The Student Room Group

OCR Business studies F297 - SHL Pre- Release 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by josephrudd97
Use of valid ratios secures you into the level 3 boundary! So I'm going to try to use at least a couple of ratios per question, just incase my Level 4 point points I make aren't strong enough!

Yeah same it's a great strategy to maximise your chances of securing that A grade! Once you have the figures it makes it much easier to justify a path for the business to follow and hence get the level 4 marks. Last year it was 52/90 for A
Original post by neal95
Yeah same it's a great strategy to maximise your chances of securing that A grade! Once you have the figures it makes it much easier to justify a path for the business to follow and hence get the level 4 marks. Last year it was 52/90 for A

It shouldn't be too hard at all then to get an A. Obviously the first question is going to be the critical path, and they're always worth 13 marks! So you would only need 39/77, if you get full marks for each node, and if the grade boundary is similar. Just slightly over half marks per question! Also dont know if people have seen this, but I found it useful. http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/208548-unit-f297-candidate-responses-with-examiner-s-commentary-may-2014-series.pdf !
It shouldn't be too hard at all then to get an A. Obviously the first question is going to be the critical path, and they're always worth 13 marks! So you would only need 39/77, if you get full marks for each node, and if the grade boundary is similar. Just slightly over half marks per question! Also dont know if people have seen this, but I found it useful. http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/208548-unit-f297-candidate-responses-with-examiner-s-commentary-may-2014-series.pdf !

That's a great way to think about it, just make sure that you can do the calculations on this and f293 and yeah provided you get the 13 marks it's slot of pressure taken off. For the debt to assets ratio, for total assets did you minus the trade creditors or use the figure before the current liabilties ? Thanks
Has anyone done a question on interest rates, if so could u please post a pic of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will interest rates even come up, as it was on last years paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi guys, dont you think ratios are likely to be the 13 marker at the beginning?

im struggling to learn them all :/
Original post by r-t
May be an assess the advantages and disadvantages of SHL setting up a franchises or should SHL set up a franchise or establish their own outlets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi,

isnt setting a franchise going to be their outlets?

im confused by what u mean by setting up a franchise can you explain your point please
Original post by tweety97
hi guys, dont you think ratios are likely to be the 13 marker at the beginning?

im struggling to learn them all :/

I and my teacher highly doubt that the 13 marker will be anything but the CPA, they have dedicated a whole 2 pages from the case study to being a critical path question.
Would anybody be able to take a look at my exchange rates essay and give me any feedback? Just sent it off to my teacher so will let you know her response if you want to. If anyone wants to send me anything then do it and I will have a look for you!

Mark
Original post by GrundaloO
Would anybody be able to take a look at my exchange rates essay and give me any feedback? Just sent it off to my teacher so will let you know her response if you want to. If anyone wants to send me anything then do it and I will have a look for you!

Mark

Your essay has helped me a lot. Looks good to me, but dont take my word for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by raypalmer
Your essay has helped me a lot. Looks good to me, but dont take my word for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to be of service my friend, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with, out of curiosity, is there anything you would add or change in my answer?

Mark
Original post by GrundaloO
Glad to be of service my friend, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with, out of curiosity, is there anything you would add or change in my answer?

Mark

how comes you suggested discounting?. Figure 4 shows that discounting only increased revenue for the polo shirt, it decreased revenue for the other 5 items..
so surley discounting aint the best idea for shl?
For the CPA question they might ask you to recommend a strategy which could enable shl to improve its efficiency. What could you say in this question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by raypalmer
For the CPA question they might ask you to recommend a strategy which could enable shl to improve its efficiency. What could you say in this question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its hard to say because the CPA wont be the exact same on the day. I think its just a way to highlight that a critical path is going to be on the paper. Things you could mention are for example, if manufacturing is taking too long, then smaller bulk orders could be used to get a delivery here sooner. Delivery takes 28 days currently because they are manufacturing in the far east, so possible move into the EU to benefit from the tax reliefs that it comes with. Outsourcing parts of the project so they are no longer part of the critical path, so they can run side by side. Thats all I can think of right now
Its hard to say because the CPA wont be the exact same on the day. I think its just a way to highlight that a critical path is going to be on the paper. Things you could mention are for example, if manufacturing is taking too long, then smaller bulk orders could be used to get a delivery here sooner. Delivery takes 28 days currently because they are manufacturing in the far east, so possible move into the EU to benefit from the tax reliefs that it comes with. Outsourcing parts of the project so they are no longer part of the critical path, so they can run side by side. Thats all I can think of right now

Dont worry, thats good enough for me, cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could anyone help me with this question?

Explain how a change in exchange rates might affect the stratergic direction of SHL.
Original post by oppie5461
Could anyone help me with this question?

Explain how a change in exchange rates might affect the stratergic direction of SHL.

If you look at my answer to the objectives similar points could be made I guess, but also if you look at what they looking to do; for example their narrowing cost advantage of sourcing suppliers abroad. If the sterling appreciated in value they may not need to change suppliers as their import prices will be lower. Also you could say about how they would need to react in order to achieve their export target I guess.
How many minutes should you spend on the 18 markers and the 23 marker for the f297 paper
Hey guys in the product dev diagram, is the EST 24 or 29 on number 11?
Original post by Merrick8432
Hey guys in the product dev diagram, is the EST 24 or 29 on number 11?

Which letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending