The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
Samee..

It's scary to think that this time next week it'll all be over and i'll officially won't be a student at my school anymore...

I loathe it, makes me feel old and unsuccessful :tongue:

Original post by saahil0987
Thanks, tbh though I think it should be fine history all I need to learn in the key facts which isn't too hard and the exam technique. Whilst, maths is very much my forte so FM shouldn't be too bad.

I honestly can't wait for A levels like the subjects I've chosen are ones I have a genuinely enjoy doing and from the looks of the specs the topics in these subjects are 10x more interesting than GCSE and the funny thing is I've been watching a YouTube channel since year 9 called "CrashCourse" and when I looked at the A level specs most of the things I had watched on their videos was on the spec :biggrin:DDD

I'm excited for Alevels as well, but also terrified because I dont think that I'm smart enough to do my chosen subjects. I've watched a couple of crash course videos, and I have heard that they are very good for a levels
Original post by Midnightmemories
Samee..

It's scary to think that this time next week it'll all be over and i'll officially won't be a student at my school anymore...

Same! I had my last school day yesterday and it was insane. A few friends are leaving and our head of year is moving away so it was extra emosh. The celebrations were fun after school until the police came so we had to go ffs my year group
Original post by Neuth

It's good, yes! It means you aren't stuck on any topics, right? So you don't have gaps in your knowledge.

im not stuck on anything.

dont think i have gaps/
Original post by guitaristemily
im not stuck on anything.

dont think i have gaps/

Exactly! :redface:
Original post by Neuth
Exactly! :redface:

ok
Any other Edexcel History B takers here? My teacher hasn't shown us a single paper 3 so I have no idea how to do the exam..... help? :frown:
Original post by Strom
I have 3 exams left, what about everyone else?

5 next week. Then one the week after.... :biggrin:

Original post by ImagineCats
Argh tell me about it! I want another week to space out my remaining 2 exams because I'm scared about how time has flied I might feel like I didn't work hard enough? I hate those after-exam scares about whether or not you read the question etc :frown:

Yeah, when you completely blank like 'Wait, what question is this?' I hate those feelings. Or when you find out you completely misinterpreted a question or you come out of the exam and god dammit, you didn't actually get to the point of the question, you just summarised what info you'd been given (grrrr, geography). .....

I have 6 left and 4 of them are on 2 consecutive days! Arghhhh, I need more time for them than that : so annoying as they're the exams that need revision time as I need to boost my grade. :frown:
Original post by Strom
I loathe it, makes me feel old and unsuccessful :tongue:

I'm excited for Alevels as well, but also terrified because I dont think that I'm smart enough to do my chosen subjects. I've watched a couple of crash course videos, and I have heard that they are very good for a levels

If I survive, I'm sure you will I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Spanish :colondollar:
If I survive, I'm sure you will I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Spanish :colondollar:

I'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry, and physics
Original post by roarchika
Any other Edexcel History B takers here? My teacher hasn't shown us a single paper 3 so I have no idea how to do the exam..... help? :frown:

The past papers will all be online! :smile:

I have Germany 1918-38 and Britain 1929 - 51 I can help with those

If people found it hard, then the grade boundaries will be lower anyway :smile:
I wasted a whole day learning how to plait my hair and doing my make up. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I wasted a whole day learning how to plait my hair and doing my make up. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

that sounds like something i would do :P
Original post by Strom
:colondollar: Good luck! A lot of my friends who took business/history have about the same amount left.

:wink: I hate how quickly it's gone, I don't want to start A-Levels!

Thanks! I have Geography, History, Additional Sciences, Further Sciences and Further maths left :frown:

What a levels are you doing?
Original post by turn-to-page394
If people found it hard, then the grade boundaries will be lower anyway :smile:

I agree

Plus they need questions to differentiate the top candidates to the weaker ones

It wasn't that hard, just the wording wasn't that good. I can understand why everyone thought there was a lack of connection, but it did clearly say n is the amount of sweets...
Original post by Neuth
The past papers will all be online! :smile:

I've looked at some, but still have no idea whatsoever how to structure my answer (especially for the 8 marker)

I have Germany 1918-38 and Britain 1929 - 51 I can help with those

Britain 1929-51 looks like a fun topic! I'm OK for Germany actually; it's probably my best topic. But how do you structure the answers to your source paper?
I've looked at some, but still have no idea whatsoever how to structure my answer (especially for the 8 marker)

Britain 1929-51 looks like a fun topic! I'm OK for Germany actually; it's probably my best topic. But how do you structure the answers to your source paper?

For unit 3 my teacher said that:

Q1 (inference): [6 Marks]
Source A suggests...

Make 3 inferences from the source and back each one up with info directly from the source

Q2 (Purpose) [8 Marks]
The message of the representation is that...

Support the message with evidence from the representation and also with some information from own knowledge

The purpose of the representation is to...

Support the purpose with evidence from the representation and information from own knowledge

Q3 (Causation) [10 Marks]

One reason why...

Support with evidence from source and own knowledge

This led to (outcome in question) because...

(repeat this so that you have 3 paragraph each with a different cause)

Q4 (reliability) [10 Marks]

This is reliable/ unreliable because it suggests... (test content of source against own knowledge)

Discuss NOP and how at least one of these affects its reliability

Identify any limitations in the source

Overall how reliable is the source

(repeat for the other source)

Q5. [16 marker]
Intro (agree / disagree w/ the interpretation?)

Argument for (use sources + own knowledge) and comment on its strength

Argument against (use sources + own knowledge) and comment on its strength

Conclusion (saying whether you agree / disagree with the interpretation depending on strength of evidence)

MAKE SURE YOU TALK ABOUT AT LEAST 3 SOURCES TO GET 16/16
:smile:

Lifesaver! Thank you so much!

Latest