oh, and I love the RSS. Long live the RSS!

Spoiler

Wow, muslims supporting Modi, the butcher of the 2002 gurujat riots, thousands of innocent Muslims killed and slaughtered. Sikhs, have no choice, they are stuck between Modi, a hindutva fanatic, and the Congress, who butchered thousands of sikhs in 1984. No justice has been served. Christians, since Modi has been elected, have had their churches burnt down and nuns raped. And the RSS, are usually the first ones to help these atrocities occur. India, the most oppressive 'democracy' worldwide.
Best of luck to the lot of them, including the middle east.
Reply 13
Wow, muslims supporting Modi, the butcher of the 2002 gurujat riots, thousands of innocent Muslims killed and slaughtered. Sikhs, have no choice, they are stuck between Modi, a hindutva fanatic, and the Congress, who butchered thousands of sikhs in 1984. No justice has been served. Christians, since Modi has been elected, have had their churches burnt down and nuns raped. And the RSS, are usually the first ones to help these atrocities occur. India, the most oppressive 'democracy' worldwide.

Your surprise is because of your ignorance. Not one, not two, but THREE Supreme Court 'Special Investigation Teams' overseen by the CONGRESS PARTY, found Modi innocent of any wrongdoing in 2002 Riots. In fact the failure to stem the riots was found to be due to the delay in releasing troops from neighbouring (congress-ruled) states for more than 24 hours AFTER THE GUJARAT GOVERNMENT REQUESTED THEM.

You blame Modi because you are simple-minded and do not want to hear the facts. Also, don't forget that the riots started because Muslims burned down a train filled with Hindu women and children returning from a pilgrimage. Muslims were hardly innocent victims in the whole affair. Both Hindus and Muslims were responsible for their own actions.

Sikhs could vote SAD. Many voted BJP because BJP are focused on India's economy and development. Something that benefits everyone. Oh, and history has recorded that many RSS members including Atal Bihari Vajpayee no less, played a role in protecting Sikhs against Congress rioters.

As for the violence against Christians, go do some research. MUSLIMS are attacking Christians, not just Hindu right-wingers.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/india-muslim-vandalises-church-as-christian-love-interest-spurns-his-attention/comment-page-1/

And it was MUSLIMS (including Bangladeshis) that were arrested for raping nuns.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Bengal-nun-gangrape-Ludhiana-cops-detain-four-Bangladeshis/articleshow/46765997.cms

So suck on that, with your Hindu-bashing.
Original post by Yawn!
Your surprise is because of your ignorance. Not one, not two, but THREE Supreme Court 'Special Investigation Teams' overseen by the CONGRESS PARTY, found Modi innocent of any wrongdoing. in 2002 Riots. In fact the failure to stem the riots was found to be due to the delay in releasing troops from neighbouring (congress-ruled) states for more than 24 hours AFTER THE GUJARAT GOVERNMENT REQUESTED THEM.

You blame Modi because you are simple-minded and do not want to hear the facts. Also, don't forget that the riots started because Muslims burned down a train filled with Hindu women and children returning from a pilgrimage. Muslims were hardly innocent victims in the whole affair. Both Hindus and Muslims were responsible for their own actions.

Sikhs could vote SAD. Many voted BJP because BJP are focused on India's economy and development. Something that benefits everyone. Oh, and history has recorded that many RSS members including Atal Bihari Vajpayee no less, played a role in protecting Sikhs against Congress rioters.

As for the violence against Christians, go do some research. MUSLIMS are attacking Christians, not just Hindu right-wingers.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/india-muslim-vandalises-church-as-christian-love-interest-spurns-his-attention/comment-page-1/

And it was MUSLIMS (including Bangladeshis) that were arrested for raping nuns.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Bengal-nun-gangrape-Ludhiana-cops-detain-four-Bangladeshis/articleshow/46765997.cms

So suck on that, with your Hindu-bashing.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that thousands of innocent muslim women and children should pay for one isolated act of terrorism? This was a state sponsored attack, just like in 1984, where congress leaders distributed tyres and kerosene to burn sikhs alive, and they handed out electoral information to mobs to physically hunt out each sikh in Delhi. You cannot argue that India is a democracy, when the government's hands are soaked in blood. Even now, where's the justice? Only a small, handful of hindus were prosecuted, murderers walking free on the streets of India. I think you're the ignorant one. The fact the Indian judicial system cleared Modi means nothing, it's just like a bunch of criminals helping the next bunch. The whole system is flawed. Free Khalistan, Free Kashmir.
Reply 15
Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that thousands of innocent muslim women and children should pay for one isolated act of terrorism? This was a state sponsored attack, just like in 1984, where congress leaders distributed tyres and kerosene to burn sikhs alive, and they handed out electoral information to mobs to physically hunt out each sikh in Delhi. You cannot argue that India is a democracy, when the government's hands are soaked in blood. Even now, where's the justice? Only a small, handful of hindus were prosecuted, murderers walking free on the streets of India. I think you're the ignorant one. The fact the Indian judicial system cleared Modi means nothing, it's just like a bunch of criminals helping the next bunch. The whole system is flawed. Free Khalistan, Free Kashmir.

I'm a Sikh....and I'm pretty much done with you as soon as I heard those words. You're a backward-minded, simpleton who would destroy Sikhs and Punjab if given a chance. You clearly have no idea how the world works and are stuck in a brainwashed, quasi-terrorist mindset.

Oh, and 'Thousands of Muslims did not die in Gujarat'. You run your mouth off without any knowledge or doing any research. Gujarat was a clash between idiotic Hindus and idiotic Muslims. It was a failure for ALL Indians that day.

And as for 1984 everyone with a brain, knows that it was a Congress planned genocide of the Sikhs. They got the voter lists to find Sikh households, organised their party workers, and drove them to the neighbourhoods to slaughter Sikhs. The CONGRESS PARTY and the NEHRU-GANDHI DYNASTY are responsible for 1984. Why blame all of India? Why blame all Hindus. Did Hindus in Tamil Nadu or Karnataka attack Sikhs? Why blame RSS (many of whom protected Sikhs - Read Khushwant Singh's writings)? Most of all why blame Modi? What did he do to Sikhs?

The Indian judicial system is a joke for the most part. It's not only Sikhs who have suffered. What has it done for Kashmiri Pandits? What did it do to the boy who shoved a metal rod into a woman during a gang rape...only three years. What did it do to Salman Khan who ran over a poor guy and killed him....let him off. Of course the Indian judicial system is a joke. But why act as though only Sikhs have suffered from it? It is not a religious thing. It is a governance issue.

You want Khalistan? You want a small landlocked nation between India and Pakistan? An isolated backwater that will be filled with poor Sikhs who will watch on wistfully as India rises to superpower status, and will be lucky if it isn't annexed by Pakistan within 15 years. You're an idiot.

Tell you what, oh, brave Khalistani, go liberate Punjab from Pakistan and take back all the lands that belonged to the Sikh Empire from Afghanistan to Kashmir. Then people like me might take you seriously. Otherwise you're just a bunch of morons who will take Sikhs back to the stone age while the rest of India moves on.

NONE of the Sikhs I know (and I know many) support Khalistan. Grow up and get with the times.
Reply 16
yeah.
Original post by Yawn!
I'm a Sikh....and I'm pretty much done with you as soon as I heard those words. You're a backward-minded, simpleton who would destroy Sikhs and Punjab if given a chance. You clearly have no idea how the world works and are stuck in a brainwashed, quasi-terrorist mindset.

Oh, and 'Thousands of Muslims did not die in Gujarat'. You run your mouth off without any knowledge or doing any research. Gujarat was a clash between idiotic Hindus and idiotic Muslims. It was a failure for ALL Indians that day.

And as for 1984 everyone with a brain, knows that it was a Congress planned genocide of the Sikhs. They got the voter lists to find Sikh households, organised their party workers, and drove them to the neighbourhoods to slaughter Sikhs. The CONGRESS PARTY and the NEHRU-GANDHI DYNASTY are responsible for 1984. Why blame all of India? Why blame all Hindus. Did Hindus in Tamil Nadu or Karnataka attack Sikhs? Why blame RSS (many of whom protected Sikhs - Read Khushwant Singh's writings)? Most of all why blame Modi? What did he do to Sikhs?

The Indian judicial system is a joke for the most part. It's not only Sikhs who have suffered. What has it done for Kashmiri Pandits? What did it do to the boy who shoved a metal rod into a woman during a gang rape...only three years. What did it do to Salman Khan who ran over a poor guy and killed him....let him off. Of course the Indian judicial system is a joke. But why act as though only Sikhs have suffered from it? It is not a religious thing. It is a governance issue.

You want Khalistan? You want a small landlocked nation between India and Pakistan? An isolated backwater that will be filled with poor Sikhs who will watch on wistfully as India rises to superpower status, and will be lucky if it isn't annexed by Pakistan within 15 years. You're an idiot.

Tell you what, oh, brave Khalistani, go liberate Punjab from Pakistan and take back all the lands that belonged to the Sikh Empire from Afghanistan to Kashmir. Then people like me might take you seriously. Otherwise you're just a bunch of morons who will take Sikhs back to the stone age while the rest of India moves on.

NONE of the Sikhs I know (and I know many) support Khalistan. Grow up and get with the times.

Wow, you've never met a sikh that supports khalistan, not sure which world you live in. It's sikhs like you that want to dissolve into hinduism, in the Indian constitution, sikhs are listed as hindus, is that we have become? After 1984 and the failure of the government, it's almost impossible to stay in India. The government are importing drugs through punjab, getting our youth hooked on drugs, 70% of the youth in punjab are addicts, it's at an all time low. I don't blame hindus, I blame the government. Which is why independance and freedom is necessary. Khalistan support is regrowing, it has become such an issue in the last year that the UN have discussed it in great detail at recent meetings, so what 'get with the time' are you talking about?
Reply 18
Wow, you've never met a sikh that supports khalistan, not sure which world you live in. It's sikhs like you that want to dissolve into hinduism, in the Indian constitution, sikhs are listed as hindus, is that we have become? After 1984 and the failure of the government, it's almost impossible to stay in India. The government are importing drugs through punjab, getting our youth hooked on drugs, 70% of the youth in punjab are addicts, it's at an all time low. I don't blame hindus, I blame the government. Which is why independance and freedom is necessary. Khalistan support is regrowing, it has become such an issue in the last year that the UN have discussed it in great detail at recent meetings, so what 'get with the time' are you talking about?

I met one. He talked for a while with me and a few friends then changed his mind. You think I want to dissolve Sikhism into Hinduism? Of course not. As for the constitution and other definitions, sometimes 'Hindu' is used to describe Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists...in other words, the indigenous religions of India, to separate them from Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc. There is no attempt to absorb Sikhism into Hindusim, lol. And if there were, I would be there along with everyone else to stand against it. I don't see the RSS trying to absorb Buddhists, lol.

As we've already established, 1984 was not a governmental issue, it was a political vendetta by the Congress Party. Why is it impossible to stay in India when the Congress got pummeled in the last election lol. 30 years of nothing from mostly Congress governments. In first year of government, Modi-BJP government did this.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sit-set-up-for-re-investigation-into-1984-anti-sikh-riots-739158

As for the drugs issue, it has been a devastation on Punjab. But are you serious about the Indian government importing drugs? Read these

http://www.tehelka.com/breaking-bad-drug-problem-in-punjab/#.VXG1BqZvt2c

http://www.southasianpost.com/article/6138-punjab-minister-linked-indo-canadian-drug-trade.html

SIKHS are importing these drugs with help from Pakistanis. the SAD (party of the Sikhs) is knee-deep in corruption and the drugs trade along with Congress allies. The only forces that are trying to stop it, are the BSF, the IB, the MEA....in other words....INDIAN GOVERNMENT/MILITARY AGENCIES.

Seriously, read that first article. It's easy to blame India, Hindus, The 'Government', but the harsh truth is that SIKHS have destroyed themselves and their state through drugs. You think Khalistan will solve the issue? It would make it 10 times worse. Sikhs demanded the partition of HP and Haryana because they didn't want to live with others, how did that turn out? Punjab is 1/3rd the size it should be with the lose of influence that goes with it. Who's decision? SIKHS!

Face it, Sikhs are not what they used to be. Corruption, selfishness and idiotic mindsets have replaced honour, courage and wisdom in many Sikhs today. Khalistan would only allow such individuals to destroy what is left. It would be the final end of Sikhs. We would become like the Tibetans. You can keep dreaming of nonsense, or you can open your eyes and focus on the real problems.
Original post by Yawn!
I met one. He talked for a while with me and a few friends then changed his mind. You think I want to dissolve Sikhism into Hinduism? Of course not. As for the constitution and other definitions, sometimes 'Hindu' is used to describe Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists...in other words, the indigenous religions of India, to separate them from Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc. There is no attempt to absorb Sikhism into Hindusim, lol. And if there were, I would be there along with everyone else to stand against it. I don't see the RSS trying to absorb Buddhists, lol.

As we've already established, 1984 was not a governmental issue, it was a political vendetta by the Congress Party. Why is it impossible to stay in India when the Congress got pummeled in the last election lol. 30 years of nothing from mostly Congress governments. In first year of government, Modi-BJP government did this.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sit-set-up-for-re-investigation-into-1984-anti-sikh-riots-739158

As for the drugs issue, it has been a devastation on Punjab. But are you serious about the Indian government importing drugs? Read these

http://www.tehelka.com/breaking-bad-drug-problem-in-punjab/#.VXG1BqZvt2c

http://www.southasianpost.com/article/6138-punjab-minister-linked-indo-canadian-drug-trade.html

SIKHS are importing these drugs with help from Pakistanis. the SAD (party of the Sikhs) is knee-deep in corruption and the drugs trade along with Congress allies. The only forces that are trying to stop it, are the BSF, the IB, the MEA....in other words....INDIAN GOVERNMENT/MILITARY AGENCIES.

Seriously, read that first article. It's easy to blame India, Hindus, The 'Government', but the harsh truth is that SIKHS have destroyed themselves and their state through drugs. You think Khalistan will solve the issue? It would make it 10 times worse. Sikhs demanded the partition of HP and Haryana because they didn't want to live with others, how did that turn out? Punjab is 1/3rd the size it should be with the lose of influence that goes with it. Who's decision? SIKHS!

Face it, Sikhs are not what they used to be. Corruption, selfishness and idiotic mindsets have replaced honour, courage and wisdom in many Sikhs today. Khalistan would only allow such individuals to destroy what is left. It would be the final end of Sikhs. We would become like the Tibetans. You can keep dreaming of nonsense, or you can open your eyes and focus on the real problems.

I think it's unfair for you to say that. There are many great Sikhs and warriors of the khalsa panth out there. Jagtar Singh Hawara, Sarbjit Singh Rajaona. I don't see corruption in people like Ravi Singh of Khalsa Aid, or Jagraj Singh of basics of sikhi. There is corruption in all communities. Through Khalistan, I feel we are indeed facing the true problems, the problems of those poor sikh prisoners who have served there time, and not been released. Or those police offers ripping posters up of Sant Bhindrawale yesterday, killing an unarmed sikh youth protester. This is the reality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending