The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

For all those still waiting and for those who have found out, i thought i should share my experience in case it helps someone? :smile:

I spoke to capita on Friday who said all the assessment centres have now finished 2 weeks ago so for all those who have had offers, they would have filled the 400 vacancies for the fast track, therefore for all those who are still waiting there is now little hope for you guys, the reason why you haven't had a rejection email yet is because capita will have yes and no's in response to offer by monday then based on how man y rejections they get they will start to offer those out to those who scored fewer marks....

I also asked about being offered my second choice (business admin) rather than my first (finance) and i was told finance has the least places and all offers are based on how you did at the AC, and now this is the only role i can accept...

It is likely some people will not accept their offers to some of you waiting may be on that list of those that just missed the pass mark...

has anyone had their locations and department confirmed yet?
I don't think anyone will have their dates and locations yet man, if they're still waiting to confirm who's accepting their offers. By the end of next week we should know where we are headed to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received an email saying i was successful for the Cyber Security position, I interviewed at Newcastle and was pleasantly surprised to hear that I got accepted as I thought my interview went extremely bad :P However I did think the online tests weren't that difficult so maybes they carried my interview. Just waiting to hear from the recruitment team now :biggrin:
Reply 823
Original post by Student765
Received an email saying i was successful for the Cyber Security position, I interviewed at Newcastle and was pleasantly surprised to hear that I got accepted as I thought my interview went extremely bad :P However I did think the online tests weren't that difficult so maybes they carried my interview. Just waiting to hear from the recruitment team now :biggrin:

Was that today?

Original post by anagoogi

I spoke to capita on Friday who said they would have filled the 400 vacancies for the fast track,
i was told finance has the least places and all offers are based on how you did at the AC, and now this is the only role i can accept...

There are 450 places for fast track not 400. 50 of those are cyber security. I doubt finance has less available places, but you never know. Good job with the offer. Hope you don't mind too much that it is your 2nd option and not 1st finance. Or do you think it might be a deal breaker for you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 824
Hi, just out of interest once you received you offer, and you replied to say you have accepted it (assuming someone has replied) did you get a reply from them again, just confirming the received the e-mail?
Original post by Miyata
Was that today?

I received the email on the 4th of June but only just found this forum :smile:

And marty89 yes I received a confirmation email a few hours after I replied to them.
Reply 826
I received the email on the 4th of June but only just found this forum :smile:

And marty89 yes I received a confirmation email a few hours after I replied to them.

Nice. Did they mention anything about Security Clearance or Developed Vetting interviews?
Original post by anagoogi
For all those still waiting and for those who have found out, i thought i should share my experience in case it helps someone? :smile:

I spoke to capita on Friday who said all the assessment centres have now finished 2 weeks ago so for all those who have had offers, they would have filled the 400 vacancies for the fast track, therefore for all those who are still waiting there is now little hope for you guys, the reason why you haven't had a rejection email yet is because capita will have yes and no's in response to offer by monday then based on how man y rejections they get they will start to offer those out to those who scored fewer marks....

I also asked about being offered my second choice (business admin) rather than my first (finance) and i was told finance has the least places and all offers are based on how you did at the AC, and now this is the only role i can accept...

It is likely some people will not accept their offers to some of you waiting may be on that list of those that just missed the pass mark...

has anyone had their locations and department confirmed yet?

so Capita confirmed that all 400 vacancies had been filled?
Original post by Miyata
Nice. Did they mention anything about Security Clearance or Developed Vetting interviews?

I have not received anything since the confirmation email of me accepting the offer. The deadline was Monday the 8th of June and it is also the weekend so I will most probably hear from them some time next week.
Reply 829
I have not received anything since the confirmation email of me accepting the offer. The deadline was Monday the 8th of June and it is also the weekend so I will most probably hear from them some time next week.

I know you didn't receive any correspondence after. I meant if they mentioned it in that email. But seems like that's a no then.
Reply 830
Ok thank you student765, I never got a confirmation I will call them Monday!

Thank you and enjoy Cyber Security apprenticeship, what region did you ask for?
Original post by Miyata
I know you didn't receive any correspondence after. I meant if they mentioned it in that email. But seems like that's a no then.

Sorry I misunderstood you it seems, no they did not mention it in the emails.

Marty89 I asked to be in Newcastle and said I would not consider moving at this time so hopefully I get Newcastle.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sadness knowing I didn't get it. I saw a group hug earlier, I'm in on that.
Let's hope some of us who didn't get it were in the pile that just missed it and might still have a chance.
Original post by samorenstein
Sadness knowing I didn't get it. I saw a group hug earlier, I'm in on that.
Let's hope some of us who didn't get it were in the pile that just missed it and might still have a chance.

You can definitely get in on the group hug! And hopefully we still have a chance, good luck!!!

I'm cyber security too man. With there only being 50 positions do you think we'll be grouped up in a couple of specific locations? I think we'll eventually get Develop Vetted as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 835
Hiya, has anyone recieved and email with an offer and replied to accept it but did not recieve a conformation
acknowledging you are confirmed the offer? I replied to the offer about 9am yesterday morning but didn't get anything back?
Just wondering if anyone else hasnt recieved a confirmation email either
Original post by minty17
Hiya, has anyone recieved and email with an offer and replied to accept it but did not recieve a conformation
acknowledging you are confirmed the offer? I replied to the offer about 9am yesterday morning but didn't get anything back?

I just got a generic email saying

Confirmation of receipt of email. Thank you for your response to the offer of a place on the Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship.
Reply 837
Original post by minty17

I was the same, i replied about an hour after getting it and nothing. Im going to call monday and let them know just to be safe.

What were you accpted to, congratulations!
Reply 838
Original post by Marty89
I was the same, i replied about an hour after getting it and nothing. Im going to call monday and let them know just to be safe.

What were you accpted to, congratulations!

Ahkay I might do the same on monday too. Is there a specific number to call?
Reply 839
Original post by minty17
Ahkay I might do the same on monday too. Is there a specific number to call?

I've emailed then twice and had no reply! Does anyone have a number that they've successfully gotten through with?

Quick Reply

Latest