The Student Room Group

GCSE Foundation Paper 4th June 2015

Hi

I sat the non calculator paper for foundation maths AQA on Thurs 4th June 2015 and I thought it was so hard I was nearly physically sick after it. I have worked so hard revising every other night since I started class September and when I came out of the exam I thought I had never studied anything I have lost all confidence in my ability and the second calculator paper is supposed to be even more difficult - by the way I did the exam in Northern Ireland where I live - what do you think did anyone have the same experience
Reply 1
Hey, I sat the same exam paper. Did you do Linear? I thought it was relatively easy. What questions did you get stuck on? Oh by the way I live in England if that helps.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi AmyKaurx

Yes it was a Linear Paper and I got stuck on the last question about the fish farm and I took a panic attack at the end and must have spent about 5 minutes doing the question on median,mode and range when I know how to do those types of questions
Reply 3
Original post by PortiaNI11
Hi AmyKaurx

Yes it was a Linear Paper and I got stuck on the last question about the fish farm and I took a panic attack at the end and must have spent about 5 minutes doing the question on median,mode and range when I know how to do those types of questions

For the median, mode and range I did this: median was 10, mode 11 and range 4. "7,8,9,11,11,11." This way the mode is 11, median is 10 and range is 4 by 11 - 7.
For the fish I did this: I remember the table being similar to this. There were three columns with two values already given so it was set out like this below (imagine it as a table haha).
Given table:
4 | |
|0.5 |
My answer:
4 | 5 | 1
0.4 | 0.5 | 0.1

It's probability. Remember decimal equals to one. So if the middle value is 0.5 that must make it 5. The first column is 4 so the decimal is 0.4. Add these up together makes 0.9 or 9. Therefore, you have 1 left for the top column and at the bottom you write 0.1.
Hope this helps. I didn't like the Fahrenheit question :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
HI

Yes I remember now the answers you gave for the median, mode and range are exactly the same as mine and that has helped me immensely - but the best part is I think I had the same answer as you for the last question as well about the fish. Please jog my memory about the Fahrenheit question to see if I can help

Thanks so much sorry it took so long for me to reply I was upstairs studying maths for Thursday exam
Reply 5
Does anybody have an unofficial mark scheme for this paper?
I can't seem to find one.
Reply 6
Hi

Sorry do not have any idea about the mark scheme
Reply 7
HI

Yes I remember now the answers you gave for the median, mode and range are exactly the same as mine and that has helped me immensely - but the best part is I think I had the same answer as you for the last question as well about the fish. Please jog my memory about the Fahrenheit question to see if I can help

Thanks so much sorry it took so long for me to reply I was upstairs studying maths for Thursday exam

The Fahrenheit one was where you had our formulas and you had to choose right one. Ah well, it wasn't too drastic. Hopefully Thursday will be a nice paper to. Are you doing it in the morning or afternoon?
Reply 8
Hi

I am doing my paper in the afternoon would have preferred the morning to get it over and done with. I remember the Fahrenheit now and I tried to reason it out but in the end I just guessed the answer
Reply 9
Hi

I am doing my paper in the afternoon would have preferred the morning to get it over and done with. I remember the Fahrenheit now and I tried to reason it out but in the end I just guessed the answer

Oh okay. Same here, my papers in the afternoon!
Hi did you do the higher tier paper.
Hi

Original post by AmyKaurx
The Fahrenheit one was where you had our formulas and you had to choose right one. Ah well, it wasn't too drastic. Hopefully Thursday will be a nice paper to. Are you doing it in the morning . Hi for the farenite question multiple choice did you choose c.
[QUOTE="sandev93;56706517"]
The Fahrenheit one was where you had our formulas and you had to choose right one. Ah well, it wasn't too drastic. Hopefully Thursday will be a nice paper to. Are you doing it in the morning . Hi for the farenite question multiple choice did you choose c.

Yeah, the question wasn't so bad. I picked D! I'm doing my paper in the afternoon, what about you?
[QUOTE="AmyKaurx;56726189"]
Original post by sandev93

Yeah, the question wasn't so bad. I picked D! I'm doing my paper in the afternoon, what about you?

Hi picked c to.
Hi have you got rhe unofficial mark scheme for the foundation paper non calculator one and the calculator one to.
Hi

I sat the non calculator paper for foundation maths AQA on Thurs 4th June 2015 and I thought it was so hard I was nearly physically sick after it. I have worked so hard revising every other night since I started class September and when I came out of the exam I thought I had never studied anything I have lost all confidence in my ability and the second calculator paper is supposed to be even more difficult - by the way I did the exam in Northern Ireland where I live - what do you think did anyone have the same experience
Hi have you got rhe unofficial mark scheme for the foundation paper non calculator one and the calculator one to.
Hi

I don't mean to be blunt, but try essay subjects instead, doesn't sound like maths is worth your time.

Also, one thing to remember is that there's a negligible chance no one feels the same way as you about it. Whatever your problems are, no matter how obscure, there'll always likely be many people going through the exact same thing; you're not alone.
(edited 8 years ago)
hi Amy for the nine digit question did you get the answer eleven because they were only referring to the first digit right.
Hey, I sat the same exam paper. Did you do Linear? I thought it was relatively easy. What questions did you get stuck on? Oh by the way I live in England if that helps.
hi you know the nine digit question was the answer eleven because they were only referring to nine units am I right here.
Hi

Sorry do not have any idea about the mark scheme
Original post by sandev779321
hi Amy for the nine digit question did you get the answer eleven because they were only referring to the first digit right.

I'm not sure which question you are referring to. My teacher managed to get the exam paper and he answered the questions to it so we could match our answers. I could show you that if it helps?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending