The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 Exam (9th June) [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Feel free to post your revision techniques, queries, worries or anything really that relates to the C1 exam.

This thread is primarily for Year 11's doing the Chemistry GCSE or Year 10/11's doing Core Science

Here the OFFICIAL AQA Specification they are not allowed to ask anything in the paper which is not provided within the specification below.
https://gate4.smallpdf.com/download/...ae265c3157.pdf

Let everyone download that link or put it at the top of your thread I made and it's really useful it's from AQA but I deleted the unnecessary pages. Also this link here for revision it's also AQA.http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/aqa/ Good Luck and as the 2014 paper and marking scheme:

Question paper: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...P-QP-JUN14.PDF
Marking Schemce: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JUN14.PDF

(Thanks to mahmoud786)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello :biggrin: any ideas what the 6 marker will be on?
Reply 2
Original post by JaseyRae
Hello :biggrin: any ideas what the 6 marker will be on?

Probably way out but I think it'll be about the early atmosphere and how life was formed or something similar
Original post by saahil0987
Probably way out but I think it'll be about the early atmosphere and how life was formed or something similar

I hate that topic! Ahha thank you!
need help revising for GCSE AQA core science ,,, anyone online to revise ? , pm me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Sciencebuddy12
Have you done the B1 2015 AQA GCSE paper?

No one has yet I'd hope
Original post by Sciencebuddy12
Have you done the B1 2015 AQA GCSE paper?

No ,
If any of you are doing C1 and done B1 i would recommend to revise maths and additional science - and do not even look at the spec of C1
Reply 8
Original post by ScrewTheExams
If any of you are doing C1 and done B1 i would recommend to revise maths and additional science - and do not even look at the spec of C1

Aha lool it wasn't too too bad tbf
So scared! Does anyone know the electrode thing about negative attracting to positive? I always get confused with that and I've read over my revision guide and still don't understand it.

Thanks a lot :smile:
Lucy
Original post by Lucyylulu
So scared! Does anyone know the electrode thing about negative attracting to positive? I always get confused with that and I've read over my revision guide and still don't understand it.

Lucy

Hey :smile: PM me I'll help you out! X
What main topics should i learn

Man, I wished I had reps left! >.<
My father is a examiner for GCSEs in the aqa exam board and he has copies of all the aqa papers at home. Lol I was looking at them they are pretty damn hard.
Original post by Harryffc
My father is a examiner for GCSEs in the aqa exam board and he has copies of all the aqa papers at home. Lol I was looking at them they are pretty damn hard.

Can i see the c1 aqa paper unless your B.Sing
Reply 15
haven't even started revising yet. going to revise all weekend and Monday. am I screwed already or do I have enough time..?
Original post by Lucyylulu

Positive ions go to to the negative electrode and negative ions to the positive electrode, look at your data sheet to see if the ions are positive or negative
Original post by Harryffc

Compared to last years, how harder?

What are the topics that show up / do not show up?
are there a lot of graph interpretation questions
Reply 19
Compared to last years, how harder?

What are the topics that show up / do not show up?

It's bs, the papers are not sent to the examination room till the morning of the exam, and they are kept and stored in an Aqa warehouse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending