The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4: Physics on the Move 6PH04 (11th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Undisclosed 15
Can anyone explain these 2 questions to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have not done the first one yet but the second one is F=ma=mdv/dt= d(mv)/dt
So the gradient of the line!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Does anyone know of any places to get a load of difficult unit 4 questions?

I found this custom made unit 4 paper on TSR but it doesn't have a mark scheme- would greatly appreciate it if someone made one though!!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1160855

Scribd 300 pages of old questions mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay so ive done 2 Unit 4 papers
Jan 2010 72/80
June 2010 63/80
Basically I get the capacitor questions mostly wrong when I do them, any advice or resources to get better at them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The magnetic field is into the page. Using the left hand rule, I figured that D was negatively charged.

BUT the book says that C is negative, meaning D is positive. I dont understand..
Reply 144
I don't understand why this question is A. I got 1.2 Wb when doing the question.

Original post by J_T_
I don't understand why this question is A. I got 1.2 Wb when doing the question.

Flux linkage is NBA so 50x0.06x0.06x0.4= 0.072
Reply 146
Original post by haappy17
The magnetic field is into the page. Using the left hand rule, I figured that D was negatively charged.

BUT the book says that C is negative, meaning D is positive. I dont understand..

I have the same revision guide and I got D is negative as well so you're not going mad. Must be an error in the book.. Noticed a couple of small errors in it actually, which really isn't helpful.
Reply 147
Original post by iceangel8
Flux linkage is NBA so 50x0.06x0.06x0.4= 0.072

Thanks. It's a bit annoying that they were really vague with the dimensions of the square because all they said was "the sides".
Original post by kor97
I have the same revision guide and I got D is negative as well so you're not going mad. Must be an error in the book.. Noticed a couple of small errors in it actually, which really isn't helpful.

Looking at the question I agree with you two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
For anyone who's done the v difficult Jan 2012 paper and was confused about the Ampere's law question, this vid explains it q well :smile: https://youtu.be/BXKihkHjYes?t=3m40s
Original post by cerlohee
For anyone who's done the v difficult Jan 2012 paper and was confused about the Ampere's law question, this vid explains it q well :smile: https://youtu.be/BXKihkHjYes?t=3m40s

Do you know the right hand grip rule?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Original post by physicsmaths
Do you know the right hand grip rule?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea :smile: right thumb is the current, right fingers are the magnetic field
Yea :smile: right thumb is the current, right fingers are the magnetic field

Good just checking 👀 lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Good just checking 👀 lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha
did you think it was an easy q? :smile:
hahaha
did you think it was an easy q? :smile:

Havent done it yet ony done jan jun 2010. Im pretty good at fields though. Capacitors are mindblowing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Havent done it yet ony done jan jun 2010. Im pretty good at fields though. Capacitors are mindblowing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay. Yeah I'm still not that good haha, but getting better (y)
What do you get wrong with the capacitors questions? It's always saying what happens when charging, or what happens when discharging and then doing a RC calculation to work out if the capacitor will be sufficient (which it always is) haha
Oh okay. Yeah I'm still not that good haha, but getting better (y)
What do you get wrong with the capacitors questions? It's always saying what happens when charging, or what happens when discharging and then doing a RC calculation to work out if the capacitor will be sufficient (which it always is) haha

I am just so off with some the questions. I get charging and discharging but dont understand some of the longer written questions. The calculations are easy though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know where I can find the answers to the unit 4 paper in the A2 hodder physics textbook?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many papers are you planning on completing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anybody explain the answers for the following MCQ's of the June 2011 phy U4 paper plz:
06)
10)
Oh and the question #14 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending