The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Anyone got any good resources for parametric transformations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When dealing with partial fractions when do you have to divide is it when the denominator has a higher degree of power than the numerator.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 802
Why has this confused me so much? It is only 2 marks, I think I'm overcomplicating it but I just cannot seem to do it. Can anyone help?
Q5jan13.JPG

Q5 jan 13 !

Nevermind, I managed to work it out hahah I was definitely overcomplicating it.. oh well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 803
Any tips on learning differential equations and exponentials?
(edited 8 years ago)
any idea what 90 ums would be on the core 3 paper we sat? :smile: surely it must be lower than last year? :/
Reply 805
Original post by UOE15
Why has this confused me so much? It is only 2 marks, I think I'm overcomplicating it but I just cannot seem to do it. Can anyone help?
Q5jan13.JPG

Q5 jan 13 !

Nevermind, I managed to work it out hahah I was definitely overcomplicating it.. oh well.

Did you do it by inspection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 806
Original post by HennersPD
any idea what 90 ums would be on the core 3 paper we sat? :smile: surely it must be lower than last year? :/

Chill - it'll be around 64 I reckon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i just dont get parametric or cartesian equations at all
Reply 808
Original post by CD223
Did you do it by inspection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did! Is that how you would have done it?
Reply 809
Original post by UOE15
Yeah I did! Is that how you would have done it?

Yup! Differential of inner bracket is on the outside - quickest way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 810
Now stuck on Q7, the whole of part B. I just cannot do it!! (jan 13..)
Anyone able to help?
q7jan13.JPG
Reply 811
Original post by UOE15
Anyone able to help?
q7jan13.JPG

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433586248.648832.jpg

Here's bi, I found it really difficult too when I first did it, it's just about rearranging and substitution really. There's probably and easier method but I Hope it helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 812
Original post by saad97
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433586248.648832.jpg

Here's bi, I found it really difficult too when I first did it, it's just about rearranging and substitution really. There's probably and easier method but I Hope it helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!
Reply 813
Original post by UOE15
Anyone able to help?
q7jan13.JPG

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433586957.715976.jpg

This is part bii)... I had to look up this one because I was completely baffled by it but this method does make sense, do you understand what I've done?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Chill - it'll be around 64 I reckon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh Ok thanks - any advice for getting 100 UMS in core 4 as I'll need this I'm in any position to get that A* i need for uni! Bath are annoying the increased my offer to include an A* in maths due to the high competition for places on my course :/
Reply 815
Original post by saad97
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433586957.715976.jpg

This is part bii)... I had to look up this one because I was completely baffled by it but this method does make sense, do you understand what I've done?

Yeah I do understand what you've done, it is logical but I just don't think I'd remember how to do it in the exam haha
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 816
Oh Ok thanks - any advice for getting 100 UMS in core 4 as I'll need this I'm in any position to get that A* i need for uni! Bath are annoying the increased my offer to include an A* in maths due to the high competition for places on my course :/

Redo all past questions you've got wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Redo all past questions you've got wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok! Thanks! That question 8a on yesterday's paper wasn't even bad, so annoyed I couldn't finish it :/ what mark do you think you got on the paper? :smile:
Reply 818
Ok! Thanks! That question 8a on yesterday's paper wasn't even bad, so annoyed I couldn't finish it :/ what mark do you think you got on the paper? :smile:

What I wrote on the mark scheme was what I put down in the paper so I'm hoping I got the majority right but probably missed some method marks - 71-72 maybe?:smile:

Core 4 will be hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 819
In June 2014 question 1, do they really accept this for both marks finding the Cartesian question?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433588375.604052.jpg

There's two solutions there! I don't know why that gets 2 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending