The Student Room Group

Aqa unit 3 sociology: Beliefs in society

Predictions for AQA Unit 3 Sociology: Beliefs in Society? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think for the 33 markers , there is a chance secularisation and ideology and science may come up , does anyone know how likely religious organisations e.g sects are likely to come up?
Reply 2
pvn
OP
Original post by T1997
I think for the 33 markers , there is a chance secularisation and ideology and science may come up , does anyone know how likely religious organisations e.g sects are likely to come up?

Thank you so much, that's what my teacher predicted too. And I think if religious organisations did come up it will probably be a 9 marker, and those are pretty straight forward! Secularization was a 9 marker last year, do you still think it will come up this year? I HOPE SO! Its the easiest topic :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by pvn
Thank you so much, that's what my teacher predicted too. And I think if religious organisations did come up it will probably be a 9 marker, and those are pretty straight forward! Secularization was a 9 marker last year, do you still think it will come up this year? I HOPE SO! Its the easiest topic :frown:

No problem. I hope so because I struggle the most with that and ideology and science . Honestly I have a feeling that it could come up as one of the 33 markers as I have been hearing. Apparently theories could come up too , just to let you know Marxism and feminism have already come up as theories recently. if I had the choice between secularisation and ideology and science , I would probably choose secularisation.:smile:
Reply 4
pvn
OP
Original post by T1997
No problem. I hope so because I struggle the most with that and ideology and science . Honestly I have a feeling that it could come up as one of the 33 markers as I have been hearing. Apparently theories could come up too , just to let you know Marxism and feminism have already come up as theories recently. if I had the choice between secularisation and ideology and science , I would probably choose secularisation.:smile:

I don't even know what theorists to use if Ideology and Science came up!
Reply 5
Original post by pvn
I don't even know what theorists to use if Ideology and Science came up!

same , just hoping secularisation comes up , do you think Ideology and Science could come up as an 18 marker instead? :frown:
Reply 6
pvn
OP
Original post by T1997
same , just hoping secularisation comes up , do you think Ideology and Science could come up as an 18 marker instead? :frown:

Aaah it most probably will, I'll probably cry in the exam room if it does :smile:)))
Reply 7
Original post by pvn
Aaah it most probably will, I'll probably cry in the exam room if it does :smile:)))

I seriously need to revise that topic. It's just soooo difficult , :frown:
BTW I think sects already has come up for a 9 marker recently
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
really hope we get nice questions this year!
Reply 9
pvn
OP
Original post by kikess_
really hope we get nice questions this year!

I hope so but highly doubt it! All the exams i've had so far have been so difficult compared to all the past papers I have done! But lets hope the grade boundaries will be lowered :smile:
Reply 10
Does anyone think if globalisation will come up again ?
Reply 11
Can anyone help me answer this question please for beliefs? Or help with a structure/ plan ?
"Using material from item A and elsewhere examine the view that cults and sects have taken the place of established churches as the most important religious spiritual movement in society today"(June 2010)
And "using material from item a and elsewhere assess the view that whilst the Church of England is declining other religious and spiritual movements are flourishing"
Really struggling to structure these two essays..so if anyone has any advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by maria865
Does anyone think if globalisation will come up again ?

I don't really know, but I guess it won't be too bad compared to others
I have seen on others post that people have predicted it ,but I am not 100% sure.
Functionalism hasn't appeared since 2012...
Reply 14
Original post by jakepro94

Honestly I wouldn't mind if it came up again, but I think it's unlikely to come up again . I swear all the good topics have already been up. it sucks I know.

I think out of all of the functionalism is the easiest so I'm praying you're right!

I'm more worried and crime and theory rather than beliefs though.
Original post by withlove
I think out of all of the functionalism is the easiest so I'm praying you're right!

I'm more worried and crime and theory rather than beliefs though.

Really? I find Marxism and Feminism A LOT easier. The functionalist approach is complex and long.
Really? I find Marxism and Feminism A LOT easier. The functionalist approach is complex and long.

you can make a functionalist essay so much more interesting to read than a generic marxist/feminist one in my opinion, i think it's good there's a lot to write about!
Reply 18
Original post by T1997

If we recieved an 18/33 on science and ideology the names to talk about are popper and Kuhn and they talk about science as a belief system etc and how science is a closed belief system as they don't accept new ideas but stick to their traditional paradigms I don't know so much about the ideology part though
Reply 19
Original post by Shaena
If we recieved an 18/33 on science and ideology the names to talk about are popper and Kuhn and they talk about science as a belief system etc and how science is a closed belief system as they don't accept new ideas but stick to their traditional paradigms I don't know so much about the ideology part though

Thank you for the help I now have a much better understanding . As you mentioned popper and Kuhn I know that they are key names and I know the basics like what is a closed and open belief system , the velikovsky affair , falsification etc. I However have no idea what a paradigm is and what paradigm shift is.Is it something to to do with the original beliefs system about science e.g 'world is flat'? I think I would be okay if it was an 18 marker not a 33.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending