The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's socially acceptable for girls to hit guys because girls are seen as physically weaker, somehow this gives them the right to become physically abusive towards men and no one bats an eyelid. I was beaten up by a girl recently, she beat the s*it out of me.
I view both situations as the same, although, if anything, it riles me up more when i hear of a woman doing it because of the fact that its not generally seen as an issue.

I think it's because a man inflicting violence is viewed culturally as more threatening than a woman behaving in the same way, especially when the male is quite big and the female is small.
they should be arrested brah
Usually men are capable of inflicting a lot more harm than women. It's also a lot more common for men to assault female because as we all know men are usually much more physically stronger.

This doesn't make females assaulting men OK, by the way. I've read about men being injured by women once
Reply 5
Original post by xtenshiai
Usually men are capable of inflicting a lot more harm than women. It's also a lot more common for men to assault female because as we all know men are usually much more physically stronger.

This doesn't make females assaulting men OK, by the way. I've read about men being injured by women once

Well a 6ft6 18 stone man would also probably inflict more damage than a 5ft6 8 stone man. The difference being if the 5ft6 man attacked the other, we wouldn't sympathize but just point out he was stupid picking a fight he was obviously not going to win. For some reason this doesn't apply to women?

And i would argue that its far more common for a woman to assault a male than the other way around.
Because it does not happen half as often, and when it does, the damage is likely to be a lot lower than when a man assaults a woman as men are generally stronger.

The people who carry out most of the violence against men are men. The people who carry out most of the violence against women....are men.
Reply 7
Original post by Antifazian
Because it does not happen half as often, and when it does, the damage is likely to be a lot lower than when a man assaults a woman as men are generally stronger.

The people who carry out most of the violence against men are men. The people who carry out most of the violence against women....are men.

I can't take this seriously.
Far more women assault men than the other way around. Its just not taken seriously.

I've probably seen more women assault men this year alone (through usually lashing out through slapping/punching) than i have heard of women i know being assaulted by whole life. Difference being a man gets slapped for example in a club, he has to brush it off and move on within 5 minutes.

A woman gets slapped by a man in a club and she'll be demanding he be sent to court.
Society sees men as more stronger physically and I think this is seen in the law as well.
So a woman is at an advantage if she has been assaulted by a man but at the same time the damage would be much more significant compared to a woman abusing a man.
Original post by JG1233
I can't take this seriously.
Far more women assault men than the other way around. Its just not taken seriously.

I've probably seen more women assault men this year alone (through usually lashing out through slapping/punching) than i have heard of women i know being assaulted by whole life. Difference being a man gets slapped for example in a club, he has to brush it off and move on within 5 minutes.

A woman gets slapped by a man in a club and she'll be demanding he be sent to court.

Yeah, right, because all the figures on domestic violence and assault are wrong and you're right...

You don't seem to understand that your own empirical experience =/= generalisable truth.

You also wouldn't even necessarily know women had been assaulted, not many people who know me know that I was domestically abused, why would they.
Reply 10
Yeah, right, because all the figures on domestic violence and assault are wrong and you're right...

You don't seem to understand that your own empirical experience =/= generalisable truth.

You also wouldn't even necessarily know women had been assaulted, not many people who know me know that I was domestically abused, why would they.

Because if a man reported a minor assault such as a slap to the police it would be taken really seriously. That's the title of this thread, it wouldn't be on the statistics because when a male is assaulted by a woman it's ignored.

You wouldn't guess i've been assaulted by 3 girls? I was punched and kicked at by 3 girls at once just for accidentally spilling a drink on one once, but am i supposed to pretend anybody would take it seriously? When i mentioned it to a bouncer he found it pretty hilarious i was saying i'd just been attacked by 3 girls. 3 guys laying into a girl on the other hand...
It's not ignored because it's rarely reported.
Original post by JG1233
Because if a man reported a minor assault such as a slap to the police it would be taken really seriously. That's the title of this thread, it wouldn't be on the statistics because when a male is assaulted by a woman it's ignored.

You wouldn't guess i've been assaulted by 3 girls? I was punched and kicked at by 3 girls at once just for accidentally spilling a drink on one once, but am i supposed to pretend anybody would take it seriously? When i mentioned it to a bouncer he found it pretty hilarious i was saying i'd just been attacked by 3 girls. 3 guys laying into a girl on the other hand...

If you didn't report this to the police (not just a bouncer) then of course it's going to be ignored...
Reply 13
If you didn't report this to the police (not just a bouncer) then of course it's going to be ignored...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/17/trio-of-women-burned-lotharios-genitals-with-curling-tongs-5106873/

There is cases only weeks ago where women have avoided jail for torturing a man with a pizza cutter and curling iron by burning his testicles over hours of torture. They didn't even go to prison, how am i supposed to take female on male violence seriously when that isn't even a jail-able offence? Women getting away with anything in court is a different matter, but it's obvious enough why men don't report it. Even if they manage to be taken seriously, the woman isn't going to be punished.

The consensus is that if a male annoys a woman, far to many women seem to feel entitled to lash out through slapping or otherwise. Whilst men whilst being assaulted would be viewed as the bad guys the moment they even retaliate. I'm sure if i would have landed a single punch on one of those girls and they'd have told the bouncer, he wouldn't have found it so funny.
Original post by JG1233
http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/17/trio-of-women-burned-lotharios-genitals-with-curling-tongs-5106873/

There is cases only weeks ago where women have avoided jail for torturing a man with a pizza cutter and curling iron by burning his testicles over hours of torture. They didn't even go to prison, how am i supposed to take female on male violence seriously when that isn't even a jail-able offence? Women getting away with anything in court is a different matter, but it's obvious enough why men don't report it. Even if they manage to be taken seriously, the woman isn't going to be punished.

And goodness knows how many men each year get away with beating, raping, and often killing women. And again, figures are on the low side because often women do not see the point in reporting these things either as men often get away with it - yet the figures are still far higher than for female on male violence.

http://kareningalasmith.com/counting-dead-women/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29642455
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26758565

HMIC said police received more than one million calls a year relating to domestic abuse and almost 58,000 victims - the vast majority of them women - were at risk of serious harm or murder. It said three women a fortnight were being killed by a partner or former partner and a third of all assaults recorded by the police related to domestic violence.

I think you'll find those figures are far higher. The case you describe is an extreme and unusual one, the rape, abuse, and murder of women is almost mundane. Violence is always unacceptable, but male on female violence is a far bigger and more widespread problem than the reverse.
Because women won't cause serious injury in the vast majority of cases. Any guy worth his salt will be able to assauge the situation before things escalate. Of course not to mention that lots of guys provoke women.
Reply 16
And goodness knows how many men each year get away with beating, raping, and often killing women. And again, figures are on the low side because often women do not see the point in reporting these things either as men often get away with it - yet the figures are still far higher than for female on male violence.

http://kareningalasmith.com/counting-dead-women/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29642455
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26758565

Completely irrelevant considering those people have not been caught, and so hence can't be punished.
There is nothing to even suggest those in your links were not murdered by other women, just you guessing.

Domestic violence is laughed at when men are the abused. Demonstrated on the Jeremy Kyle when a audience of mainly women laughed at a man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PR5ryhnYtQ

Then you wonder why males don't report it? The outrage if a woman said she was the victim of domestic violence for a audience to burst out laughing

To even suggest men report assaults by female as the same rates as vice versa. is laughable and its obvious why. Its near impossible to be taken seriously, and even if its gets to the point you are tortured for hours by women they won't even be sent to jail. If they can't be sent to jail, what are the odds the women who assaulted me would even be taken to court?

But like said, had i been angry and even assaulted one of them afterwards i'd expect to be arrested and them treated like the victim.

I think you'll find those figures are far higher. The case you describe is an extreme and unusual one, the rape, abuse, and murder of women is almost mundane. Violence is always unacceptable, but male on female violence is a far bigger and more widespread problem than the reverse.

Like said i think females assault males far more than the other way around.
Males are just expected to get on with it. Almost every male friend i know would probably say their girlfriend has lashed out and attacked them when angry, and their girlfriends wouldn't even see it as a big deal when confronted. They would however if their boyfriend lashed out when angry.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Daenerys...
Because women won't cause serious injury in the vast majority of cases. Any guy worth his salt will be able to assauge the situation before things escalate. Of course not to mention that lots of guys provoke women.

I notice lot of time when men hit women, it was due to the woman provoking them!
Men have higher threshold before they hit women compared to men.
Original post by mattcar904
I notice lot of time when men hit women, it was due to the woman provoking them!
Men have higher threshold before they hit women compared to men.

I disagree.

edit:

Men don't have a higher threshold for provocation in fact a lot of young males are immature and abusive to young women both verbally and physically. I don't deny that some women may pounce at a male at the earliest opportunity but that's seldom the case IRL because women don't want to get themselves beat since they don't want scars, bruises or any lasting damage that would ensue from a male's punch in the face or kick on the head.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JG1233
Completely irrelevant considering those people have not been caught, and so hence can't be punished.
There is nothing to even suggest those in your links were not murdered by other women, just you guessing.

Domestic violence is laughed at when men are the abused. Demonstrated on the Jeremy Kyle when a audience of mainly women laughed at a man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PR5ryhnYtQ

Then you wonder why males don't report it? The outrage if a woman said she was the victim of domestic violence for a audience to burst out laughing

To even suggest men report assaults by female as the same rates as vice versa. is laughable and its obvious why. Its near impossible to be taken seriously, and even if its gets to the point you are tortured for hours by women they won't even be sent to jail. If they can't be sent to jail, what are the odds the women who assaulted me would even be taken to court?

But like said, had i been angry and even assaulted one of them afterwards i'd expect to be arrested and them treated like the victim.

Like said i think females assault males far more than the other way around.
Males are just expected to get on with it. Almost every male friend i know would probably say their girlfriend has lashed out and attacked them when angry, and their girlfriends wouldn't even see it as a big deal when confronted. They would however if their boyfriend lashed out when angry.

You're completely deluded, only an idiot sticks to an opinion when they have been presented with evidence showing it to be bull.

Latest