The Student Room Group

How did you Biology exam go? GCSE AQA Unit 1

I found that this exam didn't have much biology in it, instead there was quite a lot of data analyzing. Overall it went 'ok'.
I did so so bad
I think i did way better in my mocks than this like i cannot analyse data for the life of me and pretty much half the paper was about drugs -my worst subject
i wanted more defence against disease and i really wanted homeostasis for the six marker!! I messed the plant hormones one up and don't even get me started on the percentage one!!

yeah I am not happy Biology is usually my strongest subject :\
Reply 2
Do you remember any of the questions?
Original post by ghw_x
Do you remember any of the questions?

some of them but it all just felt like a blur why?
Reply 4
Original post by I need starbucks
some of them but it all just felt like a blur why?

I've been trying to remember some of the questions to look them up to see if I got them right😫
Original post by ghw_x
I've been trying to remember some of the questions to look them up to see if I got them right😫

oh emm they might not be exact but heres some i can sorta remember :smile:
-name a disease that thalomide is used to treat now
-what is a pathogen
-something like what can doctors do to prevent resitant bacteria developing
-how conditions effect growth of plants (it said include plant hormones)
- ssomethinf along the lines of advantage of angler fish having lures
-what can steroids be used for
what is a balanced diet
-how do statins reduce cholesterol
-what temperature uncontammined culture is grown in in industries and the advantage og this
-why body temperature needs to be controlled
-what oestrogen does
-apart from side effects why are drugs tested

ermm yeah thats all i can remember and something about how a sea wrack or something with air things helps it grow??
Reply 6
Original post by I need starbucks
oh emm they might not be exact but heres some i can sorta remember :smile:
-name a disease that thalomide is used to treat now
-what is a pathogen
-something like what can doctors do to prevent resitant bacteria developing
-how conditions effect growth of plants (it said include plant hormones)
- ssomethinf along the lines of advantage of angler fish having lures
-what can steroids be used for
what is a balanced diet
-how do statins reduce cholesterol
-what temperature uncontammined culture is grown in in industries and the advantage og this
-why body temperature needs to be controlled
-what oestrogen does
-apart from side effects why are drugs tested

ermm yeah thats all i can remember and something about how a sea wrack or something with air things helps it grow??
thank you!!
Original post by ghw_x
thank you!!

you're welcome :smile:
i found this paper so hard worst thing ever was amount of data etc but whats was the anser to the industrial cultures temp it was 25 40 or 100! it doesnt give a temp in the text book or on google that i can see just says a higher temp! x
FOUNDATION PAPER WAS EASY :biggrin: poor higher paper people :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So many graph questions though? Was looking to find more questions on homeostasis and decay and the carbon cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by louise_b28
i found this paper so hard worst thing ever was amount of data etc but whats was the anser to the industrial cultures temp it was 25 40 or 100! it doesnt give a temp in the text book or on google that i can see just says a higher temp! x

40 because 37 is the optimum temperature for bacteria to reproduce (food tech student here :wink:)
Original post by JesseW182
So many graph questions though? Was looking to find more questions on homeostasis and decay and the carbon cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah same here i really wish homeostasis was on it a lot more like i know that off by heart and i find it more like what i would think of as biology
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending