The Student Room Group

Ocr gateway science additional b3 c3 p3

what is most likely to come up in the ocr gateway b science additional test paper on the 6th of JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miki_99
what is most likely to come up in the ocr gateway b science additional test paper on the 6th of JUNE 2015

I have no idea..is it bad hat I haven't started revising yet? but im a bit too laid back i think, i got two A*'s in the exams last year.
Reply 2
lol, its not bad i jus wanna know whats likely to come up
I'd say revise everything just to be on the safe side. Apparently the heart hasn't come up in a while so it might come up on Monday as well as mitosis. Physics is fine, it's mainly all equations and you get given the formula sheet. I'm focusing on mainly maths right now and going to go over science before the exam haha
The heart came up last year and so did alot of stuff to do with respiration. However I would revise everything if I was you. (Or revise nothing so the the grade boundaries go lower) Please everyone taking this exam don't revise and do your worst so I can get my best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by sharkfinn87
I have no idea..is it bad hat I haven't started revising yet? but im a bit too laid back i think, i got two A*'s in the exams last year.

Wow, that's soo good! So you got an A* overall including your coursework?
Any tips on revsion?
Also could you possibly give me any guidance on this for OCR Core science GCSE:

If my coursework is a C grade (mid-high)= 25%
Paper 1 (35%)= Estimate about a mid-high C
Paper 2 (40%)= Estimate about a high B-low A

What grade would I get overall? Could it be possible to get a B overall /higher (hopefully) ?
Much appreciated :h:
Reply 6
Original post by miki_99

It's on the 9th of June??
Reply 7
Original post by Mystic mauve
it might come up on Monday

Isn't it on the 6th of june= Tuesday?? Or your doing a different exam? Surely B3 C3 P3 OCR Additional Science B is on that date..
Reply 8
Original post by ouatislifex
The heart came up last year and so did alot of stuff to do with respiration. However I would revise everything if I was you. (Or revise nothing so the the grade boundaries go lower) Please everyone taking this exam don't revise and do your worst so I can get my best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it on the 6th of june= Tuesday?? Or your doing a different exam? Surely B3 C3 P3 OCR Additional Science B is on that date..
Reply 9
Original post by b.l

I'd say revise everything just to be on the safe side. Apparently the heart hasn't come up in a while so it might come up on Monday as well as mitosis. Physics is fine, it's mainly all equations and you get given the formula sheet. I'm focusing on mainly maths right now and going to go over science before the exam haha

It is on the 9th of June isn't it? Someone please tell me
[QUOTE=b.l;56668895]It is on the 9th of June isn't it? Someone please tell me

Well duhh today is the 6th of June
Reply 11
Well duhh today is the 6th of June

Sorry, I'm confused.. When is the actual date for the exam?
Original post by b.l
Sorry, I'm confused.. When is the actual date for the exam?

It's on the 9th of June, this tuesday :eek:
For whoever hasn't revised yet, they can literally do one module a day, starting with chemistry as it seems like it's quite short and repetitive :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by I'm a peach.
It's on the 9th of June, this tuesday :eek:
For whoever hasn't revised yet, they can literally do one module a day, starting with chemistry as it seems like it's quite short and repetitive :smile:

Thankyou, so I was right?
What was that about Monday then??
Original post by b.l
Thankyou, so I was right?
What was that about Monday then??

Yep!
I just checked my timetable and I'm guessing that most of us are taking the Maths Calculator paper on Monday haha
Original post by b.l
Wow, that's so good! So you got an A* overall including your coursework?
Any tips on revision?
Also could you possibly give me any guidance on this for OCR Core science GCSE:

If my coursework is a C grade (mid-high)= 25%
Paper 1 (35%)= Estimate about a mid-high C
Paper 2 (40%)= Estimate about a high B-low A

What grade would I get overall? Could it be possible to get a B overall /higher (hopefully) ?
Much appreciated :h:

well unfortunately I was 3 marks of an A* overall. I got a B in coursework and 2 A*'s in the exams.

When I revised I did it about a week or a few days before the exam so the info in fresh in your mind, you will forget it if you start to early.

Then go through your book or revision guide if you have one and make noted on different topics, don't move on until you have completely understood everything on each page. After you have done this try to summarise these notes onto 3 A4 sheets, one for physics, chem, biology. You should learn to take down stuff you wont remember, be disciplined on yourself for info you don't need. Read these 3 sheets up unti the exam and you WILL be fine! :smile:
well unfortunately I was 3 marks of an A* overall. I got a B in coursework and 2 A*'s in the exams.

When I revised I did it about a week or a few days before the exam so the info in fresh in your mind, you will forget it if you start to early.

Then go through your book or revision guide if you have one and make noted on different topics, don't move on until you have completely understood everything on each page. After you have done this try to summarise these notes onto 3 A4 sheets, one for physics, chem, biology. You should learn to take down stuff you wont remember, be disciplined on yourself for info you don't need. Read these 3 sheets up unti the exam and you WILL be fine! :smile:

I got a B in my controlled assessment so of I got two A's in my exams would I get an A or B. Would I have to get at least one A* to get a A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on how high thr B was, if it was low you would have to get an A* and a mid A at least. But it depends on the ums marks.
Original post by ouatislifex
I got a B in my controlled assessment so of I got two A's in my exams would I get an A or B. Would I have to get at least one A* to get a A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
how did you find the exam today? i thought it was good except 2 questions. I forgot how to work out the atom economy oops.
Reply 19
how did you find the exam today? i thought it was good except 2 questions. I forgot how to work out the atom economy oops.

Was the answer for what was part b/a the right ventricle for the artificial heart? I wrote left because i thought of it as a ACTUAL heart and thought the left was more muscular UGH:angry::frown: Really didn't like this paper

Quick Reply