The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SampleX
I wasted a whole day learning how to plait my hair and doing my make up. :colonhash:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Better that then plaiting hair in your exam.... No, of course I didn't do that in the geography paper.... :colondollar:

Original post by Jitesh
I agree
Plus they need questions to differentiate the top candidates to the weaker ones
It wasn't that hard, just the wording wasn't that good. I can understand why everyone thought there was a lack of connection, but it did clearly say n is the amount of sweets...

The wording was decent I thought when I actually saw the question. It seemed perfectly doable though I get that the feeling of 'omg, why did I revise so much [insert topic that always comes up in past papers]!!!!'

:smile:
Are the topics on the specs for A Levels going to change when we do the new A Levels in September? Or is the only thing that's changing going to be that we will have to do all our exams at the end of 2 years?
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Are the topics on the specs for A Levels going to change when we do the new A Levels in September? Or is the only thing that's changing going to be that we will have to do all our exams at the end of 2 years?

There are new specifications for most subjects, I believe.
Original post by Purple-Pixie

The specs are online by now
Original post by sditta
that sounds like something i would do :P

At least I went to work looking on point xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turn-to-page394
Better that then plaiting hair in your exam.... No, of course I didn't do that in the geography paper.... :colondollar:

:smile:

I'm going to brush up my skills in my further maths exams :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you revising for further maths any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moe889

Posted from TSR Mobile

Past papers and questions. Lots of them. Anything I don't understand, refer to the mighty power that is my father. XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moe889

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just do past papers and use my revision guide, also it's important not to be fazed by the fact it's further maths just treat it like normal maths
Original post by SampleX
I'm going to brush up my skills in my further maths exams :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: That pun though.

Good luck btw :smile:
Original post by Neuth
There are new specifications for most subjects, I believe.

Does that mean that there will be no useful past papers? How fun, we'll be the experimental year:awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frostyy
Does that mean that there will be no useful past papers? How fun, we'll be the experimental year:awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For further maths aqa there are four practice paper sets and 4 past paper series (I think)
You could also do core one past papers to brush up some skills. They don't include matrices and may include stuff like sequences and integration which we don't need to know but have useful quality questions. There's hundreds of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frostyy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume you're talking about level2 further maths lol
But maths next year won't change for us. We are the last year for maths in a modular way

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like absolute ****:frown: i hate life right now
Pls someone just help me
I wanted an A in English lit SOO BAD!
But i feel like I've messed up real bad..in the off mice and men second question I realised after the main quote was 'flopped like a fish' however i was rishing so much i didnt even read the whole extract thoroughly:frown: have I completely messed up,?my ca is an A..and if this is a low B.what will i need in poetry to be able to still try and get an A
Original post by frostyy

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are spec papers online
Original post by frostyy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd imagine there'll be sample papers online...
But yes, you'll have to search through others for questions on the topics still included :giggle:

You are very much the experimental year - enjoy the low grade boundaries :redface:

Original post by EXAMS//2015
I feel like absolute ****:frown: i hate life right now
Pls someone just help me
I wanted an A in English lit SOO BAD!
But i feel like I've messed up real bad..in the off mice and men second question I realised after the main quote was 'flopped like a fish' however i was rishing so much i didnt even read the whole extract thoroughly:frown: have I completely messed up,?my ca is an A..and if this is a low B.what will i need in poetry to be able to still try and get an A

Hey,

Firstly - breathe.
I'm sure you haven't done as badly as you think :yep:
I messed up the first paper, and still managed to get a high A overall - I'm now doing Eng Lit at A2 :yep:

Concentrate on the Poetry paper - if you can do amazingly in that then you will easily get an A.

Stay positive :hugs:
Original post by Neuth
I'd imagine there'll be sample papers online...
But yes, you'll have to search through others for questions on the topics still included :giggle:

You are very much the experimental year - enjoy the low grade boundaries :redface:

Hey,

Firstly - breathe.
I'm sure you haven't done as badly as you think :yep:
I messed up the first paper, and still managed to get a high A overall - I'm now doing Eng Lit at A2 :yep:

Concentrate on the Poetry paper - if you can do amazingly in that then you will easily get an A.

Stay positive :hugs:

do u know roughly what grade u might have git in the first and second..and ur ca..
i cant breather:'( feel like ive let everyone down
Original post by EXAMS//2015
do u know roughly what grade u might have git in the first and second..and ur ca..
i cant breather:'( feel like ive let everyone down

I could find out for you later tonight? :smile:
I'm not at home at the moment, but it's on my exam results sheet.

You haven't let anyone down. Promise.
:hugs:
Original post by Neuth
I could find out for you later tonight? :smile:
I'm not at home at the moment, but it's on my exam results sheet.

You haven't let anyone down. Promise.
:hugs:

please doo..:frown::bawling:
Omg tomorrow I have maths and catering I have revised very little catering because maths is more important. :frown::frown:

Latest