The Student Room Group

How did you find this year's FP1 (EDEXCEL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
the chart shows a "normal" distribution

We could say that it is a little bit skewed.
Reply 101
Original post by Vesniep
We could say that it is a little bit skewed.

NO SKEW!

All surveys here are slightly to moderately positively skewed, so we have to allow for that ...
Reply 102
poll is now closed (good number of responses)
I will save this and compare with the actual boundaries in a few weeks time
Original post by TeeEm
poll is now closed (good number of responses)
I will save this and compare with the actual boundaries in a few weeks time

Have you done this in previous years? Students' predictions are higher or less than the actual boundaries
Reply 104
Original post by Vesniep
Have you done this in previous years? Students' predictions are higher or less than the actual boundaries

first time I am afraid, so it will not be much use to the students this year, but I hope it will be of some use for students in the future.
Original post by TeeEm
first time I am afraid, so it will not be much use to the students this year, but I hope it will be of some use for students in the future.

Glad you do this to help students!
Reply 106
Original post by Vesniep
Glad you do this to help students!

I am fully retiring in 3 weeks so I will have plenty of time to fill ...
Original post by TeeEm
I am fully retiring in 3 weeks so I will have plenty of time to fill ...

You should have made an M4 and S1 poll.....Did you?
Reply 108
Original post by Vesniep
You should have made an M4 and S1 poll.....Did you?

not enough people do m4
Original post by TeeEm
NO SKEW!

All surveys here are slightly to moderately positively skewed, so we have to allow for that ...

I don't suppose you're a D1 fan are you?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3383041

Forget it, sorted it now, I can't count
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Hi

I am doing maths and further maths
C1 C2 S1 M1 FP1 and D1

However I have done really well in C1 and C2 but not so well in FP1. My school told me that whichever applied module I do better in goes towards my mathematics grade but it would suit me better if it went towards my Further Mathematics grade since then I could get an A in both courses rather than an A and a B. So how does it work??? Does it happen automatically that my best exam gets put forward for further maths? Or do I get to choose??

Thanks so much

Original post by weider215

Hi

I am doing maths and further maths
C1 C2 S1 M1 FP1 and D1

However I have done really well in C1 and C2 but not so well in FP1. My school told me that whichever applied module I do better in goes towards my mathematics grade but it would suit me better if it went towards my Further Mathematics grade since then I could get an A in both courses rather than an A and a B. So how does it work??? Does it happen automatically that my best exam gets put forward for further maths? Or do I get to choose??

Thanks so much

Usually, the exam board does what they can do give you the strongest maths grade, then use the best of whats leftover to create your fm. But it really doesn't matter, my friend managed to go from A*B to A*A by switching around a few modules between the two, if you can see that by switching around modules you'll increase both grades, so be it, you'll get the grade. The modules must match though, for example, you cant have C1C2C3C4 M3D2, they'd have to go in order.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending