The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saad97
I found it awful too, there were a couple of questions on there I'd never ever seen before like wtf? :angry:

Yeah they are *****.. If they make core 4 as hard as core 3 , then I'll probably have to go through clearing XD
How do you know when to work out C in integration and when not to?
Reply 862
Original post by the_googly
How do you know when to work out C in integration and when not to?

It depends if they've given co-ordinates or a condition that follows the integral that enables you to substitute in numbers to work it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
It depends if they've given co-ordinates or a condition that follows the integral that enables you to substitute in numbers to work it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what if you just sub in (0,0)
Reply 864
Original post by the_googly
what if you just sub in (0,0)

Well you can only do that if (0,0) is a valid point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
Could someone please explain the log rules used for june 2012 4b ? :smile:
Original post by CD223
Well you can only do that if (0,0) is a valid point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 867
Original post by matthew6665
Yeah they are *****.. If they make core 4 as hard as core 3 , then I'll probably have to go through clearing XD

I'm already fearing that! :frown:
Reply 868
Original post by saad97

I don't understand what all the fuss about that C3 paper is :/. What did everyone find so horrible?
Original post by datpr0
I don't understand what all the fuss about that C3 paper is :/. What did everyone find so horrible?

Me too, I found it fine.
Hi, could someone please explain to me how to do this question? I have no idea where to even start. download.png
Reply 871
Original post by UOE15
Could someone please explain the log rules used for june 2012 4b ? :smile:

First you need the inequality that Mr Browns investment > Mrs White investment. Then you log both sides - it doesn't matter which base, but I did it to base 10 because its less writing :tongue: then you used the log law that log(xy) = log x + log y on both sides of the inequality. Then bring the power of T down on both sides log y^T = Tlog y, get the logs with T on one side of the inequality, the logs without of the other side, and then the log law log a - log b = log a/b T can now be taken out of one side as it a factor so you'll have T log(...) > log a/b divide both sides so you get T on its own, T > log(...)/log(a/b) put it in the calculator, and et voila.

Sorry if its a bit long winded/ confusing!
Reply 872
Original post by datpr0

I'm not making a big fuss about it, I'm just saying I messed up on the paper because firstly I made a few silly mistakes and secondly I wasn't taught a couple of things properly and they popped up which meant I dropped even more marks...
Reply 873
Original post by saad97
I'm not making a big fuss about it, I'm just saying I messed up on the paper because firstly I made a few silly mistakes and secondly I wasn't taught a couple of things properly and they popped up which meant I dropped even more marks...

:frown:, and I was referring to a general fuss. Hopefully C4 won't be too bad :wink:.
Reply 874
Original post by saad97

Don't worry I found it awful haha
Reply 875
Original post by datpr0
:frown:, and I was referring to a general fuss. Hopefully C4 won't be too bad :wink:.

Sorry I thought it was directed at me haha. I personally won't keep my hopes too high after the exams I've sat so far this year :tongue:
Reply 876
Original post by UOE15
Don't worry I found it awful haha

Haha quite a few people did, I've just forgotten about it tbh, time to work hard for my other exams!
Reply 877
Original post by Alex1004
Hi, could someone please explain to me how to do this question? I have no idea where to even start. download.png

Draw a triangle and use soh cah toa on it. You have values of two of the sides, then use Pythagoras for the other side. The angle can then be worked out.

For pt b, you use the same method, but as it is obese, you have to do 180/pi - answer because using inverse trig to find the angle will only give you the acute angle.

Pt c is using the double angle formula from your other answers.
Reply 878
Original post by aoxa
First you need the inequality that Mr Browns investment > Mrs White investment. Then you log both sides - it doesn't matter which base, but I did it to base 10 because its less writing :tongue: then you used the log law that log(xy) = log x + log y on both sides of the inequality. Then bring the power of T down on both sides log y^T = Tlog y, get the logs with T on one side of the inequality, the logs without of the other side, and then the log law log a - log b = log a/b T can now be taken out of one side as it a factor so you'll have T log(...) > log a/b divide both sides so you get T on its own, T > log(...)/log(a/b) put it in the calculator, and et voila.

Sorry if its a bit long winded/ confusing!

thank you!
Original post by saad97

Last question on JUNE 2010 is solid... :s Differential equation , i did the first step to separate them to both sides, but how did they integrate dx/Root(x+1) .. :s-smilie:
If u did that question could you give me an idea what to do ? Q8 (a)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending