The Student Room Group

Resistant Materials exam (June 8th)

Does anyone have any predictions about what may come up on the AQA Resistant Materials GCSE exam on Monday the 8th? Or what topics always come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Task lights.
there always seems to be something about thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics so try to learn the differences! I'm hoping something comes up on smart materials (shape memory alloys) and composite materials! Also, at the front of every past paper there is three requirements and explanations needed about the preliminary material, which is task lights for us. Try and think of 3 requirements and explanations before you go in to secure 6 marks.
All the best!
Original post by leccartwright
Does anyone have any predictions about what may come up on the AQA Resistant Materials GCSE exam on Monday the 8th? Or what topics always come up?

this is a good thead as im doing that exam on Monday,
Any one have any ideas about the bigger mark questions (8-10 marks)
awwwww I remember doing this exam and aced it 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by indigo2011
this is a good thead as im doing that exam on Monday,
Any one have any ideas about the bigger mark questions (8-10 marks)

those are normally linked to the environment or CAD/CAM in some way
Original post by AbbieL
those are normally linked to the environment or CAD/CAM in some way

ok thank you
do you have any guesses as to what might come up on other questions
Reply 7
ok thank you
do you have any guesses as to what might come up on other questions

looking at past papers, maintenance is a popular choice but then again, mechanical systems have never come up so maybe it will be this year. In previous years, tolerances, health and safety have come up too.
absolutely dreading this exam to be honest!
Original post by AbbieL
looking at past papers, maintenance is a popular choice but then again, mechanical systems have never come up so maybe it will be this year. In previous years, tolerances, health and safety have come up too.
absolutely dreading this exam to be honest!

so am I, as our class has really struggled to learn everything for the exam due to having a really bad teacher last year and have to redo most of our coursework before we could get onto exam content but im sure we will be fine
Good luck
Reply 9
so am I, as our class has really struggled to learn everything for the exam due to having a really bad teacher last year and have to redo most of our coursework before we could get onto exam content but im sure we will be fine
Good luck

We've had a really good teacher but we've only been doing exam content for a couple of weeks. It doesn't help that I was in a challenging class. We've had knives thrown about and everything. How did you do on coursework?
My teacher didn't tell us our coursework scores.

By the way, does anyone want to swap task light ideas?
Reply 11
Original post by Sherry202
My teacher didn't tell us our coursework scores.

By the way, does anyone want to swap task light ideas?

Really? Wow! And my ideas are pretty basic, goosenecks, LEDs yadda yadda yadda. I'm really hoping we get to design like a science based one or something!
Reply 12
Original post by AbbieL
Really? Wow! And my ideas are pretty basic, goosenecks, LEDs yadda yadda yadda. I'm really hoping we get to design like a science based one or something!

Do you think they will ask us to draw them relevant to designers or design eras such as Art Deco or Charles Rennie Macintosh like past years.
Are you guys doing AQA or Edexcel?
Reply 14
Original post by Callnitram

I'm doing AQA
Original post by lmg1
Do you think they will ask us to draw them relevant to designers or design eras such as Art Deco or Charles Rennie Macintosh like past years.

I don't think so - my teacher said they would have included that when they told us about task lights so I doubt we will have to design in a specific persons/eras style
Reply 16
Original post by lmg1

No, for the context we got task lights and previous years the context was Art Deco and Mackintosh so they knew about that in advance
Do you think there will be an exam question about the designers such as Mackintosh?
Original post by Callnitram

edexcel, you?
Original post by AbbieL
We've had a really good teacher but we've only been doing exam content for a couple of weeks. It doesn't help that I was in a challenging class. We've had knives thrown about and everything. How did you do on coursework?

I got 81 which was three marks fro an a* however in past papers I have only been getting a low B high C so I really need to do well in this exam wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending