The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MM2B Mechanics 2 - Monday 22nd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by saeed97
Hopefully :smile: and you?

Again, hope to! Computer Science at Bath hopefully. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Again, hope to! Computer Science at Bath hopefully. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats pretty cool. Im a Mechanical engineering hopeful at eitheir the University of Birmingham or University of Warwick. Havent decided yet
Reply 222
Original post by saeed97
Thats pretty cool. Im a Mechanical engineering hopeful at eitheir the University of Birmingham or University of Warwick. Havent decided yet

Oh nice! I'm confused as to how you haven't decided? Hasn't the deadline passed?:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh nice! I'm confused as to how you haven't decided? Hasn't the deadline passed?:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive made birmingham my first choice and warwick my insurance choice but im not sure which i prefer but most likely i will be at birmingham.
Reply 224
Original post by saeed97
Ive made birmingham my first choice and warwick my insurance choice but im not sure which i prefer but most likely i will be at birmingham.

That makes sense! Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That makes sense! Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same to you mate. All the best.
Reply 226
Original post by saeed97
Same to you mate. All the best.

Did you do C3? How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Did you do C3? How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did pretty well apart from the modulus question and the graph part. Most of it was straight forward but i ran out of time before i could simplify question 7 to the form they wanted.
Reply 228
Original post by saeed97
I did pretty well apart from the modulus question and the graph part. Most of it was straight forward but i ran out of time before i could simplify question 7 to the form they wanted.

I see! Still 90+ UMS I think.

M2 is really low on the list of priorities rn haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I see! Still 90+ UMS I think.

M2 is really low on the list of priorities rn haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true haha. I'll start revising for it when my penultimate exam is over. 4 days of pure M2 revision. I know all the module its just brushing up on the silly errors i keep making especially on the energy transfer questions.
Reply 230
Original post by saeed97
Very true haha. I'll start revising for it when my penultimate exam is over. 4 days of pure M2 revision. I know all the module its just brushing up on the silly errors i keep making especially on the energy transfer questions.

Sensible! How will you prepare for C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Sensible! How will you prepare for C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Past papers i guess and if i dont understand something i guess the internet is my place to go. My teacher is dreadful. All we have done for the past 3 months is past papers in class
Reply 232
Original post by saeed97
Past papers i guess and if i dont understand something i guess the internet is my place to go. My teacher is dreadful. All we have done for the past 3 months is past papers in class

Me too! Although I found that useful because we got regular feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Me too! Although I found that useful because we got regular feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We didnt lol. Our teacher just sits on his laptop and pops up every 15 minutes to put up a new question on the projector.
Reply 234
Original post by saeed97
We didnt lol. Our teacher just sits on his laptop and pops up every 15 minutes to put up a new question on the projector.

Okay that's not useful!!
Core 4 revision starts again today - had a day off yesterday haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Okay that's not useful!!
Core 4 revision starts again today - had a day off yesterday haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. Ive got 4 exams this coming week. Im gonna revise mostly core 4 and physics. M1 and business studies exam are easy so im not gonna bother for them.
Reply 236
Original post by saeed97
Me too. Ive got 4 exams this coming week. Im gonna revise mostly core 4 and physics. M1 and business studies exam are easy so im not gonna bother for them.

Makes sense! I'm prioritising core 4 and history as that's Monday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Makes sense! I'm prioritising core 4 and history as that's Monday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck :smile:
Reply 238
When proving that a given quantity involving trig and equal i and j components, (displacement, velocity, acceleration, force etc) is constant, should we just prove that we're squaring each component of the quantity, it produces the identity sin^2x + cos^2x = 1, meaning a common factor can be taken out and therefore when square rooted the answer is constant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 239
Original post by CD223
When proving that a given quantity involving trig and equal i and j components, (displacement, velocity, acceleration, force etc) is constant, should we just prove that we're squaring each component of the quantity, it produces the identity sin^2x + cos^2x = 1, meaning a common factor can be taken out and therefore when square rooted the answer is constant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you usually just find the modulus of the vector but be careful to show all the steps in your working I think?

Quick Reply

Latest