The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History 2B: Russia 1914-39 10th June 2015

Haven't seen a thread for this exam so made this to discuss this exam.
hi, i'm doing the same exam too and i'm a bit worried and haven't started revising throughly, does anybody have any tips on how to revise for this exam. and if anybody would be kind enough to explain what you should write for each of the question types, that would be so helpful!! thanks
Reply 2
Original post by sunnyshine123
hi, i'm doing the same exam too and i'm a bit worried and haven't started revising throughly, does anybody have any tips on how to revise for this exam. and if anybody would be kind enough to explain what you should write for each of the question types, that would be so helpful!! thanks

ikr im just starting to revise it now :s. I have a sheet explaining how to answer each question so ill summarise it here:
1a: Inference
-2 supported inferences- don't need to 'explain' the inferences
1b: Key features
-State a key feature than explain what this meant/what it involved x2
1c: Consequences
-2 supported consequences=4-5 marks. For 8 link effects and explain how it affected Russia
1d: Causation
-2 supported reasons=4-5 marks. For 8 explain how the cause led to the outcome/why it was important
2: 'How'
-What happened to bring the change about- for full marx explain how the method led to the outcome
3: Essay
-3 PEEL paragraphs + conclusion prioritising factors
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by sunnyshine123

Do you know if they changed the format of this exam (like the cold war one) from previous years?
Original post by Naveen1412
Do you know if they changed the format of this exam (like the cold war one) from previous years?

yeh it has: 4, 6, 8, 8, 8(+3), 16(+4)
Does anyone have any predictions for questions?
Original post by Naveen1412
ikr im just starting to revise it now :s. I have a sheet explaining how to answer each question so ill summarise it here:
1a: Inference
-2 supported inferences- don't need to 'explain' the inferences
1b: Key features
-State a key feature than explain what this meant/what it involved x2
1c: Consequences
-2 supported consequences=4-5 marks. For 6 link effects and explain how it affected Russia
1d: Causation
-2 supported reasons=4-5 marks. For 6 explain how the cause led to the outcome/why it was important
2: 'How'
-What happened to bring the change about- for full marx explain how the method led to the outcome
3: Essay
-3 PEEL paragraphs + conclusion prioritising factors

You are a life saver thank you so much, I always get confused by what to do because its similar to my other history papers! thanks again :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by bluegirl64
Does anyone have any predictions for questions?

well both the 16 mark options on the sample paper are to do with russia under stalin. so i would make a guess that our 16 marker will be on something to do with the tsar or lenin.
for tsar im guessing it would be something like: was russias involvement in ww1 the main reason for the february revolution. ww1 involvement could be replaced with any factor e.g. rasputin, appointment of the tsar as commander in chief, food shortages etc.
for lenin it would be: were the weaknesses of the PG the main reason for the october revolution. with weaknesses of PG being replaced by kornilov revolt, april theses, propaganda etc. or another question im guessing is was war communism the main reason for bolshevik success in the civil war. with war communism replaceable by the role of lenin, role of trotsky, whites weaknesses, red terror etc. those are my predictions anyway these are nothing more than educated guesses.

TLDR i think the 16 marker will be on the Feb revolution, October revolution or the Civil War
Naveen garg never thought I'd see you on the student room 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest