The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

PgDip Adult Nursing Middlesex Uni

Please can someone who has been offered a conditional place at the above course tell me if there is/was a time limit to meet the conditions of the offer?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Blue-Shoes
Please can someone who has been offered a conditional place at the above course tell me if there is/was a time limit to meet the conditions of the offer?

Thanks

Hey, I've been offered the conditional offer and I have scanned and emailed the bits they wanted, but will now photocopy and send in hard copies. Need to get started on the DBS and I have made the initial application to the Bursary people. I spoke to the lovely head of the course and she said they the APEL must be in by end of July so I'm assuming that everything should be finalised by then. It's no harm to do have it done before June certainly. Have you heard anything about our yearly schedule?
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by pollyabu
Hey, I've been offered the conditional offer and I have scanned and emailed the bits they wanted, but will now photocopy and send in hard copies. Need to get started on the DBS and I have made the initial application to the Bursary people. I spoke to the lovely head of the course and she said they the APEL must be in by end of July so I'm assuming that everything should be finalised by then. It's no harm to do have it done before June certainly. Have you heard anything about our yearly schedule?

Hey Pollyabu,

By any chance did you go to UUJ? Im for the adult nursing pg dip at Middlesex myself, looking forward to it!
Reply 3
Original post by macgiolla89
Hey Pollyabu,

By any chance did you go to UUJ? Im for the adult nursing pg dip at Middlesex myself, looking forward to it!

Hello there :smile: Lovely to hear from a fellow MDXer :smile: First degree in Business Management from LSBU, what is yours? How is your APEL going? I printed the requirements out and occasionally pick them up, groan a little and hide it for another few days. I think the first set of outcomes may be ok, but the last two???? Sheesh! Are you local to the Uni? I'm lucky, I only live one train stop away, that's going to make life a lot easier in September (if I pass this ruddy APEL).
Hello there :smile: Lovely to hear from a fellow MDXer :smile: First degree in Business Management from LSBU, what is yours? How is your APEL going? I printed the requirements out and occasionally pick them up, groan a little and hide it for another few days. I think the first set of outcomes may be ok, but the last two???? Sheesh! Are you local to the Uni? I'm lucky, I only live one train stop away, that's going to make life a lot easier in September (if I pass this ruddy APEL).

Ah quite similar to myself then! Graduated from UUJ in Ireland in Human Resource Management back in 2012, so representing the mature students and the murses! Moving over in August! Have my pre-induction booked for 27th June when is yours? Yeah ive sort of started the APEL, trying to get the brain working again lol
Reply 5
Ah quite similar to myself then! Graduated from UUJ in Ireland in Human Resource Management back in 2012, so representing the mature students and the murses! Moving over in August! Have my pre-induction booked for 27th June when is yours? Yeah ive sort of started the APEL, trying to get the brain working again lol

Hahaha it's amazing how slow you get after even just a year away from the grind. 12 months of Netflix and Chat magazine from the waiting room at work has crippled me. I looked at an old research thing I want to put in the portfolio and I couldn't believe I had written it! I don't think I have a date yet for the pre induction yet, I'd say they give them to the students that have to travel first. We should maybe think about starting a Facebook group or something, see if we can get a look at who we're going to be with for the next two years :wink: Also, if anyone needs help with the APEL (ahem…me).
Hahaha it's amazing how slow you get after even just a year away from the grind. 12 months of Netflix and Chat magazine from the waiting room at work has crippled me. I looked at an old research thing I want to put in the portfolio and I couldn't believe I had written it! I don't think I have a date yet for the pre induction yet, I'd say they give them to the students that have to travel first. We should maybe think about starting a Facebook group or something, see if we can get a look at who we're going to be with for the next two years :wink: Also, if anyone needs help with the APEL (ahem…me).

Ah cool that's a great idea! Be good to get to know people :smile: I'm sure everyone will be finding it a bit daunting at first! Especially if the interviews were anything to go by lol 😱
Reply 7
Just heard that I got my bursary today :smile: Full steam ahead woohoo!!!! Now just for that pesky APEL :/
Reply 8
Ah cool that's a great idea! Be good to get to know people :smile: I'm sure everyone will be finding it a bit daunting at first! Especially if the interviews were anything to go by lol 😱

Hey hun, what time is the pre induction on Saturday? They told me to come in but didn't give me a time :/
Hey hun, what time is the pre induction on Saturday? They told me to come in but didn't give me a time :/

It starts at 9:30am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

Didn't you get an email about it?? Here's the timetable:
Your Programme for the Day:09.30 - Registration10.00 - Welcome to your PGDip Nursing Pre-Induction Day10.15 - What to expect during your course10.45 - Managing Your Finances at University: How to Prepare11.30 - Comfort Break12.00 - Group Work on Time Management12.45 - Lunch: Explore the campus, have a bit to eat or speak to admissions staff - don't forget to bring documents relating to DBS, if you haven't provided these already13.30 - PGDip Nursing: Fact or Fantasy?14.15 - Meet your Programme Leader and a student from your chosen fieldWe look forward to seeing you at your Pre-Induction day.​​​​​​​​​
I went to the APEL day last week and a couple of us told Tina that we didn't have a pre-induction day, so we put an asterix by our names and Tina said she would get back to us, I just assumed we would be in with you guys Saturday, however, I've still heard nothing back so I really don't know what to do. I thin I'd find it hard to get childcare now so I'll see what happens when I get an email. How is your APEL going? I've done the first two modules, well still have to do 2:7, it's not as terrifying as I thought, did most of it in one night. Hope yours is going well.
Well I mean I don't think this pre-induction is mandatory, think it's more just to prepare u a bit - so I wouldn't stress out too much of u can't make it! Havnt even put pen to paper yet, but I need to get my ass in gear next week lol
Well I mean I don't think this pre-induction is mandatory, think it's more just to prepare u a bit - so I wouldn't stress out too much of u can't make it! Havnt even put pen to paper yet, but I need to get my ass in gear next week lol

You'll be fine :smile: The hardest bit is keeping the word count down on the first two, it's not as strenuous as I first thought. Awww such a pity, I was looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the class tomorrow :/

How did it go today, gutted I wasn't able to go in the end, what did I miss? Loads I bet, hope you're enjoying your weekend in London :smile:
How did it go today, gutted I wasn't able to go in the end, what did I miss? Loads I bet, hope you're enjoying your weekend in London :smile:

Hey! It went very well! Don't worry it wasn't mandatory lol not everyone was there. Just really ran us through what we could expect during the course and talked about finances and stuff! Bit of APEL advice too! Everyone seems very friendly and supportive!
Awww that sounds lovely, have they said anything about when we start our placements yet, have to plan my exit strategy from work. I'm hoping I can stay on part time until Xmas.
hey guys missed the first APEL day so annoying , anyone that has started if you could help me i would be very grateful this question :::: onan incident related to working in a team that influenced your decision to be anurse.
really not sure what to put as it wasn't a team that influenced me lol ? any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance guys !!

and am doing mental health PDGIP , So looking forward to seeing u guys in september am really late still haven't sent evidence for my bursary lol

Quick Reply

Latest