The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for those birthday messages guys 😀
New meds are making me super sleepy. My agreement with my psychologist to get up at 10am or earlier has kinda gone out the window....1pm...again. :sigh: HAven't even gone to the gym in almost a week.
:emo: voices are getting really bad again. and watchers following us everywhere :cry:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug: Hang on in there hun. I don't blame you for being scared - it sounds like a terrifying prospect.

I wish I had my own flat so I could just have you stay over no problems (and tasha96!) and keep you safe :frown:

:lovehug:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3113300/Oxford-college-forced-student-not-allowing-extra-time-prepare-exams-disabilities-called-histrionic.html

Some one just posted this on another subforum, don't know if I want to apply there now though I have the grades!! :s-smilie:

I dropped out of Nottingham because their support of my depression was non existent. Anyone else at/been to uni who can recommend one that provides good enough support?
I'm on 150mg Sertraline and it's never made me drowsy :nah: So I'd hope you'd be OK! :smile:

Yeah, I vaguely remember that feeling of working looming over you the whole time. (I've blocked most of Oxford from my mind. Dissociate wildly whenever I go there, to the extent that I don't remember ever being there :erm: )

Stay in touch by text, even if you leave? :frown:

No problems hunny bun :lovehug:

my friend was on 200mg sertraline and although it made her feel really tired, she has now recovered. yay!
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
:emo: voices are getting really bad again. and watchers following us everywhere :cry:

:hugs: I don't have any advice, I'm sorry, but you're not alone I'm experiencing much the same. Here if you want to discuss it further.
Original post by sherbet_lemons7

Really sorry to hear that lovely :frown: Will prod you after dinner to check in :lovehug:

Original post by Anonymous
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3113300/Oxford-college-forced-student-not-allowing-extra-time-prepare-exams-disabilities-called-histrionic.html

Some one just posted this on another subforum, don't know if I want to apply there now though I have the grades!! :s-smilie:

I dropped out of Nottingham because their support of my depression was non existent. Anyone else at/been to uni who can recommend one that provides good enough support?

Sorry to hear Nottingham wasn't great at supporting you. I would urge those with mental health problems to seriously consider whether Oxford would be right for them or not. It's not all complete horror stories but it's not a mental health-friendly environment by nature :nope:

I'm currently doing a PhD at Royal Holloway and I think the disability support there is fantastic :yep: Obviously it's a small uni so may not offer your subject...

Original post by Alicemidgetgem
my friend was on 200mg sertraline and although it made her feel really tired, she has now recovered. yay!

That's great she's recovered - good to hear that :biggrin:
Really sorry to hear that lovely :frown: Will prod you after dinner to check in :lovehug:

Sorry to hear Nottingham wasn't great at supporting you. I would urge those with mental health problems to seriously consider whether Oxford would be right for them or not. It's not all complete horror stories but it's not a mental health-friendly environment by nature :nope:

I'm currently doing a PhD at Royal Holloway and I think the disability support there is fantastic :yep: Obviously it's a small uni so may not offer your subject...

That's great she's recovered - good to hear that :biggrin:

I know, I'm so proud of her :smile:
feel pretty scarily bad.
Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: I don't have any advice, I'm sorry, but you're not alone I'm experiencing much the same. Here if you want to discuss it further.

:penguinhug: sorry its happenig to you :frown: I just want them to stop. :cry2:
Original post by ScaryScience
feel pretty scarily bad.

On Facebook if you need me :console:
Been busy all day :O

Breathing is still bad :frown:
Woke up to a friend request from my dad :s-smilie: been on my mind all day

Posted from TSR Mobile
PandaWho
friend request

Oh hun, huge hugs :jumphug: That must have knocked you for six :frown:
Oh hun, huge hugs :jumphug: That must have knocked you for six :frown:

Yeah i kinda dont know what to do :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Yeah i kinda dont know what to do :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if an estranged father did that to me, I'd tell him to go **** himself and re-friend request me when he actually starts acting life a half-decent dad/human being. But I appreciate that we all deal with things differently and that it's not easy to say that to a parent, however awful they are/have been :sadnod:
Well if an estranged father did that to me, I'd tell him to go **** himself and re-friend request me when he actually starts acting life a half-decent dad/human being. But I appreciate that we all deal with things differently and that it's not easy to say that to a parent, however awful they are/have been :sadnod:

Thats the thing, is he going to try and rekindle what ever a father/daughter relationship is meant to be like? Do i give him the chance?
Is he gonna moan and ask questions about why i deleted him?

Urgh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Thats the thing, is he going to try and rekindle what ever a father/daughter relationship is meant to be like? Do i give him the chance?
Is he gonna moan and ask questions about why i deleted him?

Urgh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see what you're getting at but tbh I think he should start by making an effort with you IRL, rather than starting off by being a Facebook friend, if he wants to (re)establish a father-daughter relationship :dontknow:
I see what you're getting at but tbh I think he should start by making an effort with you IRL, rather than starting off by being a Facebook friend, if he wants to (re)establish a father-daughter relationship :dontknow:

Iv made it more difficult for him to contact me IRL hes never had my address or home number and obv i changed my mobile number. So i dunno literally so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm, that is really tricky. I see the dilemma... :s-smilie:

Latest