The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aloudgirl24
Yep I agree, what did you get in your CA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought unit 1 was easier too i got 34/40 on my ca you?
Reply 6921
Original post by frostyy
Anyone doing biology ocr today... that question about the concentration of cells in a ****ing potato - who wrote that?

what did you get for the answer??? I had no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagmister
I thought unit 1 was easier too i got 34/40 on my ca you?

Woah,I got 34 as well. What grade is that.
Woah,I got 34 as well. What grade is that.

My teacher said he's not allowed to give grades because they haven't been made certain but he said at least an A :smile:
In my gcses im aiming for 4 Bs 3 As and 4A*s do you think that is good?
Original post by skoolkid4493
In my gcses im aiming for 4 Bs 3 As and 4A*s do you think that is good?

Very! :h:
My teacher said he's not allowed to give grades because they haven't been made certain but he said at least an A :smile:

My teacher didn't tell me the grades in case they changed but I'm happy that it is an A at least. What do you think you got in Business overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher didn't tell me the grades in case they changed but I'm happy that it is an A at least. What do you think you got in Business overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully A/A* how a about you?
Reply 6928
Yep I agree, what did you get in your CA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I got 36/40 but I dunno what grade that is. I'm hoping for an a* so hopefully I have done well in both. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have an idea as to what will come up for question 1 on the American West paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully A/A* how a about you?

I want an A at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted all A/A*s and now I'm just like "Mate, I'll take a C in that" xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
I think I got 36/40 but I dunno what grade that is. I'm hoping for an a* so hopefully I have done well in both. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 34/40 and I would like an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
You had to write about how the cell wall is made from cellulose which we can't digest so when you cook it, you rupture the cell wall and the starch grains swell and spread meaning it's softer and digestible.
gcses have actually gone really quickly.....

Or is it just me?
Original post by ImagineCats
I still think I'm not smart enough for biomed though, let alone chemistry a level....
I'm predicted like 3 A's, 5 B's and the rest C's. I didn't work too hard in year 10, only for things like coursework and actual exams that meant something. I'm predicted a B in English, yet all my coursework has been A-A* because I worked my butt off. The C's are in maths and RE, but somehow I moved up a set this year. In year 9 I was in the foundation set, so I got the C benchmark, then moved up in year 10 and now I'm moving up again :biggrin:
Yeaaaah I know, but I'll see if I can get enough experience. I have some contacts, and I'll work on developing those :smile:

I got
Chem:A*
BIO:A*
PHY:A*
ICT:A-
Eng LIT:B+
ENG LANG:A
MATHS:8A EQUIV TO A/A*
GEO:7B/7A EQUIV TO A/A*
These are my results so far and im only in year 9
Original post by josh123123
I got
Chem:A*
BIO:A*
PHY:A*
ICT:A-
Eng LIT:B+
ENG LANG:A
MATHS:8A EQUIV TO A/A*
GEO:7B/7A EQUIV TO A/A*
These are my results so far and im only in year 9

8a and 7b aren't equivalent to an A / A* all it is that is means if you continue to work at that level you will be getting A*s though
Original post by saahil0987
8a and 7b aren't equivalent to an A / A* all it is that is means if you continue to work at that level you will be getting A*s though

Yeah I agree
There were people at like level 6 then getting a/a* and people who had level 8s getting Bs now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Word of advice for year 11s.

Whatever you plan on doing, plan something else.

I regularly advise y11s on a level options and it's horrible to see people set on medicine, law etc who just are not capable.

Latest