The Student Room Group

AQA Further Maths FP1 June 5th 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know what happens if you forget to write in the question part in the box for one of the questions?
Original post by a123a
I'm confident in saying the answer was 2+11i

wait which question is this for
Original post by minibren
Anyone know what happens if you forget to write in the question part in the box for one of the questions?

Nothing usually. The examiners will be able to work it out, might not even notice it, having it there just makes it easier.
Reply 303
Original post by claudia_19
wait which question is this for

3a
Original post by C0balt
Anyone remember the question for the sum to 60 thing?
It was something times log8(4) but can't remember the something

I think the something was r(2r+3) not sure though
Amendments have been made to the unofficial mark scheme, which is now here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56620729

Posted from TSR Mobile
For 3bii. and biii How did you find the quadratic and therefore the value? This was the only question I didn't know how to do.
What do you reckon the grade boundary for an A will be? It was 55 last year but most seem to think this paper was harder
Reply 308
Original post by student0042
For 3bii. and biii How did you find the quadratic and therefore the value? This was the only question I didn't know how to do.

The quadratic factor is (z- (root 1))(z - (root 2)) using the two roots you've been given.
Original post by mohammedhz
I think the something was r(2r+3) not sure though

Cool I wanted to reattempt to see where I made an error
on the matrix question, B^17, i left my answer as a decimal (92681.9) for all the entries, do you think ill get marks for this or did it have to be in surd form?
Original post by mertyuiop
on the matrix question, B^17, i left my answer as a decimal (92681.9) for all the entries, do you think ill get marks for this or did it have to be in surd form?

I did exactly the same thing
I found it okay, some lovely questions in it even if that does make me a massive geek! Made some stupid careless errors like saying that r=1/2 in the log question but hopefully got follow through marks :/ hoping for high 90s-100 UMS
Reply 313
Original post by SallyElizabeth1
I found it okay, some lovely questions in it even if that does make me a massive geek! Made some stupid careless errors like saying that r=1/2 in the log question but hopefully got follow through marks :/ hoping for high 90s-100 UMS

Yeah I found it a nice paper overall! I can see how it's harder than previous years - I would expect low grade boundaries - but not a bad exam fortunately :smile:
Original post by SallyElizabeth1

Original post by Lau14
Yeah I found it a nice paper overall! I can see how it's harder than previous years - I would expect low grade boundaries - but not a bad exam fortunately :smile:

I'd have enjoyed that paper IF it wasn't my actual exam.
Anyone remember how many marks that Newton Raphson was?
Reply 316
Original post by C0balt
Anyone remember how many marks that Newton Raphson was?

It's down in the unofficial markscheme as 3 which sounds right to me
Original post by Lau14
It's down in the unofficial markscheme as 3 which sounds right to me

how many marks do you think i get for finding f(40) and f'(40) but getting the final answer wrong due to having first x approximation as 1 (I know, don't know what happened to my brain)
Reply 318
Original post by C0balt
how many marks do you think i get for finding f(40) and f'(40) but getting the final answer wrong due to having first x approximation as 1 (I know, don't know what happened to my brain)

There's usually a method mark for finding f'(x), so at least one, obviously no more than two as the final answer is incorrect, but otherwise I'm not sure what they'd do!
How many marks do you think it'll be for 100 UMS? It was 69 last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending