The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HennersPD
Which papers are those two questions from? Do you have your solutions for these as id like to compare how we did them :smile:

They are pilot papers which are slightly harder than the C3 and C4 exams, someone kindly posted around 4-5 of these papers, think its on page 44! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
They are pilot papers which are slightly harder than the C3 and C4 exams, someone kindly posted around 4-5 of these papers, think its on page 44! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok thank you! How did you find the Core 3 paper? What mark do you think youve got? :smile:
Ah ok thank you! How did you find the Core 3 paper? What mark do you think youve got? :smile:

Well it was probably the hardest C3 paper they have made. Well according to the unofficial mark scheme got everything till question 8, had like 5 minutes to do that question, could not prove the identity, so probably will lose 10 marks on that question alone. Kinda left part a, and just did part b as quickly as I could just made sec^2 x = 5 and solved that which is wrong. How did it go for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it was probably the hardest C3 paper they have made. Well according to the unofficial mark scheme got everything till question 8, had like 5 minutes to do that question, could not prove the identity, so probably will lose 10 marks on that question alone. Kinda left part a, and just did part b as quickly as I could just made sec^2 x = 5 and solved that which is wrong. How did it go for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same thing I got part way through solving 8a then ran out of time to finish and attempt part b! also got the range of F(x) and the gg(x0 incorrect though hoping for method marks :smile: reckon i've got between 62-65/75 just hoping thats 90 UMS as I need an A* in Maths for my firm choice university! what about you? feeling ok about core 4? :/ :frown:
Reply 904
Ive done this one and wondered if you could show me your solution to see if ive got it correct? :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433667479.995207.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly the same thing I got part way through solving 8a then ran out of time to finish and attempt part b! also got the range of F(x) and the gg(x0 incorrect though hoping for method marks :smile: reckon i've got between 62-65/75 just hoping thats 90 UMS as I need an A* in Maths for my firm choice university! what about you? feeling ok about core 4? :/ :frown:

Yeah core 4 will be hard, but if you think about it core 4 has pretty low grade boundaries think last year you needed something like 64 for full ums, we can hope hahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah core 4 will be hard, but if you think about it core 4 has pretty low grade boundaries think last year you needed something like 64 for full ums, we can hope hahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it was 64 for full ums last year and having done that paper a few times it's not actually too bad :wink: got any other exams next week? :smile:

Thanks man! That's exactly how I did it too :smile:
Can anyone help me i'm doing a past paper and im stuck on question 5 of jan 2013..I don't understand why you can't use integration by parts?? Any suggestions???
Have looked back through the thread and can't find any pilot papers? If anyone could please send me the links it would be much appreciated! :smile:
Original post by charlottexheath
Have looked back through the thread and can't find any pilot papers? If anyone could please send me the links it would be much appreciated! :smile:

I don't know how to link you, but they're on this page http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3041463&page=44 :smile:
Reply 911
Thanks man! That's exactly how I did it too :smile:

Here's the other one:

Sorry about messy workings. I mucked up initially with negatives!!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433668522.281863.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aoxa
Draw a triangle and use soh cah toa on it. You have values of two of the sides, then use Pythagoras for the other side. The angle can then be worked out.

For pt b, you use the same method, but as it is obese, you have to do 180/pi - answer because using inverse trig to find the angle will only give you the acute angle.

Pt c is using the double angle formula from your other answers.

Which past paper is this??
Yes it was 64 for full ums last year and having done that paper a few times it's not actually too bad :wink: got any other exams next week? :smile:

Yes four, it's gonna drain me. Got core 4, chem 4, physics 4, and mechanics :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 914
Swear this is the busiest week of A2 exams so boundaries for everything should be low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Swear this is the busiest week of A2 exams so boundaries for everything should be low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubisoft
What's the hardest C4 question ever on aqa?

i think the two 13 papers are quite hard and have quite low grade boundaries, you really have to think!
Just done the June 2012 C4 Paper...
I actually feel like I have been abused by AQA :'(
Reply 918
Original post by jjsnyder
Just done the June 2012 C4 Paper...
I actually feel like I have been abused by AQA :'(

Lol, thankfully you weren't born 3 years earlier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Lol, thankfully you weren't born 3 years earlier!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I surprisingly did alright, but oh my under exam conditions I feel so sorry for the people that had to sit that paper :O
It basically screwed everyone over as you can see by the grade boundaries!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending