The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

stressed
Original post by Emily.97
I miss a certain someone- wish I could just show him how much he means to me,
I've got nothing to do either than revise and the boredom is making me feel like ****,
Exam stress

always a stressful time exams, all i can say for that is just keep going and look forward to the lovely long summer you can have after they are done. i'm not sure i'd be much help with the missing someone
Original post by chelseafreak
always a stressful time exams, all i can say for that is just keep going and look forward to the lovely long summer you can have after they are done. i'm not sure i'd be much help with the missing someone

I hate to be a pessimist but I often dislike summer because I get so bored :L
Meh. I'm sure I'll be alright
I hate to be a pessimist but I often dislike summer because I get so bored :L
Meh. I'm sure I'll be alright

you might get bored but at least you'll be able to wake up and think "ah no revision to do today"
Original post by chelseafreak
you might get bored but at least you'll be able to wake up and think "ah no revision to do today"

I guess,
Thanks for acknowledging- much appreciated
I guess,
Thanks for acknowledging- much appreciated

no problem, anytime you need to chat you know where i am
I want a party lmao :awesome: I need to revise tho :colonhash:
Original post by Feraligatr

is just listening to music

I might watch a movie or something :wink:

One ok rock?

The conjuring?

:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
One ok rock?

The conjuring?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope nightcore typically

And I might watch Insidious :wink:
Original post by moment of truth
I am also suffering from depression and have contemplated suicide at some point, too. It is good that you can take a positive from such a horrible situation. :smile: I'm guessing you were quite close to her?

You can always PM me if you ever need to talk or anything :hugs:

Ah, then you will fully understand and empathise how depression actually feels like (because a lot of people don't fully understand). Hope you're doing okay today :h: Indeed, I'm starting to think more positively now and it's helping me a lot :smile: Well, relatively yes. I went to primary school with her for about 4 years and then never kept in contact that much, except for an occasional message or two on social media. She went to a grammar school and succeeded very well at GCSE; left that school after GCSE and went to a college, got into uni and sadly didn't make it through the end of first year :ashamed:
I'm planning to send her a message along with a piano piece for her on her wall :smile:

That is extremely kind of you - I definitely will do :hugs:
Original post by Feraligatr
Nope nightcore typically

And I might watch Insidious :wink:

Ahhh- I just listened, its pretty good. :smile:

Ahahahah- I haven't seen that one before. Sounds good :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Ahhh- I just listened, its pretty good. :smile:

Ahahahah- I haven't seen that one before. Sounds good :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed :u:
I don't feel like **** for once :h:
Good because I had the yummiest food xD
Original post by cake_lover
I don't feel like **** for once :h:

Ikrrrr....:biggrin:
Original post by Lovinlife2
Ah, then you will fully understand and empathise how depression actually feels like (because a lot of people don't fully understand). Hope you're doing okay today :h: Indeed, I'm starting to think more positively now and it's helping me a lot :smile: Well, relatively yes. I went to primary school with her for about 4 years and then never kept in contact that much, except for an occasional message or two on social media. She went to a grammar school and succeeded very well at GCSE; left that school after GCSE and went to a college, got into uni and sadly didn't make it through the end of first year :ashamed:
I'm planning to send her a message along with a piano piece for her on her wall :smile:

That is extremely kind of you - I definitely will do :hugs:

A lot of people don't understand what it is like, I wish more people that knew me did understand, cause then it would be so much easier. Today has been okayish, but the last few days have been hard. Hope you are alright today, too :smile:

Ahh, fair enough. Even though you weren't that close and hardly spoke to her over the last few years, it still must have been devastating to hear the news :sad: that could have easily been me, not lasting through the first year of uni :sad: That sounds good :smile:

:hugs:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Ikrrrr....:biggrin:

:five:
Original post by moment of truth
A lot of people don't understand what it is like, I wish more people that knew me did understand, cause then it would be so much easier. Today has been okayish, but the last few days have been hard. Hope you are alright today, too :smile:

Ahh, fair enough. Even though you weren't that close and hardly spoke to her over the last few years, it still must have been devastating to hear the news :sad: that could have easily been me, not lasting through the first year of uni :sad: That sounds good :smile:

Yeah, you see, it's something people always think "it's inside your head" :colonhash: My mum says that all the time :angry: Well, know that I know how you feel :smile: I may not know your exact situation but I know what you're feeling when you're down :redface: Ah, that's still good to hear that you've done well for today :smile: Keep the motivation for the hard days as a way of improving the days ahead of you - I always do that and it's helped me a lot. Give it a go and you'll see a difference :smile:
I'm doing alright today; just finishing my final assignment of the year then I'm done for summer!

Oh yeah, it was seriously devastating :ashamed: It was only last week that she posted a photo on fb sitting in a room with her flatmates laughing and then on Tuesday, I hear all of this :frown: I was updated on the news of her death and found that she had gone to a club (presuming Sunday night), came back and then hung herself :bawling: I couldn't take it.. I cried the whole of Tuesday night, but now I'm feeling better because I realise that God took her for a reason and she's safe with him now :redface:

Noo :sad: Well, I'm glad you made it through first year successfully in one piece :smile: Was it the shock of grades that made you think in that way? Or.. living away from home? Tbh I could have gone in the first year of A levels, but thought about it and painfully waited.. it's all good now and I'm surviving :smile: "Problem" is, is that I spend more time pondering on how I should commit than actually going ahead with the plan :colondollar:

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lovinlife2
Yeah, you see, it's something people always think "it's inside your head" :colonhash: My mum says that all the time :angry: Well, know that I know how you feel :smile: I may not know your exact situation but I know what you're feeling when you're down :redface: Ah, that's still good to hear that you've done well for today :smile: Keep the motivation for the hard days as a way of improving the days ahead of you - I always do that and it's helped me a lot. Give it a go and you'll see a difference :smile:
I'm doing alright today; just finishing my final assignment of the year then I'm done for summer!

Oh yeah, it was seriously devastating :ashamed: It was only last week that she posted a photo on fb sitting in a room with her flatmates laughing and then on Tuesday, I hear all of this :frown: I was updated on the news of her death and found that she had gone to a club (presuming Sunday night), came back and then hung herself :bawling: I couldn't take it.. I cried the whole of Tuesday night, but now I'm feeling better because I realise that God took her for a reason and she's safe with him now :redface:

Noo :sad: Well, I'm glad you made it through first year successfully in one piece :smile: Was it the shock of grades that made you think in that way? Or.. living away from home? Tbh I could have gone in the first year of A levels, but thought about it and painfully waited.. it's all good now and I'm surviving :smile: "Problem" is, is that I spend more time pondering on how I should commit than actually going ahead with the plan :colondollar:

Yeah, definitely. It is annoying because your family are the ones that you think would understand you better than most, but they often make things a lot worse. In saying that, my family have improved a lot since I was at uni and they just tend to let me be if they can see that I am having a bad day or whatever :redface: It does help to talk to others that have experienced something similar. Our stories may be completely different, but we all can empathise with how we feel when we are at our lowest. It's like, you have some really good days where everything is good, and then suddenly something happens and the low mood stays for ages :sad: I'll try :smile: it's hard to think positive sometimes (as you probably know) but it is important to, at least, try. That's good! I'm guessing you are first year uni?

I can't begin to know how you felt, but I can imagine that it must have been absolutely horrible. Especially, if she seemed fairly happy beforehand. It just shows that we have no idea what people are actually feeling like and so many people are able to put a brave face on. I, personally, cannot put a brave face on.

Gonna spoiler the stuff about suicide in case it triggers anyone.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
A mixture of confusion and boredom.

Latest