The Student Room Group

Anyone doing WJEC Catering GCSE on Monday 8th June?

What do you think will come up on this years paper?

Scroll to see replies

Not sure. Does it contain hospitality as well because every mock that ive done, ive failed, i find them really difficult. How many marks do you need to get for a C. Im really bad at all this. Good luck
Im doing it on Friday! Tell me what comes up!!
Original post by gemmaward
Not sure. Does it contain hospitality as well because every mock that ive done, ive failed, i find them really difficult. How many marks do you need to get for a C. Im really bad at all this. Good luck

Yes it does. You have to learn everything or you won't be able to get a good grade- I know mostly dependent on memory. On the long mark answers explain your points and write as many points as possible approximately 1 point per mark for each question.
Hello, have done a couple of catering mocks and I have got A* in them both with about 60 marks out of 80, you only need around 30 for a C! Just revise your word meanings and develop questions like food appearance and how ICT works in the kitchen usually the 8 markers! If you put as many points in as possible you are easily likely to achieve a C as its simple when you get the hang of it!
Original post by parrot16
What do you think will come up on this years paper?

Eggs have come up the past few years so I reckon fish or cheese
Original post by Alishavernon
Eggs have come up the past few years so I reckon fish or cheese

Or meat
Original post by Alishavernon
Hello, have done a couple of catering mocks and I have got A* in them both with about 60 marks out of 80, you only need around 30 for a C! Just revise your word meanings and develop questions like food appearance and how ICT works in the kitchen usually the 8 markers! If you put as many points in as possible you are easily likely to achieve a C as its simple when you get the hang of it!

Its mostly about memory skills isn't it and then putting it on paper.
I always seem to misinterpret the question and give a very detailed answer, but just not what the mark scheme wants so get quite bad grades in it....:/
Original post by parrot16
Yes it does. You have to learn everything or you won't be able to get a good grade- I know mostly dependent on memory. On the long mark answers explain your points and write as many points as possible approximately 1 point per mark for each question.

thank you
I didn't revise for any of my mocks the paper is mostly common sense but do revise, I managed to get a b whey!! And another b and my coursework is an a/b!! I see it as one of those lessons I don't see as relevant but I would prefer to pass it so all my results correlate and look good :smile:
Original post by abbieayinde
I didn't revise for any of my mocks the paper is mostly common sense but do revise, I managed to get a b whey!! And another b and my coursework is an a/b!! I see it as one of those lessons I don't see as relevant but I would prefer to pass it so all my results correlate and look good :smile:

Basically the same here, except that without revising i got the highest grade in the year (B).... so not sure what that says about the teaching at my school....:confused::confused:
Original post by Marco Pollo
Basically the same here, except that without revising i got the highest grade in the year (B).... so not sure what that says about the teaching at my school....:confused::confused:

I got a B and then A* in my last mock. What I get depends on the questions. Anyway Good luck everyone.
how did you all find this paper?
Original post by melinalouise
how did you all find this paper?

I found it really easy. Not sure about 1 or 2 questions but the longer questions were definitely easier. Not sure if it was because i revised for this. Hope everyone gets the results they want on results day
Yeah same, I found the last question really easy, but there were a few questions that were a bit confusing
Original post by melinalouise
Yeah same, I found the last question really easy, but there were a few questions that were a bit confusing

Don't judge but i forgot what Table d'hote was 😂
I did the exact same thing 😂 I knew how it was arranged but not the meaning
how did you guys do?

i found some of the questions badly worded such as the Milk one. Where we meant to say cows,goats or skimmed,semi skimmed?

Also i think the cheese question was bad
I done the exam today aswell I thought it was quite easy, does anyone know what the knives were?

Quick Reply

Latest