The Student Room Group

OCR A2 psychology, applied options exam

Hey :smile:
just wondering if anyone has any tips for question B's in the A2 OCR psychology exam applied options. Also, I'm really behind on my revision for this exam, so does anyone know if since you get to choose the 2 essay questions, you can learn only 3 categories? for example; knowing Turning to crime, Making a case and Reaching a verdict without learning After a guilty verdict?
Original post by sec123
just wondering if anyone has any tips for question B's in the A2 OCR psychology exam applied options. Also, I'm really behind on my revision for this exam, so does anyone know if since you get to choose the 2 essay questions, you can learn only 3 categories? for example; knowing Turning to crime, Making a case and Reaching a verdict without learning After a guilty verdict?

Yep definitely. If you read the spec, you only need to know 3 categories. I wasn't taught after a guilty verdict
Original post by sec123

My college has done 6 different topics and two years ago we could only answer 2 of the questions, it might be safe to try and learn the last category even if its brief :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by hollsy123
My college has done 6 different topics and two years ago we could only answer 2 of the questions, it might be safe to try and learn the last category even if its brief :smile:

Ahh Im going to try, I'll read over them all just make sure :smile: which 6 topics was it you did?
Reply 4
Original post by cherryred90s
Yep definitely. If you read the spec, you only need to know 3 categories. I wasn't taught after a guilty verdict

Thank you :smile: I just didn't realise how long it would take for me to be able to remember just 1 section!
Original post by sec123
Ahh Im going to try, I'll read over them all just make sure :smile: which 6 topics was it you did?

Well we had 6 booklets- stress, dysfunctional behaviour, disorders, turning to crime, reaching a guilty verdict and after a guilty verdict? x
Reply 6
Original post by hollsy123
Well we had 6 booklets- stress, dysfunctional behaviour, disorders, turning to crime, reaching a guilty verdict and after a guilty verdict? x

Oh yeah :smile: we got taught all 8 but I'm only revising 6 for the exam, since I need time to go over how to answer question B's a bit better by tomorrow x

Quick Reply

Latest