This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
This is fecking impossible :cry2:

Will send you a PM if you need to talk to someone? You're not alone. :hugs:
Original post by Midnightmemories
:hugs: My offer stands for any time, if you need someone I'm usually about...

I'm just worried that i'll end up saying the wrong thing :colondollar: I also suck at English and i know thats me being pessimistic but yeah... How can i write "thank you for doing so much for me this past year and helping me with the worst year of my life" without it sounding... wrong or stupid or like I've just copied it from the internet... I honestly have no idea and i googled it and nothing really comes up...

And now I'm just rambling so i'll stop.. :giggle:

You know, even just saying that sentence you wrote above about it being the worst year of your life and them helping you, speaks 1000 words :yep:
i should not have done that...
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You know, even just saying that sentence you wrote above about it being the worst year of your life and them helping you, speaks 1000 words :yep:

That sentence is going in it... I just feel bad just writing one sentence and leaving it at that...
i should not have done that...

What happened? :console:
Original post by Pathway
Actually beginning to feel bad about extra time/rest breaks/scribe/computer I get in exams because of the EDS/PTSD/depression/anxiety ****. :s-smilie:

Don't let some idiot make you feel bad. It's about putting you on an equal level to others and you have every right to that.
Pathway
Extra disability support

Please PLEASE don't feel bad for getting extra support. I know a lot of **** is being said about disabled people at uni in a certain thread tonight, but that does NOT mean the haters are right :nope:

Midnightmemories
:smile:

Like I said, a few words can say scores more! Even a one-liner is fine - it'll just mean a lot to them to know how they have helped you and that you appreciate it :smile:
That sentence is going in it... I just feel bad just writing one sentence and leaving it at that...

If you'd like- I can help you? You could give me the sentence and I could try and "jazz" it up a little...even though I think simplicityy would be perfect and they'd truly understand how much you meant it. I'm not sure ahaha but I do agree with the others that they wouldn't mind at all and infact would be grateful, regardless.

I'm not overly amazing at English either so whatever I may write may turn out to be awful but um...I'm just offering and its there on the table.- Since you seem worried about it + stuff. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Don't let some idiot make you feel bad. It's about putting you on an equal level to others and you have every right to that.

Please PLEASE don't feel bad for getting extra support. I know a lot of **** is being said about disabled people at uni in a certain thread tonight, but that does NOT mean the haters are right :nope:

Like I said, a few words can say scores more! Even a one-liner is fine - it'll just mean a lot to them to know how they have helped you and that you appreciate it :smile:

Just reminds me of my dad and brother. :s-smilie:
Original post by Pathway
What happened? :console:

regretting something i sent to someone a lot...

I know.... But at the same time half my mind is going through the "this'll never be exactly what you want to say" routine if you get what i mean...

Original post by Anon_98
If you'd like- I can help you? You could give me the sentence and I could try and "jazz" it up a little...even though I think simplicityy would be perfect and they'd truly understand how much you meant it. I'm not sure ahaha but I do agree with the others that they wouldn't mind at all and infact would be grateful, regardless.

I'm not overly amazing at English either so whatever I may write may turn out to be awful but um...I'm just offering and its there on the table.- Since you seem worried about it + stuff. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think i'll be okay, I'm going to sort it tomorrow i think because i don't want tog et myself into a state over it now... :colondollar: but thank you for the offer! :smile:
Original post by PandaWho
It tastes as nice as it looks :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can imagine. :giggle:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Just reminds me of my dad and brother. :s-smilie:

:jumphug:

I know.... But at the same time half my mind is going through the "this'll never be exactly what you want to say" routine if you get what i mean...

Yeah I know what you mean.

This might be a weird suggestion but are there any song lyrics or poems that could say what you would want to say, for you? I kinda did that with someone once and I dunno whether they "got it" or not, but at least I felt the song lyrics had expressed what I wanted to say far better than I would have, had I attempted to myself :colondollar:

I think i'll be okay, I'm going to sort it tomorrow i think because i don't want tog et myself into a state over it now... :colondollar: but thank you for the offer! :smile:

Okay- sounds great! Yep, I'm sure you're just worrying and you'll be more than capable of producing a brill paragraph when you write it tomorrow, when its the right time to think about it. Wish you the best of luck and you're welcome. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
:jumphug:

Yeah I know what you mean.

This might be a weird suggestion but are there any song lyrics or poems that could say what you would want to say, for you? I kinda did that with someone once and I dunno whether they "got it" or not, but at least I felt the song lyrics had expressed what I wanted to say far better than I would have, had I attempted to myself :colondollar:

I'm not sure, although I'm probably going to have a look now... :colondollar:

Original post by Anon_98
Okay- sounds great! Yep, I'm sure you're just worrying and you'll be more than capable of producing a brill paragraph when you write it tomorrow, when its the right time to think about it. Wish you the best of luck and you're welcome. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :hugs:
I'm not sure, although I'm probably going to have a look now... :colondollar:

Thank you :hugs:

:hugs: <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't been able to sleep (again). Fire alarm went off twice during the night so I've been too nervous (my brain goes into omgi'mgoingtodie mode when I hear loud sounds :facepalm:). That and I keep having weird intrusive memories/boarding on flashbacks, and it's been really hard to actually calm down from it. Not entirely sure what to do. My best friend is coming to see me later, mainly because she wants to help me put together a crisis plan (as the services here are too incompetent as I found out a few weeks ago and now I'm scared the services back home will be the same) and also just to chill out. Am happy to see her, kind of worried about being potentially triggering if I have a bad dissociated moment/flashback (seem to be way too common as of late :erm:). Hopefully will be ok. Just sucks and I know the fatigue is getting to me, even sitting up is a real test at the moment, ffs EDS. Don't know what to do anymore, everything is just ****. :cry2:
Original post by superwolf
How've you been? :smile:

Well, having a project which is a bit difficult, but hopefully things will get sorted out at the end.

Original post by Little Popcorns
Haha yeah I've heard some bad things about it as well, annoyingly my friend throws it at anyone who ever wants to talk about depression. Particularly her poor mum :/

I think it is really not the best thing, if people watch it and think they learn something about depression in general.

Not that I shared my blog whilst psychotic. At all

Oh yeah, though the whole internet makes it very easy to post anything, you would not want to tell.
Original post by Nathanielle

I think it is really not the best thing, if people watch it and think they learn something about depression in general.
Yeah I agree well I haven't seen the film or read the book but from the book synopsis and the trailer she seems like a bit of hedonist, drinking, smoking etc and that's not a fair representation of depression imo anyway. Mostly because people experience depression differently. It's almost like they're trying to make her 'cool'. Last time I checked there's nothing cool about being depressed, that is if what you're suffering is genuinely depression.
(edited 8 years ago)
worked 7 hours on Friday, 11 hours yesterday and 12 hours today, gonna be exhausted by 10 tonight :eek: earning over £200 in one weekend is pretty good though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't been round much (sorry!), but I'm always here if anyone needs a chat, just send me a message! Hooe everyone is doing well :smile:

Latest